At Home in Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara, CA

The best choice!

We recently moved my father from a hospital in Tucson where he had been treated for recurrent pneumonia and urinary tract infections. We had also been informed that he had quite a bit of confusion but had been offered no diagnosis. We chose At Home in Santa Barbara because of the very homey feel to the facility and the kindness of the staff and the residents. When he arrived at At Home in Santa Barbara, he was instantly made as comfortable as possible and he all his needs were seen to. Lucy had seen to getting his prescriptions from the hospital sent to her so that she could provide him with what he required as quickly as possible. Lucy had also identified that he would need to be seen by a physician very quickly and engaged Dr. Lawrence Mietus (The House Call Doctor), who came to At Home within my dad's first few days here in Santa Barbara. Dr. Mietus was able to offer a diagnosis and a perfect management plan. Although my fathers illnesses were much more severe that we initially thought, they did a wonderful job accommodating all of his needs and, in the end, did as much as they could to keep him comfortable. I am so grateful for all of the care that was given to my dad while he was there and for the dignity that the staff at At Home in Santa Barbara were able to maintain for him.

People were extremely nice....

People were extremely nice. Rooms were pretty good sizes.

Helpful and friendly

Our A Place For Mom Rep made finding a new place for mom as simple as can be. He was so nice, we needed a quick move and A Place For Mom and At Home in Santa Barbara accommodated. We looked at four other places, two were like nursing homes or hospitals and very expensive, far above our budget. One facility that was very nice had amenities that were not practical for my mom. For the price and location At Home in Santa Barbara seems like the best value for us. The staff turned us on to the shuttle that transports residents to the doctors, which has been so helpful. We are very happy with At Home. To be honest this place wouldn't be for everybody, it is pretty bare bones, but it's always clean, the residents are well fed, and I've never smelled a bad smell. I feel like it is a really good place but it's not fancy; very practical and well taken care of.

At Home In Santa Barbara is a 14 bed assisted living home located in the center of Santa Barbara. We are about a mile from the Santa Barbara Mission and the beach.

One of the greatest advantages of At Home In Santa Barbara is our ability to offer specialized services to individuals who need extra care and attention. because of our mid-size community, we are small enough to retain individualized care but big enough to offer a sense of real community.

We are proud of our strong music and exercise therapy programs. Every Tuesday and Thursday, we have a physical therapist conducting chair and stretching exercises for all the residents. On Mondays and Wednesdays, we have two distinguished musicians specializing in geriatric music therapy conducting our unique music therapy programs.