Legend at Capital Ridge - Topeka, KS

• Availability of Professional Service Staff 24-hours per day
  • Availability of trained clinical staff 24-hours per day
  • Utilities
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Personalized care plans
  • Daily up and about check
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Free Nourishment Stations
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Medical Director on Staff
  • hospice care assistance
  • Free Assessment
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Massage Therapy
  • Anytime Dining
  • Memory Care Services
  • Secure Memory Unit
  • Female & Male Residents

Something Not Right in This Community

We have two years experience at this community. We are still waiting on new carpet. Trim is off the cabinet, reported multiple times, still waiting to be glued. Weekly cleaning is not thorough enough. Although dad could make his bed, when mom was alive and living there the bed was made daily. Don’t understand this. When things are brought to their attention, staff avoids you and are less available. During this time the community has had complete administrative and nursing staff turnover. Each time we visit the door code has changed which is an indication someone has quit or been let go. One on the CMAs seems to be a snitch and reports every little thing. Trust is becoming an issue. Someone in leadership needs to stop by or be around at evening meal. This seems to be the toughest time when servers are not cooperating with one another to serving the residents. Seems money is the focus of the care. I don’t understand the scoring method for the best of senior living award. Although a nice place, it certainly does not give the feeling of home nor has the facility delivered all the warmth positive experience we were sold when we made the decision to move in.

We toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was very nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. It was absolutely outstanding and beautiful. The assisted living wasn't a locked down facility and we didn't feel comfortable with that. I would recommend families tour many places before choosing a community.

I toured this community

I enjoyed my tour here at this community. It was nice and clean. The staff answered all of my questions. It just wasn't the right fit for my mom and I had to go with one that was closer to me.

Great care and comfort

The care at this community is very good. The staff are good and very attentive to her needs. The menu is good, but does need some improvements. A very clean community and we like that it is only level. The have a nice variety of activities for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend this community for the care and the value for a loved one.

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for your kind review! We're thrilled to hear your loved one is enjoying the life enrichment activities and getting the care she deserves at Legend at Capital Ridge. If you or your loved one has specific suggestions for the menu, please feel free to talk to the residence director or the chef about them. We appreciate the feedback!

Clean Community!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far we are very pleased with how things are going for her. The staff provide her with great quality of care make sure she is comfortable in her living environment. They also do a good job at keeping in good communication with me about her progress any updates. She has had no complaints about the food and is enjoying the social environment as much as she can.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for your kind review! We are honored that you and your mother chose Legend at Capital Hill, and so thrilled to hear things are going well for her. She's a wonderful addition to our community!

This is on the top of our list. I would love to live here myself. Very clean residences and friendly staff.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for visiting Legend at Capital Ridge and taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled to hear it's at the top of your list. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional thoughts or questions about the residence!

A beautiful facility!

The Legend at Capital Ridge was a very nice community. We liked it a lot it was priced much higher. It was very open and a good experience to tour it.

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for visiting Legend at Capital Ridge, and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you liked it. We appreciate the feedback!

Moving in The Right Direction

My brother in law is still adjusting to this community, but we do feel comfortable with his move here. It is a nice community with kind people. The staff is very friendly. They do a good job keeping everything nice, and clean. My brother in law is a point where he can't really do activities, but there some available for the residents. The meals are great. He loves the food, and is eating very well. So far everything is moving in a positive direction for us here at this community.

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for your review! Adjusting to life in a new community can be challenging, but it sounds like your brother-in-law will really enjoy living at Capital Ridge. We're glad to hear he likes the food (our chef is awesome!). Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's something special we can do to help him get situated.

Budget Friendly!!

One of the main reasons my family and I had picked this company for my loved one was how budget friendly they where. The size of the bathrooms in the bedrooms are very reasonable and the housekeeping does a great job on keeping the apartment clean for my father. He has had some complaints about the meals but for the most part has liked them. I would recommend this place to anyone looking into a great place for there self or loved one

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for your kind review! We’re so glad to hear that our top-notch staff is keeping your father’s apartment looking great, and pleased to hear that he’s overall happy with our chef’s delicious food. If your father has specific suggestions for dishes he’d like to see incorporated into the menu, we encourage him to join the community’s Food Council. We love having your father at Legend at Capital Ridge, and we appreciate the feedback!

