Atria Richardson - Richardson, TX

Not The One For My Love One, But My Tour Went Well Overall

I had pleasant tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was friendly. From what I saw the community was well-kept, and everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff I met was helpful, and kind. They answered my questions, and treated me well overall. My tour was a good experience,

We Found The Right Community

I am very happy with the community we picked for my mom. I like how the staff provide the care. The meals are very good to eat. Activities are encouraged by the staff with all the activities they offer. I would recommend the community to my family and friends.

My visit.

This is an older community, however they do keep it well maintained. It looked like an active community when we visited. The apartment we were shown at this community just did not seem to be what we were looking for.

Mom's Care

We are happy with care that my mom is getting at this community. We are happy to see that she is beginning to participate in the activities that are offered here. The staff here is wonderful and caring. She is happy with all the meals that she is receiving. This community comes highly recommended to others .

Loved this facility, certainly wish it was within my Aunt and Uncle's means.

Tender Loving Care!!

The community has been great. The services they have been providing for my mother have been wonderful. My mother is allowed to go outside in their nice areas and get to enjoy being where she wants to be. Her care needs are being met, and the staff have been very attentive with her. My mother's meals are nutritious and taste very good. I would recommend this community to friends and family.

New to Memory Care

My husband is in the memory care unit. He has been very difficult to work with. The staff has done a wonderful job of calming him down and of working to make his transition as smooth as possible. They have treated him with kindness and respect. They have been knowledgeable about his issues both medical and mental health. They have worked with both of us to make things better for him.

I appreciate that when I get there for a visit, they talk to me about his care and about ways to make his transition easier.

The staff has been kind and considerate in a less than perfect situation. His room is very nice. The community rooms are attractive and comfortable. They even have patios and outdoor areas for patients and family to enjoy. The food is very good.

Thank you Atria!

Talked with Vicki. Was very pleased with the surroundings and offerings.

really friendly

I think the staff at Atria Richardson is really friendly. The get to know the residents very well and it shows that they genuinely care for them.

I have been very happy, and my dad is happy there.

I have been very happy, and my dad is happy there. The food is wonderful, I go visit and have lunch often, I am able to have a three course meal for 6 dollars. I feel like his nutrition is so much better, I see a difference in him already. The way the place is laid out makes it easy for him to navigate. They put your name by your door, and even had a welcome sign for him. They have really nice activities. It's very clean, and I love the staff, and they got to know my dad right off the bat. It seem really personal right from the beginning. You can feel the joy the staff takes in their work right off the bat. I love the "front porch", the little shelf by their door that they can decorate, and personalize. When he first came they paired him up with another gentleman so he has a friend.

They're awesome.

The Atria Richardson is a great place. They are awesome. I would highly recommend them. This a very nice and clean facility. It's been a good experience. My loved one was happy here. 4 stars. Very good.

Stands Apart From Other Assisted Living Facilities

We moved my Dad into the Atria after spending many hours of visiting other facilities in the DFW area. The staff was accommodating for any special needs my Dad had and made us all feel welcome. They give their residents a "higher level of touch" than we had experienced with another facility (for a different relative).
If you are looking for a place where your loved one will be well taken care of then I recommend you visit the Atria.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. She is very happy there. I don't have any concerns over the staff being friendly, or how clean it's kept. The food is the best part, they are amazing. They have enough going on that she keeps herself busy, but it would be nice to see a few more special activities.

Review of Atria Richardson Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Richardson, TX

AI: Contact: Patty Semi-Private $4000 Private $5345 No Respite now. SPECIALS price FREEZE 12 months. NO AVAIL ROOMS Waitlist (3 residents will be moving soon)

A nice community, but not a great fit for us

I think overall they do a good job at this community when it comes to things like cleanliness, care, and other basics. However they've fallen short in a few ways that really disappoint me. My loved one lives in the memory care section, and I could tell that it wouldn't be a good fit for him socially since the other residents were much farther along in their memory issues. However, they said they'd be happy to take him out to do activities with the assisted living residents to get more socializing in. I feel like they just told me this to get me to move him in, as while they did it for a few weeks it is getting less and less frequent. The memory care unit is also very small, and I don't feel like it has a lot for my loved one to do.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. It is wonderful to hear that you are happy with the care that’s being provided and we would love the opportunity to speak further regarding your concerns for his social life. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors but in the meantime, please feel free to reach out with suggestions you have for activities that might interest your family member. You may email us directly at [removed] and if you kindly include “Atria Richardson” in your subject line, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help!

