Aspen View Living, LLC - Aurora, CO

Horrid Place! Don't go here!

DO NOT go here!!! The weekend care taker was so bad that if I could file a report on her with the State, I would. Anyway, our mother was in bad shape and the owner told us that they could take care of her until end of life. She was there for a month and he calls us and tells us that she's exceeded their care and we have to move her. They let us know that the sooner the better and that they just can't do it even though they were told AHEAD of time that she was a FULL ASSIST patient and would need help in going to the bathroom.

This weekend caretaker (Fri-Sun) would throw her into the bed with the help of another care taker and tell her, "Don't bother turning on your call light as I won't answer it!" So, if our mother needed to go to the bathroom she'd have to lie in it for the entire night as the care taker would refuse to change her. By morning this would be unacceptable as you can imagine!! An adult depends can only hold so much. Plus, the weekend care taker didn't seem to care that our mother had loose screws in her back that was causing her pain and by throwing her into bed was also causing the screws to move all over and jarring her back. The care taker would get mad if the plates weren't put back on the table correctly - who cares if it's not set right - if someone wanted to use it during the day. It was all for show anyway! The weekend care taker was always on the phone doing her own thing and never doing anything that she should have been doing and was listening to her music or talking to her family on the phone. Forget that there's people that need to be taken care of there.

The only good care taker was the weekly one who was the manager of the place. She made sure the people there received the proper care and really looked after the people. That's the only good thing there. One person who was good to the people. That was it. Other than that nothing else.

The owner wouldn't respond back after numerous attempts of contacting them. They would run of out supplies multiple times during the week and he would be very insistent on them hand washing the dishes instead of using the dishwasher as he didn't want to use up the extra water and electricity.

Overall, do not go to this place! Go to just about any place other than this one!!!!

Truly good if you only need assisted living. Not so for anything more.

Nice clean place. Director Dr Greg Green was very accommodating to my mother with a fast move in from the hospital. During initial visit I was told that my mother could be taken care through end of life. I explained the condition of my mother as extreme weakness and numbness in extremities that was getting worse and that she needed a lot of help to do most simple things. Once moving my mother in the care givers expressed that she required more care than they could handle. Over a one month time my mothers condition worsened to the point that could not stand, assist, or feed herself. Some of the care givers were very rough and told my mom not to bother them during the night that they would not respond to her call button during the night if she pushed it. Finally I was asked to find nursing home care for my mom ASAP. My one regret is that I was told that she could be cared for through end of life. I though that meant that no matter how bad she was she would be cared for with maybe some added cost. Longest month of my life worrying about my moms care. I spent no less than 10 hours a week there trying to relive the care givers and help my mom. Fortunately we were able to move her into a facility that is caring for her medical issues. A learning experience. Great place if you are truly just in need of assisted living but beyond that, don't be convinced that if your loved one needs help at night or if they are unable to do a lot of things that they will be a good fit for Aspen View Living.

BSN

Wonderful place!!!! I'm a nurse and my expectations are very high regarding what an assisted living home should offer seniors. Derek the owner is available 7days a week and lorrie the caregiver/house manager has a heart of gold. You can't go wrong placing your loved one at this wonderful facility 5 star plus!!!

Caring home environment

My mother has been with Aspen View a few months. This is THE model for assisted living if you or your loved one needs care. It is not about flashy amenities and activities like some of the big places. My mother doesn't need or want those. She needs ASSISTED LIVING. This is a HOME. The caregiver Lorie is attentive and always alerts me if she needs something or something doesn't seem right. Derek Main one of the owners in a physical therapist and he checks on her frequently. He communicates well with me and is very approachable when ever I have questions. I feel this is a VERY caring environment. Lorie is a great cook too. My mother does not want to be anywhere else!

Aspen View Living the best !

I moved my mom from Scottsdale AZ
to Aspen View Living and the care for my mom is so wonderful. Lori the caregiver is amazing with seniors and so caring. Lori's cooking is wonderful too! The owners are hands on and always available if mom needs anything. I'm so impressed with this assisted living home.

Awful Experience

First of all, they misrepresented themselves. They say they have 24-hour care, but they do not really. They have someone on premise, but you can't get in to contact with them when you need too. Also she was not able to receive the care she needed because the facility was inadequate for her needs. They said they could take her and then when we moved in we had nothing but problems. They were pretty rude and unfriendly as well.

Its a good community they definitely take care of their people living there. I dont have really anything bad to say about the place.

As it turrns out, my mother needs far...

As it turrns out, my mother needs far more care than Aspen View Living can offer.

Aspen View Living is awesom...

Aspen View Living is awesome! Derek Main has made a beautiful living space for 6 lucky seniors who get to live there! My mom is one of the lucky 6, I toured and was not able to find a single thing wrong about this community. It's new, beautiful, staffed and maintained wonderfully, a 5 star residence.