Autumn Care Assisted Living - Knoxville, TN

Six days and OUT

I am not really sure where to start because I have written a 7 page letter to the facilities and the owners with no response at all from them. In the beginning they assured me that my mom was a candidate for Autumn care and came and accessed her and told me she was perfect for this environment. We moved her in on Saturday and a few days later a nurse named Becky called and informed me that we needed to hire someone 24 hours a day to come sit with her. If we couldn't afford to do that to cash in her insurance policies and get the family together to get the funds to hire someone or she could not stay. No one is able to tell me Becky's last name and now they are telling me that she doesn't work for them. It has been a terrible experience and we had to move her out the next weekend so her stay was only 6 days and they forgot to administer her Xanax at night so she was very agitated and she was very confused about her new surroundings as anyone with Alzheimers would be. To make matters clear she has never been combative or mean in any way. She is one of the sweetest most thankful people you would ever meet. I feel like we were deceived and lied to because I ask Anita what happens if she gets worse and she told me that they would never leave me in a position that I had no where to p;lace her and they would always help with placement if and when the time came. I actually would love for you to read the whole story and if you are interested please let me know and I will send a copy of the 7 page letter to you and it is a very in depth account of our experience. We could not afford to hire someone around the clock so we have brought her back home and now have a caregiver come in while I am at work. My trust in this place was shattered and the whole thing was a nightmare and set Mom back but we are recovering.

Good Value!

They're a little less expensive than the one I moved from and some of the others around. I have a larger room but not the biggest and I'm getting assistance with baths and things. This is more of a home like atmosphere than institutional and the care is good. The issue for Autumn Care is we now have 36 residents out of 42 spaces. It just opened in May and as they increase the number of residents, they increase the staff. It's like building an airplane while you're flying it. The staff are just really competent and they're kind. I think they sometimes get a little understaffed. They don't move as quickly as they should at hiring but everyone here seems to be quite satisfied.

They're encouraging us to go to the senior center which is 5 blocks. I was able to join a chorus there and they will take me over to rehearsal and pick me up which is wonderful! It's really fun.

We were rather impressed by this prov...

We were rather impressed by this provider - simple accomodations, but also concentrating on the points that we actually need to cover.

With over 30 years of experience we have developed strong beliefs about the right way to care for seniors. Autumn Care Assisted Living, in both of our Knoxville communities, offers a wide variety of social and community activities in which residents may participate. Three delicious meals, as well as nutritious snacks, are served every day. Dietary consultants provide assistance planning menus to help provide a variety of delicious and balanced meals, providing for any special dietary needs (low sodium, low carbs, etc..).