Bristol Manor of Centralia - Centralia, MO

Much improved w/New Administrator

We moved our Mom into Bristol Manor in May 2018, we were promised the same type of care we were providing at home by the Administrator at that time. The care was poor, the housekeeping was not good, the meals were not served at scheduled times and the food quality was poor. My Mom ended up back in the hospital & ER several times due to lack of care & medication issues. In mid-August 2018 New Administration was hired with previous Bristol Manor experience. The new Administration & staff have made extra efforts to ensure that Mom's specific needs are met. They listen to us when we talk to them about Mom. They have also made a large number of improvements to the facility, including the cleanliness. The meal times are now scheduled and a menu is posted daily so the residents know what they can expect. The individual rooms are spacious, w/private bathrooms & large closets. I would NOW recommend this facility to friends & family!

Do not put a loved one in this facility ever! They claim to be assisted living when you sign up-- then once upon admission (when they have your money) they refuse to be of assistance--no help with anything. There is a constant turnover of staff. My Mother saw 5 different Managers in 9 months. The kicked my 92 old Mother out with just 1 and 1/2 hours notice. Claiming she could not get to the bathroom or dinner table. She had been discharged two days earlier from a skilled nursing facility where she walked 150Ft alone! The administrator, [removed], is quite rude and extremely unprofessional.

Best out of the 3 we say

It was better than the other options we looked at that were comparable in price, I don't really know that much about the activties per se but I wouldn't say they have a wide variety, they have regular activities but I really can't go into detail about them. I think the staff there has been excellent, they've really gone above and beyond in providing service. The facility itself is older and not great, I mean, it's adequate but it's not a great facility, but the care and friendliness of the staff overcomes the deficit. One of the reasons we moved her here was that the food where she was before was terrible but Bristol Manor has really, really good meals. I know the manager on a regular basis goes over to the Amish community to get fresh fruits and vegetables so moms quite happy with the food.

Services provided at no additional cost:

Private room and private bath
3 nutritious meals per day and snacks
Medication administration including insulin administration
Housekeeping services
Laundry service
Activities

Our company has been providing care for Seniors since 1990 when we built our first Community.
We have served seniors in Centralia and the surrounding area for 20 years.
Our community is licensed by the MO Department of Health and Senior Services for 12 residents. Our small service number allows for the staff to really get to know the seniors who live with us – not just as a community resident, but as a person. Moving to a care facility can be frightening for both the resident and their family, but our trained staff help ease the transition with genuine caring, respect, and understanding of the feelings that accompany such a life change. Your loved one’s physical health, mental health, emotional needs and safety are important to us. Finding a community who knows how to address those needs are what we are all looking for, right?
A small community lends more to a large family setting rather than a nursing home setting. Residents have input on meals and activities in their community. It is a definitely a community intended to promote independence with helping hands when needed. Our community bridges the gap between not being able to stay at home alone and not needing the services of a nursing home.
We encourage you to tour our facility, learn more about us, and see the difference for yourself.

Please view our video at http://youtu.be/2x6KQS6411w