Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Revised Review--Concerns about Basic Quality of Care

To revise a 5-star review that was posted in my name in April 2017, I have concerns now about the quality of care my mother is receiving. We are regularly noticing signs of inattentiveness and inconsistent or poor care practices. I was surprised to find an infected scab on her back and to have to draw the nursing staff's attention to it -- shouldn't this have been noticed when she was dressed or showered. This inattentiveness/lack of awareness is very concerning because our mother is unable to advocate for herself. She is entirely dependent on staff for her care and on us to advocate for her. Staff are not effective in responding to our repeated efforts to draw attention to basic care issues, such as receiving her pain medicine at the right time and putting on her support stockings correctly. The facilities are fine, the staff who work directly with our mother are friendly, and pricing is fine. Inadequate staffing may be a problem. We care a lot about the quality of basic care at this point. We wonder if Arden Courts can address its problems/ challenges in providing this so that we can rest assured our mother's basic needs are met.

I am very impressed with this community

I feel comfortable with my mom here, and the staff here are very good with the residents. My mom stays busy and involved with the activities and the food here is excellent. They have a nice courtyard that is secured so I know that she is safe.

Best care for family

I was very happy with the care at this community. the staff was outstanding in every way possible. We liked that this community is clean and a nice environment for him to enjoy. This community offers a good variety of healthy meals. Activities are available. We would highly recommend the great care and value to other families for the care of a loved one.

This is the best facility that I have experienced. My reason for four star is that there is always room for improvement.
1. The activities could be more tailored to residents especially on Sunday evenings.
2. Sometimes there seems to not be enough caregivers for the amount of work they do.
3. It would be nice to have snacks on Sunday evening between 2 pm and 4 pm, sometime before dinner.

Very good but must remind care givers specific needs of loved ones.
Would like to be here.

Sometimes short staff. According to some family members, I have always been pleased with my mother’s care. It is a loving environment. [Removed] “Wonderful” !!!

Very caring staff; an excellent activity staff that tries to meet the residents needs at their varying mental levels. Very good medical support with a well trained staff to meet the needs of those with dementia.

My loved one lives at Arden Courts and we couldn’t be happier. She is safe, well cared for and loved. Surrounded by caring people, other residents and fun activities. She is more social than she could ever be at home. I totally recommend Arden Courts for all.

My mother is very content living in this community. We are satisfied with the care she receives.

Outstanding facility. The care my dad gets is great! Keep up the good work.

Clean, odor- free, comfortable and active environment. A lot of natural light providing cheerful atmosphere. Excellent special events held regularly for residents and families. Staff is knowledgeable and attentive.

We are lucky my aunt can afford such good care!

This is a very clean and well-staffed community. The workers are friendly and attentive to the residents needs. There are a wide variety of activities to accommodate the many interests of the residents. My family has been satisfied with our choice for our mom. Our only complaint is with the billing errors.

My husband became a resident about 4 months ago and I have been very impressed from the beginning with the care and concern of the entire staff for all the residents.
I have been particularly impressed with [Removed], the executive director, who very gently helped me realize my husband needed to become a resident when I was having great difficulty making the decision.

I am so relieved to have my husband [Removed] at Arden Courts. He is safe, well cared for and involved in activities that he still can enjoy. The once monthly care-giver meetings, have created a strong support group for me and others who are traveling down this old road with our loved ones. [Removed] has been helpful and available.

Arden courts is a very caring environment for my mother. They have a lot of activities and music to help keep the residents engaged.

