Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the stay my mother has been having so far at this community. She has been loving it and enjoying all of the great amenities they have to offer. She has been liking all of the nutritious meals as well as the activities with the other residents. We are very happy and would recommend this place to anyone .

I really liked the Arvada Estates. The place was kept up very well and had everything my mother would have needed. Everyone was very friendly. The thing my mother did not like was how far it was from where she was currently living.

A Happy Place

I am happy where I am. The staff and activities are enjoyable. I am happy with the meals they serve. I am happy with the overall experience.

A new home

I was not happy with the care from this community. I have found that the staff is caring and very friendly. They have a good variety of activities that are nice to participate in. I like that is very cleaned and maintained. I found this to be a good feeling for me to live in a community that I feel comfortable with and would recommend it here to other families.

My mother loves her new apartment. It took a bit of an adjustment for her but the staff was wonderful.,I especially have to thank [removed] for all of his hard work and is truly caring. He is an absolute asset to your community.

No Complaints !!

My loved one has really enjoyed his stay at this community. The housekeeping team has done a wonderful job at keeping my dads room cleaned as well as the bathroom. He really seems to be enjoying his meals and is kept busy throughout the day with the various activities they do. Overall I am pleased and have no complaints.

The staff is nice!!

They are changing management companies. Dad has a nice apartment. They just recovered the pool table. The place is lonely for a lot of the residents. They do not have a lot of activities going during the day. This community is in a convenient location. I would say this community may be more suited for a more independent resident.

MY Parents Community

My parents are staying at a nice community. The staff are doing a fine job providing care for my parents. The meals that are served seem to be good for my parents. The community is clean and kept up for residents and guests.

The staff have been excellent!!!

My in laws are doing well since moving into Arvada Estates. The staff have answered our questions and are very helpful. They like the food and they have a good variety to choose from. There are a lot of activities for the residents to enjoy. This community gets my recommendation.

I Can't Be Happier

My mom is very happy in her community. She has been getting along with everyone there. The staff are great people and they do a great job too. The facility is awesome. We are super, super happy with the level of care that is given here.

Great block party

I first went into Arvada estates quite awhile back, the environment there seemed cold. I was there today for their block party. There were live bands playing, an old car show, games for the residents and of coarse they did a bbq as well. As I was there I talked to a lot of the residents and they said they love being there and it's so much better then it's ever been. I give props to the director of the building with the changes that have been done to make it better. I will be refering a couple of my relatives there. What a great place for people to be. Nice job

A Place For Dad

Ben and the staff are very friendly and helpful with questions. We moved my dad in on a holiday weekend but were still able to get things set up and started for him. The food service is slow but delicious. It would be helpful if the transportation service ran a little later in the day but we are able to work around that. After a two week period my dad seems to be fitting in fine.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am so happy to hear that dad is fitting in well and staff is doing a great job. It does sound, however, like we can improve in some areas, so thank you for that. I wanted to let you know we are in the process of expanding van hours, as more residents are asking for the same service and I am very glad to hear that you all enjoy the food. The service, while it seems slow to some, does give our residents time to connect during the day and we do not want to rush those that appreciate the company. If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time. [removed], or by phone, [removed]. Kim Backes, Executive Director.

Wonderful place for a loved one

My mother moved in to Arvada Estates on Christmas day 2015. I was concerned that moving in on a holiday might be a problem, but the entire staff was extremely accommodating and welcoming and maintained that attitude during her entire stay. The facility is very clean and colorful. The hallways are wide with tall ceilings and plenty of light. The rooms are well maintained. The rooms facing the nicely landscaped courtyard have a good size balcony. The dining area is beautiful with a large fireplace and vaulted ceiling. I visited other facilities and most of them felt dark and cramped. Arvada Estates in contrast has a bright, roomy, open feel to it. I read in one of the other reviews that the food service was very slow, but I would argue that for most of the people in the facility this was the only time they were out of their apartment and it was a good opportunity to socialize with others at their table.

Friendly & Respectful Staff - SLOWWW Dining Room

Overall, the place is very good. It is really clean and the people treat the residents with respect and friendliness.

