Augustana Care Center - Minneapolis, MN

Augustana Care Center - Minneapolis, MN has yet not published prices.

Augustana Care is a non-profit organization that provides senior housing, health care and community-based services to older generations and others in need—and helps residents live the lives that most inspire them. The principles that guide our work:

To value older generations’ talents and experience. To provide the care residents need, when and where they need it. To connect residents to the people and things that mean the most to them. To support residents and families with spiritual care that speaks to who they are.

Visit our website at: http://minneapoliscampus.org/

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/augustanacare

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/augustanacare

A grateful woman

When I arrived at Augustana Center I was unable to stand by myself , walk, or even hold a spoon to feed myself but due to the kind and professinal care I received from all of the staff, I was able to walk out of there in six weeks using only a cane. I am grateful for all they did for me.

Craig McDaniels

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are truly grateful that you shared it with us.

I LIVE AT AUGUSTANA APARTMENTS

I HAVE BEEN A HAPPY RESIDENT AT AUGUSTANA APARTMENTS FOR 28 YEARS AND HOPE NEVER TO HAVE TO MOVE FROM MY HOME. I APPRECIATE THE KINDNESS AND CONCERN OF THE STAFF AND THE HELP THEY GIVE ME. I ENJOY THE FUN ACTIVITIES BOTH AT AUGUSTANA AND TO CONCERTS, PLAYS AND DINNERS IN THE COMMUNITY. I DON'T BELIEVE I COULD FIND ANOTHER PLACE WITH SUCH A COMPLETE MAIN STREET WHERE I CAN GET MY HAIR CUT, GO TO THE PHARMACY, OR BANK, GO ON TO BUY GROCERIES AND FINISH WITH A COFFEE AT THE COFFEE SHOP AND THEN GO ON TO SEE MY DOCTOR WHO IS RIGHT ACROSS THE SKYWAY. I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED RIGHT HERE IN THE COMPLEX. I AM HAPPY TO LIVE AT AUGUSTANA.

Craig McDaniels

Thank you so much for your review. We believe our staff works hard to earn the praise you have shared here! We are so pleased that we are meeting your expectations.

this place is an awakening for all healthcare facilities!!!

The staff at least 70% are very lazy, they act like you are not worthy to ask them a question. They need to come back reality, have a little respect. If you want to ask a question or need somthing 3td shift forget it, 90% of time they are in back room sleeping. A they also should watch the racism!!!

Craig McDaniels

Thank you for bringing these concerns to us. Your feedback is appreciated and taken very seriously. We are investigating the concerns that you raised and will make any necessary adjustments. If you would like to continue this conversation, please contact us at [removed]. We would appreciate hearing from you directly.

We are glad to be moving

My mother has been in first the independent apartment then went to the assisted living, care suites.
Our experience was challenging. The care was not consistent and there was much turnover in staff. The programming is subpar...and for an elderly population, the signage, menus and posters and lighting and decor are awful. We are removing our mother from this place soon.

I work in health care. It is clear that they are not interested in the "health and well-being of elders"...

Craig McDaniels

We would like you to know we greatly appreciate your feedback and take it to heart. As salary increases are connected to Minnesota’s legislature, we do want to let you know recent legislative changes are allowing Augustana Care to increase salaries for front-line staff. That will hopefully lead to the reduction of turnover. We are deeply committed to building a culture of quality and are always eager to hear from others about how to hasten that process. We are very much committed to the health and well-being of older adults and would listen to any feedback you might have on how to improve our care. If you have time, please contact us at [removed] so that we can speak with you directly. Thank you.

Hope to never set foot there again

Regarding transitional care unit only: no sanitizer foam for every room, almost never saw staff clean their hands, bathroom cleaning was sloppy, food was almost always served cold (after the metal bin containing the trays sat in the hallway while we waited in dining room for 10-30 minutes), 2 instances of food service staff yelling at each other, 1 aide ignored 2 polite requests from a man to be taken to the restroom while the aide wiped tables instead, another aide ignored instructions from the charge nurse to cut up the meat so a patient could eat (while chitchatting with other aides). Everything is geared to Medicaid end of life. Stupid to require POLST from a middle age private insurance pay who just needed post surgery PT before going home.

Craig McDaniels

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We are truly sorry to hear you had this experience and want to assure you that each and every issue raised here is being addressed. Sanitizer does seem to be located throughout the building, but we will investigate this as well as other complaints. We want to reach out and ask you to contact us directly at [removed] so we can learn more about your experience.