Positive Tour, Strong Possibility but I didn't like outdoor areas enough

Touring the facility with my father, it looked very clean and pleasant. Open air atrium feel overlooking dining hall. Natural light in some areas. Various employees from the Directors to Physicians Assistant to food service to the Chef were introduced to us in both the Assisted living and Memory Care sections, all were friendly, smiling and seemed genuinely happy to be working there- engaged. They are smart; branding with name tags that show their years of employment there. Most were 7-15 years (key positions which is encouraging). The food looked good and smelled good (shrimp scampi/fettuccini was one option) with classic all-the-time menu options. Oh, and on our departure we were given a fresh, warm homemade apple pie compliments of the chef. Yes, it was delicious! Another smart branding idea since food is often critiqued heavily in reviews. The efficiency size to one bedroom assisted living apartments looked adequate, in good shape, and typical of two communities that I have seen with addition of an outside shelf by your door to put personal mementos on which is a great touch- especially to find/remember where friends live. This is a tiered community that allows pets, which is key for my father and stepmother who have a cat. One computer/library, cafe (that had no food snacks in it at lunch time) resident laundry if you're up to it, hair salon, rehab exercise room, family dining room you can book for visits. Dining is assigned seating. They have all levels of care; you pay add-on and wellness with Memory Care all inclusive $59.95/mo whether assisted or memory (Alzheimer's locked wing). Base rates of apartments here as of this date start at $3,650. Every place you visit can give you pricing sheets/brochures. Make sure you figure all the add-ons out, plus if Veterans benefits can apply/how much and what medicare covers. They have lots of outings and activities for both assisted and memory care which looks good. Note: They provide transportation to doctors appointments but only on Tuesdays & Thursdays and will try to accommodate additional appointments but who knows how easy that is, so consider that scenario if you're a child out-of-state. The only thing about the facility I didn't prefer were the grounds. Due to east-facing front, they have a nice covered patio with tables and chairs but it overlooks the driveway and parking lots, street and apartments across the street. Not my idea of a nice view but perhaps if your vision isn't good it doesn't matter. Back is not that great either: West-facing (too hot so no one sits out), about 5 chairs- not even rockers- for residents not in wheelchairs (which I didn't see many) - with grass and a path to a nice Gazebo, again facing another back parking lot. Too much cement for me. No balconies in the apartments for those who like to keep potted plants/flowers to sit out and have coffee/tea, no outdoor areas that are nature centric or pleasant to sit outside. That is my personal deal breaker- I would feel trapped indoors all the time. Too bad the facility's architect couldn't design it with an interior courtyard. That would have made it complete for me. Other than the lack of nice places to walk (I think they should have at least one rehab freestanding steps with bars for exercise) and sit outside, I'd consider it for myself when my time comes.

Nice Private

This seemed like a really nice facility. All the rooms were private and there were only two levels of care. However, if you are looking for a facility that is memory care only, this is not the place.

You Can Do Better

A member of our family lived here for a few months. Ultimately, we found there was a lack of honesty and transparency and a lot of dodging of questions and responsibility. All that changed when inspectors visited, then the place was spiffed up and everyone was treated very sweetly. They will greet you with a grocery-store-style pie when you visit and that is a good indication of what the food is like. If you like hot dogs and Velveeta grilled cheese, you’ll be fine. Don’t expect fresh grilled fish and fresh fruit, it’s canned. There are a couple of caretakers who stand out, but in the end we learned that they are not treated well and are becoming bitter. The staircase and piano in the lobby belie the lack of maintenance and a surly maintenance man with a system of work orders which mean it will never get done no matter how much you ask. It feels like they’re hoping you will forget. I feel terrible for the people who live here who don’t have family members to constantly advocate for them. There were often stains on the carpet or ceiling leaks which took days to be addressed. If you keep in mind that the bottom line is this is a business, for profit, and that is their main focus, you may not be disappointed. If you believe the brochure and the sales pitch, you're in for a rude awakening. Your requests for improvement may fall on deaf ears but the director drives a BMW. The activities are the best part, but you can do better for your loved one.

Kate Vance

We are very concerned about your family’s experience at our community and are here to help. If you are open to talking further with us, we would welcome the opportunity to get a better understanding of the situation. If you are willing, please email us directly at [removed]. If you include “Atria Richardson” in your subject line, we can quickly include all the right people on the correspondence. We appreciate your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.

Maybe assisted living is no...

Maybe assisted living is not the right venue. The one bedroom was nice, but do not want a bed in the living area, which seems to be prevalent. It would be too institutional for mom and she would feel,like she was in a nursing home... The place seems homey and small... Outside area is rather poor.. Front porch with drive or a communal back porch area, which is is nice but no real private space... Pricing becomes quite a bit with assisted for a lot of services mom does not need... Nice activities, great transition program and welcoming program and resident helpers to acclimate.

Kate Vance

Thank you for coming in for a tour of our community. I am sorry that we didn’t end up being the right fit for you. If you would like information about our other communities in the area or feel we can be of further help to you, please reach out via [removed]. If you would kindly include “Atria Richardson” in your subject line, we will be able to quickly include the appropriate people in the correspondence. We are here to help.

It was a really nice upscale place, we really liked it.