The problem is the dining room. The service is so slow, it is nearly impossible. It frequently takes a full HOUR to get your food! In speaking with the dining room supervisor and the front office, they acknowledge the problem, but offer no solutions. I am very frustrated for my father. I honestly don't know what to do. I don't want to stress my father by moving to a different place. I wish management would DO something instead of just blowing off the problem.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to express your appreciation for our community, as well as your concern with our dining room. There have been numerous changes to our hospitality services and while the response from our community has been very positive, it appears as though your father has not had the same experience. Our goal is to achieve an atmosphere that is warm and inviting with a standard of service that is second to none and it sounds like we have met some of these goals, but not all. I would like to speak with you and your father directly to further understand the frustrations. Please contact me, Kim Backes - Executive Director at [removed].

I am Very Happy Here

I am really happy with my move into Arvada Estates things are going good. I have settled in very nice and everybody here is really nice and helpful to me. Very nice looking community I've had no problems with the cleaning. I have made new friends who I really enjoy spending time with. When I have the time I do go in par take in the activities that they do offer. I would say to anyone thinking about moving here GO FOR IT ! It is a really good place to love.

We have not been there too long. So far the place is okay. We do not see any room for improvement as of now.

A Little Disappointed

I am a little disappointed. I think that they are extremely nice and helpful, however I think they are lacking in a lot of things. The food is terrible; it is cold and takes forever to serve. The maintenance could have better response time as well.

SLC Midwest

We are very disappointed to hear that the dining experience at Arvada Estates is not yet where we need it to be. We continue to strive on improving these services and have implemented many changes that will ensure the experience is up to our standards. I would very much like to talk with you regarding not only the dining program, but also any other concerns you may have about any of the services provided at our community. It is our goal to provide excellent customer service and I apologize for you feeling as though that we are not meeting our goals. Please contact Kim Backes at [removed] at your earliest convenience.

great facility

My dad has passed away but he loved it there when he was there.

Impressed

Just from the very beginning, the moment we walked in the door my mother was very impressed with the Arvada Estates. My loved ones are making a lot of friends over there and they are just doing really well.

Great for Grandma

I was looking for a place for my grandmother to move to and she immediately fell in love with Arvada Estates. She loves that they provide meals and that she no longer has to worry about grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning. She's eating better and feeling better as a result. Personally, I've been very impressed with the staff. They've proven themselves sensitive, caring, and very helpful. I'm very pleased to have my grandmother there and feel that she's surrounded by the caring support that she needs.

They Need More Workers

The only complaint I have is that we have to wait so long for our meals. I guess they don't have enough help. We do not have an Activities Director because the workers that are already here are getting burdened with too much work, so they quit. They need to hire more help for the activities.

very helpful

Everything with Arvada Estates has been excellent. The care staff and maintenance staff and everyone else there are all very helpful. My aunt says that the food is very good as well.

It was a very smooth transition to get her set up there. They have really been great.

I don't feel this is the right place for us due to the lack of outdoor space.

very pleased

I was very pleased with when I met with Dave. He was very good at answering questions and helping us make it a smooth transition. It has been a very good experience with Arvada Estates and I would highly recommend them.

Working out well so far!

I helped to place a friend here, and it looks like we found the right place! Everything has been going well here, and he appears to be happy and thriving. We're glad we found it, and it is definitely worth a look for others searching for senior care.

So far we are very pleased with Arvada Estates.

So far we are very pleased with Arvada Estates. It's a beautiful facility. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. We are pleased with the food, staffing, activities, everything is good. The only caveat to that is that the company that owns them sold, and the new company took over about a month ago, so far things have been smooth but we will see how that plays out.

We are happy with it.

We are happy with it. It's very clean and the staff is friendly. There haven't been any unsuspected charges. They are attentive and responsive. They have plenty of activities and the food is good. I don't have any complaints, and when I was first looking I just liked the overall atmosphere.

Nice place

Overall things are going well here. it is a nice clean place, and they treat everyone well.

probably sufficient but fee...

probably sufficient but feels like a cheap hotel. not for us.

Really nice

It was really nice for a long time. I think they’re having some issues right now, but they’re getting things sorted out. They offer a lot of activities. The main issue we have is the yearly rent increase. Not knowing is worrying. The food is okay.

I think they are a very good business.