A few bumps in the road

The move into Legend at Capital Ridge went pretty well and my dad is still adjusting. We have however had a few bumps in the road concerning the communication between the staff members. When you ask them a question they have to check with some else and it may take up to a day to get an answer. I think this may be due to the administration having a finger on things, an example would be my father wanted to take his dog to get shots & they had to check to see if they were able to help him with this request. The food is good for the most part however there have been a few issues with the menu and the options the residents are given. The community is slow to change the requests given by the residents. Overall I would say things are improving with the community.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience at Legend at Capital Ridge. Legend Senior Living is committed to providing the highest quality of service in supporting the rights, dignity and independence of seniors. We are honored to serve your father and look forward to continuing to provide an enriching environment. Please feel free to contact Lesa Duryea, Residence Director, or our anonymous Customer Care Line at [removed] to share any future thoughts or comments.

Four Stars

They know my mom and they really look after her well. I think something that they could improve is the layout of the building, because anyone who is further in the back, it is a really long way for them to walk. I think they could change that and have everything in the center. Also the fee, if you want to hang pictures in the room or decorate, then they charge you for that.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience at Legend at Capital Ridge. We are honored to serve your mother and look forward to continuing to provide an enriching environment. Please feel free to contact Lesa Duryea, Residence Director, or our Customer Care Line at [removed] to share any future thoughts or comments.

Great place for ,om

We had to make a very difficult decision after the Dr's. At senior diagnostic center did not feel she should go home because of her dementia. I had been working with a counselor at A place for Mom. She helped me in the decision making. Legend for the last month has worked with mom getting her settled in. It has been a positive situation.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for sharing your comments about Legend at Capital Ridge. Legend Senior Living is committed to supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors. Capital Ridge's Memory Care neighborhood is dedicated to providing compassionate care for seniors diagnosed with Alzheimer's and other dementias.

Legend at Topeka, Kansas

We where greeted warmly and with concern for our loved one. (Mother) The application process was not complicated. The visit by the professionals to evaluate
what level she would be accepted for was very good
and Mother enjoyed their visit.
The staff is caring and the meal staff is very attentive. the Chefs are to be complimented.
We highly recommend the Legend Assisted Living facility

Baye Winegar

Thank you for sharing these wonder comments about Legend at Capital Ridge. We are honored to be of service to your mother and are committed to quality care and supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors.

Very good tour with lots of...

Very good tour with lots of info.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your interest in Legend at Capital Ridge. We appreciate you sharing your comments.

Good Menu

I like the value. It's for my dad but the value is better than the last place he was living. They have several activities but my dad doesn't take part in any of them so I don't know that much about them. I just know they have them. One thing he likes here at this facility is they have more of a menu for their meals. And if you don't like what's on the menu they always have a side menu of hot dogs and hamburgers and things that you can order any time. My dad is liking it a lot better up here.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review of Legend at Capital Ridge. Your feedback will be used to better serve residents.

Legend at Capital Ridge is an assisted living and memory care residence committed to providing quality services in an inviting, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We remain dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.

At Legend at Capital Ridge, we honor each resident's independence, personal choices, and dignity. Visit us for a tour, and you'll see how our combination of a beautiful residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at Legend at Capital Ridge is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Legend at Capital Ridge is a purposefully designed, free standing assisted living housing and services option dedicated to providing a residential environment where residents receive personalized services to support their independence and dignity.

Every design feature of Legend at Capital Ridge is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior
You’ll feel at home in this beautifully landscaped residential setting.
• Elegant homestyle architecture
• Two enclosed courtyards

Apartments
Designed with the comforts of home and engineered with the functionality to support independence.
• Five distinctive apartment styles
• Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink and cabinetry
• Large bathroom with curbless shower
• Emergency call system with speaker response
• Phone and TV connections
• Individually controlled heating and air conditioning

Interior
Generous gathering areas inspire an enriching lifestyle full of friends and new experiences.
• Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services