It was a really nice upscale place, we really liked it. It was a little expensive, and this wasn't going to be a long term solution for us because of that. The patient to caregiver ratio was not as good as it can be in a residential care home. It's fabulous with a strong retention of their staff, most have been there 6 years or more. The staff is so wonderful.

So pleased...

We have only been in for a week, and I already feel relieved that my parents are in good hands. The nurse is on top of health issues (doctor calls, home health services, meds, etc.), move-in and set-up requests have been handled efficiently and quickly, the food is tasty, and the staff is FANTASTIC! My parents have been welcomed by sweet ambassadors and the activities director is already at work to involve them in the community. As I left today, Dad had a need and I had him push his pendant---and ran into a caregiver on her way up as I stepped off the elevator. Just wow!

Very impressed with the staff, the le...

Very impressed with the staff, the level of professionalism and concern for our loved one. Everyone at The Atria has been very patient and kind. They are very well aware of my Mother's needs and they have gone to extra lengths to provide exemplary service. My Mother has voiced on numerous occasions how much she likes the staff and that she appreciates them.

Memory Care Unit good experience

My mother lived in the Memory Care Unit in Atria Richardson for about 4 years. We had a very good experience and she was satisfied there. Mom was a wanderer and the locked door for the memory care unit saved her from going out on her own. They have a fenced, secure area where the staff took the residents out in good weather, which was also great for mom as she loved the outdoors. I was very pleased with the staff. Turnover was extremely low and the staff were all caring and gentle with the residents. Food was great and there were enough activities to keep mom interested. I was able to discuss concerns with the staff and found them accommodating and reasonable. There are always issues with care, but our concerns here were small and this is a place I recommend.

Has both AL & Memory care. ...

Has both AL & Memory care. Good location right behind RMC. AL=$3650/m + $55/m laundry + $310/m to $620/m for personal care help + $325/m to $425/m for medication mgmt. Memory care wing = $5695/m

Very Impressed

Their staff is wonderful! Everyone there has senior care training, down to the maids and the cooks, every year. They do lots of activities! They go to different events, plays, baseball games, the symphony, and the arboretum. I think they are a wonderful facility and recommend them highly. Unfortunately, we couldn't afford to keep my mother there. She had to move to a less expensive facility to conserve money.

Wonderful food and great family activities

We show up once she's moved in there and they kind of dropped the ball. With the part where they're supposed to give her medication and in our mind they give it to her and watch her while she takes it but that's not exactly how it happens. I don't know if they just leave it on a table or hand it to her and walk away but when we came to see her we saw pills sitting there. The cleanliness is great, I'm very impressed with that, I believe they pick up the trash twice a day and her room is always spotless, so are the main rooms, it's very nice. We had an occasion to eat there and the food was wonderful, it almost makes me want to pay them to eat there next month. They're really welcoming, I like that they have a lot of programs for the families to get involved in too. My daughter and son went down there for a "bingo with grandkids" or something like that and it was really nice.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. I’m glad to hear that you have enjoyed our community for the most part, but I would like to address the medication issue you mention. It is our policy to watch as the person takes their medication, and I would like to apologize that this did not happen on the day you visited. We have addressed this with the appropriate staff and will be conducting additional training and coaching to ensure that all medication policies are being followed. We are very dedicated to resolving any problems that may arise, and I encourage you to please contact us at [removed] if you have any questions or notice anything that causes you concern. (Be sure to include the Atria community name in the subject line.)

Open Doors Were Not Right For Us

I was looking for a place for my parents. My mom is kind of staring to wander and this place had the doors all open so she could just walk out. That was not going to work for our situation.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. Our community is equipped with a secure Life Guidance memory care neighborhood for those who experience symptoms of dementia, such as wandering. We would welcome your visit again so that we may show you the benefits of this area of our community. If we can help further, please email us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

nice people;bright but awfu...

nice people;bright but awfully small;I can see dad trying to go out the doors to find Mom;can't see Mom living in the small apts on other side;

LaDawn K.

I’m glad to hear that you found our community and staff to be pleasant, and I understand your concern regarding your parents living in different areas of our building. I would like to assure you that our staff is trained in the best way to redirect residents when they feel anxious, and your parents would have plenty of time to share together as they wish. If we can answer any questions or if you would like to visit again, please let us know. We can be reached via email at [removed] (include the Atria community name in your subject line) or you can, of course, call or stop by anytime.

Like this place, staff is exceptional...

Like this place, staff is exceptional. Great interaction with clients.

Closest to our home. Very nice/new.

Closest to our home. Very nice/new.

Just what Dad needs

Just what Dad needs

Very nice. Engage, Nutrition...

Very nice. Engage, Nutrition & Exercise. ILF and 3 levels of AL.

Atria Richardson is an elegant community in a quiet, residential neighborhood. Enjoy a stroll along the outdoor walking path, make new friends at the annual sweetheart rodeo party or invite your relatives for family bingo night. Atria Richardson is near shops, restaurants, medical facilities and places of worship.