It's pretty darn clean. The staff is friendly. I think they are a very good business. The food is great, the portions aren't very big, though. They are quick to respond if there is a need or a concern, and they do have lots of different activities. I can't really think of anything that needs to be improved or done better.

No assisted living if neede...

No assisted living if needed. Part of Holiday Co.

It was a nice community.

It was a nice community. They kept it clean, and the staff were friendly. They were good about responding to concerns or needs. I can't really comment on the activities, they didn't apply to our situation. They had activities, but I don't know about the variety or how good they were. The food was good. They had the whole package, that's why we chose them, location, price, cleanliness, friendliness, just all of it.

Disalution

After signing up as a resident, I was initionally very happy. However it soon became apparent that there were some deep seated problems that that surfaced, that made for some very unhappy residents, including myself. I can not in good conciense continue to feel the same as I did when I moved in. I am not sure that I will continue to live here

Holiday Retirement

Hi Dean. I'm sorry you've become unhappy with our community. Please know that you can reach out to our Resident Relations team at any time, and they will be happy to listen to your concerns and do what they can to remedy the situation.

Fabulous

Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The food was fresh and tasty. My father's one bedroom apt is spacious and cozy all at once. Very comfortable and quiet.

Also very nice, but noisy. Sounds ech...

Also very nice, but noisy. Sounds echoed is the open space. The apartments were oddly shaped, although very nice. It is much newer than the Meridian, but not better. The staff was friendly, & nice.

Beautiful property, residents well ca...

Beautiful property, residents well cared for, OK lunch, new, open, airy, good vibes.

Great location, square ft is small fo...

Great location, square ft is small for price. minimal closet space; small kitchens, no ovens (kitchenettes) Veterans benefit

Arvada Estates is situated in a quiet tree-lined neighborhood of historic Arvada Colorado, a suburb of Denver, the Mile High City. Arvada, the site of the first documented discovery of gold in the Rocky Mountain region and established in 1870, is nestled in the western foothills of the majestic Rockies. This friendly community is adjacent to Olde Town Arvada and is listed on the National Historic Register. Arvada Estates is a recently built community; therefore each well-appointed apartment makes it easy for each of our residents to create a distinctive and secure home. The location has easy access to excellent healthcare facilities, movie theaters and shopping, as well as several parks and open spaces. Additionally, the Arvada area boasts of exceptional cultural events and a variety of exciting places to visit. Come and discover your own gold at Arvada Estates and enjoy a beautiful lifestyle.

Your affordable rent includes:
•Three meals a day, chef prepared.
•Emergency response system monitored around the clock.
•Fun and enriching activities 7 days a week.
•Transportation to appointments and errands.
•Weekly housekeeping and linen service.
•On-Site complementary laundry facilities
•On-Site Beauty/Barber Salon.
•Billiard’s room, Library, TV Theater.
•Individually controlled heating & air conditioning in each apartment.
•Includes Cable TV & Utilities (except for telephone)
•Full time Maintenance services for the upkeep of each apartment.

Additional services available by private on-site professionals include:
•Bathing, Dressing,Transferring,Toileting,Personal Laundry Service, Wake-up Assistance, Bedtime Assistance, Escorts to meals, Mail pick-up and delivery, Medication reminders and/or Management, Day/Evening/Night time wellness checks and Continence assistance.
•Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy.
We have a variety of floor plans to choose from:
Studio Apartments - One Bedroom Apartments - Two Bedroom Apartments
We look forward to your visit and invite you to share a chef prepared meal during your tour of Arvada Estates.

Arvada Estates offers premium senior living at affordable prices. The beautiful community of Arvada, Colorado, makes it easy for anyone to feel at home. With a short drive to Denver, everyone will find something, from sports games to travel groups, to keep them interested.

City Information

Arvada, CO is filled with senior facilities, which makes the transition to gorgeous Colorado even easier. With the natural beauty surrounding the city, the lovely weather, and the senior-friendly atmosphere, no one will ever want to leave.

- Background: Once an important part of the 1800s gold rush, Arvada has become a prosperous city of nearly 118,000 people. As nearby Denver expands, Arvada keeps up by providing the best of suburban life.

- Walkability: Arvada has a walkability score of 66, meaning there are numerous areas with easily accessible trails and walkways for everyone to enjoy.

