Baley's Residential Care Home #2 - Farmington Hills, MI

Wonderful facility

Baleys Care was wonderful. I had my aunt at Baleys for 2 1/2 years. I have no complaints.Everyone is very nice and professional from the owner down to the caretakers. I would recommend Baleys to anyone looking for a warm,loving, compassionate facility for their love one. My aunt love going outside. So the facility had an aid on staff to take aunt out 3x a week. On the other days mom enjoyed watching tv, reading and talking to the other patients. All the patients were very active. Baleys offer all different type of activities, however the stage that my aunt was in, just didn't participate, she had no interest. Baleys offer in house nurses, PT, and OT. The best part! My aunt was on a very strict budget, the owner worked around aunt budget plus paid co fees for her medications. Such a great staff

Very warm

My experience with Baleys was exceptional! The house was always clean and tidy when I visited my aunt. The aides are very nice and helpful plus know their patients very well! The staff at Baleys are very professional and work with care..

The review "Not a good place for Mom" was spot on and accurate. Add a non-working Air Conditioner unit to no dishwasher. I suggest you check the refrigerator, freezer and cupboards. Like Old Mother Hubbard, the cupboards are generally bare. No fresh fruit or vegetables to be found anywhere. Hot dogs and stew basically every meal. They post a menu that never changes with zero nutritional values or information. There are NO activities other than sitting in a wheel chair and watching TV. Prior to selecting this either of the Baley facilities you should check with the Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing located in Pontiac. They can certainly provide you with all the insight required to help you make the right decision.

Not a good place for mom

They are usually friendly at Baleys Residential Care, LLC. They will come in 5 times while I am there to ask does my mother need anything like I could not inform them of any needs. They spend ample time cleaning but they have no dishwasher and when they found out my mother was leaving my sister and I went there four separate times and found the floor wet with no aide in sight. Two times they said my semi-incontinent mother had spilled water which I or they cleaned up, one time they had just mopped, one time they couldn't deny the water that had seeped through the rug. In the last month there were usually wet clothes in my mother’s room that were removed after informing the aide. Value for price was non-existent. I told them my mother has congestive heart failure and most food they served was processed, formed pieces of meat that were obviously TV dinners. I had to ask them to not serve my mother hot-dogs and lunch meat. I gave them menu suggestions and recipes that they obviously ignored and were not able to locate when I asked for them. The edema in her legs caused them to swell so large she could not wear anything comfortably except flip-flops. My mother's moods changed back and forth dramatically over her four month stay so I cannot verify the veracity of the care she received. The only activities I saw anyone participate in were using coloring books. One woman in a wheelchair was in her room every day I went there after her first week. I saw how hard it was for her relative to get the wheelchair through her bedroom door. Because my mother feel twice on her last day there, this information relayed to me only by another resident, and other violations of the AFC regulations, I have reported Baleys to the Dept. of Human Services.

This was a wonderful home w...

This was a wonderful home with residents awake and moving about there were no rooms available at this time. Very close to home so perfect spot