Wonderful caring staff. Appropriate and well – guided activities throughout the day for all levels of dementia, all areas of the residents’ life such as meals, laundry, personal care and medical attention are delivered in a caring, respectful manner.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

This is a well-maintained, caring, calm yet active Dementia facility. My mother spent 2 years there and received the highest care with loving, well-trained caregivers. The activity staff were energetic and fun and work hard to keep residents active. Management is strong, hands-on and caring while being flexible to the needs of each resident. They provide the appropriate level of care for those in mid-stage dementia to final stages of life. I have recommended Arden Courts to others and they agree with this assessment after placing their loved ones there as well.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Great care, although concerning that cost creep is a major concern. Facility is wonderful, team of caregivers are wonderful and attentive. Salon in Arden Court facility is pricey and overused without instructions given.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

A wonderful, caring community immensely supportive of residents and their families. Residents have freedom to walk everywhere in common areas. An excellent activities staff - a warm, creative and fun team. Well managed, clean and cheerful!

The most difficult decision of my life was to put my mother in a Memory Care facility. I toured 10 facilities in our tri-county area. As soon as I met the Directors and staff at Arden Courts, I knew this was the only place for my mother. The Director, nurses, and day assistants were WONDERFUL; to my mother as well as our family. It takes a special group of people to care for dementia patients - the staff at Arden Courts IS that special group!

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Arden Courts is an outstanding facility. Debra and Kathy are outstanding managers, and the three activity directors are so important to this facility. They create a gentle and friendly atmosphere. They have wonderful group activities and are also tuned into individual needs of the residents. The aides are friendly and very hard working. This is one area that is so important and often Aden Courts is understaffed. The aides can make more money at fast food restaurants! Something you need to consider. They are on the front line!

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

I feel so lucky to have chosen Arden Courts for my husband. I could not ask for better care. The facility is kept in tip top shape, and the staff is super friendly and attentive to both residents and their families. The program of activities is outstanding, varied, entertaining as well as educational. It is geared to bring out and exercise their mind.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

The care that my mom received at Arden Courts was exceptional. Everyone on the staff, from the Director to the custodian, knew my mom's name and greeted her. Arden Courts believes in keeping the residents active, and the variety of activities and entertainment contributed to her quality of life. I had the peace of mind that my mom was always safe and well cared for at Arden Courts.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

The staff is very caring and loving toward the residents. Residents are greeted and acknowledged by name from all staff members. Activity programs are very well done, with outside visits from musicians and local school kids.

The environment is very welcoming and appropriate for memory care residents. A wonderful place to entrust your loved one's care!

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

A very professional staff from the director too all employees serving the residents. The staff of three that plan a stimulating program of activities for the residents are superior. A happy, caring family.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Excellent value for the price. Caring and experienced staff. Many group activities. Residents are treated with respect.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

The building is cut into four areas with a small number of residents whose rooms are close. They eat together in a small dining room, and this helps them get to know each other and know their caregivers. The caregivers are wonderful, some are simply outstanding and caring people. The residents are kept busy. The activity director keeps the programs fresh and interesting, bringing exercise and stretching their brains as well as muscles. The front office is open for questions and is helpful anytime. The minute you walk into the building, everyone knows your name and is ready with a hug.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

What makes this community so great is that the staff interacts with the residents all the time. The residents do not sit in their rooms, because the staff escorts them to all the activities. Even when my mom was in pretty bad condition, instead of leaving her in bed lying by herself, they brought her into the community living room, with people around her and the TV on, so she wouldn't feel neglected and lonely. Also, they could watch her and talk to her this way. I don't think this would be the case in any other community that I know of.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Our father suffered from Dementia. We were asked to relocate him from an Assisted Living Facility to a more specialized care unit. After visits to numerous facilities in the metro Detroit area, we selected Arden Courts of Bingham Farms with no regrets.

Our 1st impressions were favorable and lasting. The facility was immaculate, there were no odors, the food appeared edible, and most importantly the staff appeared to be knowledgeable and caring. We noticed the staff addressed the residents by name and with respect. We questioned during the initial meeting why one resident was walking in his stocking feet - the reply was simple, "this is his home."