- Age: The median age in Arvada is 35.9 years old. Approximately 12.9% of the people living in Arvada are 65 years old and over.

- Senior facilities: There are numerous senior facilities in the Arvada area offering a full range of senior care. From assisted living centers to in-home nursing care, Arvada has everything a senior needs to live a fulfilling life.

- Weather: The weather in Arvada is amazing, with a yearly average high of 66 degrees Fahrenheit and ranging from 88 degrees Fahrenheit in July to 45 degrees Fahrenheit in January. Arvada also receives a relatively low 15.6 inches of rain per year.

- Veterans: Arvada is home to two Veterans of Foreign Wars offices, and the town celebrates these heroes with discounts at numerous restaurants and businesses.

Transportation

Seniors can easily get around Arvada and the surrounding areas. From picking a driver they like online to utilizing shuttle services available through the Arvada Estates, traveling is not an issue.

- Envoy: Seniors can make an account with Envoy and start searching for someone they trust to take them around town. Drivers from envoy will take seniors to any appointments they have or simply take them shopping or out on the town.

- Care.com: Care.com is another great resource for affordable rides for seniors. Anyone can make an account and find a person they trust to take them around town for anything they might need.

- Uber: Any senior can catch a ride with Uber simply by downloading the app onto their phone and requesting a ride.

Health and Safety

Arvada is as safe as it is beautiful. With crime rates lower than the state and national averages and hospitals and specialists trained to handle any medical situation, Arvada has it all.

- Hospitals: Arvada is home to Lutheran Medical Center, which is a high-rated institution servicing all sorts of medical issues. Arvada's proximity to Denver also means that numerous hospitals and specialists can be found just a short drive away.

- Crime: Arvada's crime rate falls below both the national average and the state average. In fact, Arvada is one of the safest areas in the greater Denver area, with particularly low and declining theft and murder rates.

Sports and Leisure

Arvada is home to golf courses designed to exhibit the natural beauty of the scenery surrounding them, making every round a stunning memory. In addition, the tennis courts and senior-friendly gyms mean every senior will find a way to stay active.

- Golf courses: There are four golf courses in Arvada, two of which are clubs that offer membership programs. Additionally, there are innumerable courses in the surrounding areas that will suit every golfer's needs.
- Tennis courts: There are a number of high school and public tennis courts available for senior use in Arvada. If someone is seeking more competitive play, tennis leagues in Arvada and Denver will challenge them.
- Gyms and recreation: Arvada is home to a number of great gyms that cater to senior users through targeted classes and specialized trainers. The Arvada Recreation Center also offers several senior-friendly classes and activities.

Shopping and Entertainment

Arvada has something for everyone, from great shopping opportunities to food choices from around the world. Arvada's proximity to Denver means that if one ever grows tired of the options in Arvada, endless opportunities exist just down the road.

- Retail: Arvada is home to shopping centers such as Arvada Plaza and Fairlanes Shop Center, where every senior will find the clothes they want from the outfitters they love. With Denver and Lakewood just down the road, more exotic options are only a short drive away.

- Groceries: Arvada is home to several King Scoopers, a Natural Grocers, a Sprouts Farmers Market, and more.

- Restaurants: Arvada boasts restaurants with food from around the world. With a strong presence of Italian and Asian cuisine, it's like taking an international trip without leaving your town. Additionally, all of the fast-casual dining options one would expect are available in Arvada. For even more options, the culinary scene in Denver is thriving and produces outstanding new offerings all the time.

- Movie theaters: Arvada is home to Elvis Cinemas Arvada 8, which showcases all of Hollywood's newest hits. There are also several movie theatres in the surrounding areas.

- Libraries: Arvada is home to the Arvada Library and the Jefferson County Public Library.

- Salons: Arvada is home to many amazing salons that regularly see senior clients. In fact, many offer senior discounts.

- Attractions: Arvada is home to several parks that offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains. There are also many amazing attractions in Denver, such as the Botanic Gardens or the Denver Zoo, which are sure to keep all seniors engaged and excited.

Religious Facilities

Arvada is supportive of people from all religions. As such, there are facilities here for people of all denominations.

- Facilities: Every major religion has a place of worship in Arvada. There are churches in town for all branches of Christianity, Mosques just down the road in Denver, and numerous options for people of all faiths.