Ashbury Heights of Fulton - Fulton, MO

We are not happy with Ashbury Heights our experience so far as not been good one. The place is not very clean I have my concerns about the up keeping of the community and it has't gotten better. The facility had one owner that did everything and she wasn't very good at and now there is a new owner and he very hard to understand and the residents aren't really taken well to him. The food is cooked by himself and it isn't that good, but he only cooks what he knows how to. We are waiting to see if things improve with this owner. The location of this community is not a good for our family and things haven't been very good here we are considering other places.

Terrible! They forgot I was coming and the lady I was supposed to meet had gone back to the grocery store for the second time. The groceries they had just bought were on the floor. The rooms were not well maintained. I knew right away it was not a good place for my parents.

Ashbury Heights Review

The facility basically has 2 staff that do everything which includes meal preparation, all cleaning, medications, phone calls ect. I feel the two staff do a great job. They have a night shift person that stays up all night as far as I know.

There are no activities to speak of. The two staff are way over worked, but are always pleasant and caring. The staff do try to work out problems. They are willing to let clients have pets, and try to make the pet thing work if possible.

Overall the facility has been good for my family member. Some of the memory care facilities are way too fancy and costly for many people. In many situations It is worth giving assisted living a try for the demented ambulatory person. Ashbury Heights is about 2000.00 less expensive then some of the memory care facilities.

One thing I hear from staff is CORPORATE Is ( synonymous with Big Brother) IS NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS OR THAT. I suspect that like all businesses Ashbury heights is primarily interested in the bottom line. Again I do give their staff much credit for working long, long hours in a stressful situation as caring for old folks can be tough and nerve racking. I have worked in Mental Health and Rehab for 31 years and I have no idea how the staff manage. They have always been pleasant and professional with me and my family member. Together we have worked out problems which is satisfying for all.

joyce furnell

Im sorry you have had issues with the facility. We do appreciate our staff members. You are in error of the number of staff assigned to the facility, In addition if all the company was interested in was the "bottom line" we wouldnt be $2000.00 per month less expensive than other RCF's. We value all our residents and families and want their stay to be satisfactory,if you need assistance from anyone from this Home Office,do not hesitate to contact us! Sincerely

Services provided at no additional cost:

Private room and private bath
3 nutritious meals per day and snacks
Medication administration including insulin administration
Housekeeping services
Laundry service
Activities

Our company has been providing care for Seniors since 1990 when we built our first Community.
We have served seniors in Fulton and the surrounding area for 11 years.
Our community is licensed by the MO Department of Health and Senior Services for 12 residents. Our small service number allows for the staff to really get to know the seniors who live with us – not just as a community resident, but as a person. Moving to a care facility can be frightening for both the resident and their family, but our trained staff help ease the transition with genuine caring, respect, and understanding of the feelings that accompany such a life change. Your loved one’s physical health, mental health, emotional needs and safety are important to us. Finding a community who knows how to address those needs are what we are all looking for, right?
A small community lends more to a large family setting rather than a nursing home setting. Residents have input on meals and activities in their community. It is a definitely a community intended to promote independence with helping hands when needed. Our community bridges the gap between not being able to stay at home alone and not needing the services of a nursing home.
We encourage you to tour our facility, learn more about us, and see the difference for yourself.

Please view our video at http://youtu.be/K1zxbguCHvw