We decided to move dad to Arden and never regretted the decision. We found our 1st impressions were correct. The care and respect given to our father never wavered. Dad was a person and treated as such. As Dad's needs changed and his condition deteriorated, Arden adjusted the care accordingly. We were kept informed of his needs, and of any changes in his habits and temperament. Dad no longer recognized his family, but would tell us he "liked it here." Arden made every effort to customize Dad's care with the resources available. Dad's last days were spent in Hospice at Arden, where he felt comfortable and secure.

I was Dad's guardian and conservator, with the support of my brother & sister. Dad passed April 2014. We were fortunate to have him in the care of the Arden Court family. We have no regrets and strongly recommend Arden Court of Bingham Farms.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Outstanding care with grace! Great facility and staff. Wonderful activities department. They seem to take very good care of my loved one.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Excellent program, staff, and facility.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Overall the community is satisfying, except for this one thing: facility is Understaffed. Caregiver/resident ratio is too low. Need more capable, solid caregivers!

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

My mother has been living in this community for the past 5 months, and we are pleased with it in every way. She is 95 years old. The care is well-given in a positive and loving manner to all. The facility is welcoming, decorated in a lovely way to create a home-like environment. To the Executive Director and all of the members of the staff, we are appreciative!!

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

The care that my dad receives is outstanding. The staff, facility, and programs are the best and keep my dad engaged on a daily basis. I would highly recommend Arden Courts for Dementia care.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

My life is so much better now that I know my mom is well taken care of. She's 90 and has Dementia. They keep me informed and involved in her care. The caregivers are kind and compassionate. I couldn't as for anything better.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

I explored multiple (over 10) facilities before finally placing my mother at Arden Court Bingham Farms. This facility stood out from the beginning in their approach to memory care, the design of their facility and programs, and the training of their staff. They were incredibly helpful to me and my family from the first contact, and their wise guidance was invaluable. With their advice and support, my mother made a successful transition from home to memory care, and so did her children! I did not believe it possible that my mother would ever adjust but she has actually thrived in this setting. She is doing much better at Arden Court than she was with 24/hr help at home. She is more social, more engaged - happier! She has been there six months and I continue to be very satisfied with the facility and her care. The few minor concerns that have arisen - which happen in any adjustment period - were addressed promptly. The outstanding philosophy of care extends to families as well as residents, and staff are always responsive to my questions and concerns. The caregivers are involved and compassionate, and I am at peace knowing she is well cared for in a loving environment.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

My husband lived at Arden Courts for the last three months of his life. His Dementia left him with extreme agitation and very difficult behaviors. Everyone on the staff did their utmost to help and calm him. And they worked just as hard to help and calm me through the most difficult time in my life.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

This is a great community. The employees are fabulous - they are very "hands-on" and are committed to the safety, health, and comfort of each resident.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Mom was quite content and happy there. She enjoyed the people, the many activities, and the staff. She commended on numerous occasions "these girls would do anything for me." There were a few times when she was unhappy with response time when she had been toileted and left there alone too long. the nurses were wonderful except on one occasion when there was a miscommunication. Overall we felt her care was excellent.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Wonderful staff and clean facility. Everybody cared about my dad. I would highly recommend this facility.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Very nice memory care facility.

Review of Arden Courts of Bingham Farms - Bingham Farms, MI

Outstanding facility, professional loving care. My father spent his last 10 years at Arden Courts - we never worried at all about the quality of care that he received.

Arden Courts Alzheimer’s Assisted Living residences are specifically designed and built exclusively for persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias. Each person has a private room with half bath. Staffing is higher than industry standards and nurses on duty 12 hours each day dispense all medications. All staff is experienced in dementia care and must attend regular staff trainings provided by industry experts such as the Alzheimer’s Association.

Programming is Montessori-based and dedicated to providing an interesting and engaging activity for each person at their level of enjoyment while being moderately stimulating to enhance and retain memory. Programming at Arden Courts is available 9 hours a day, seven days a week for the residents.

Rates are all inclusive with no additional costs for increased levels of care. The only extras are beauty/barber shop visits, incontinent supplies and medications.