Arbor Terrace Ortega - Jacksonville, FL

Care for a loved one

We toured this new community for care. This was expensive, but we did like the staff. and they offered a good and clean environment for the residents. The menu has a good variety and the activities would have been helpful for the residents who would be able to participate. We would suggest a tour for the care of a loved one

Best Decision we Could Have Made!

My family and I have been over the moon since we decided to make a change for my mother. She had been at a regular assisted living and even though they have a memory care area, we have only heard great things about this all memory care community. Even though some people don't see it right away, mom has early dementia and she knows. She was staying in her apartment all day to avoid people at her old assisted living. She was assessed by Arbor Terraces head nurse, Heidi who really took her time getting to know mom. She has moved into Bridges, which is for early dementia. Now that she has moved in and has met her new friends, she feels so much better about participating in all the activities. I know she is participating because they have this great app that is free and they send check ins and photos when mom is in activities. It is a great relief to know she is really involved and loving her new home. I also want to say that the place is so clean! It smells wonderful. That was a big turn off ant other places we checked out! Also mom raves about the food. I have been there during meals and the residents all seem to enjoy the food. I recommend this place highly.

I would not recommend this community

They have not done what they said they would once my loved one moved in. We have not had the best communication. The majority of the nurses are super. I have not seen any activities. The food I have seen looked good. The community is beautiful. They advised us they were a memory care only community, however there are some residents that seem to be more assisted living.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you have been having. Would you please contact our Executive Director so he can immediately address your concerns? Your feedback is very important to us and we want to resolve your issues as soon as we can. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

I'm in love with this place.!

This community and the staff is awesome. m They offer enough nurses for every resident. They really take the time to get to know the residents. They do not let the patients stay in there rooms all day. They try to get them out of the room to get involved with the community. The staff goes in to depth to find out what my loved one used to do and then they offer that activity. What I really liked was that they have there own garden where they grow there own food. They also offer gardening. This is the best community.

Better Then Most

Found that they made a lot of empty promises when I was researching the home that are not being up held now that I placed my Dad there.
Staff is very friendly, but I have found they socialize with one another too much leaving residents to fend for themselves.
Over all this was one of the better places I found.

It was beautiful, and we really liked it.

This is one of the places I toured when I was looking. It was beautiful, and we really liked it. We ended up making our final decision based on location. Everyone was helpful and friendly, but we chose somewhere that was closer and easier to get to.

Expensive but great

It's expensive but it's great. The staff is friendly. The facility is very clean. It has been a pretty good experience. I rate the Arbor Terrace Ortega 4 stars across the board. It's a nice place so far.

They have been doing very good.

They have been doing very good. The food is actually pretty good, but they don't follow up with me as quickly as we would like. If I call or email, nobody gets back to me and I have to call back.

This is a very clean and well maintained facility. The staff was very approachable and caring. The problem is it is a for profit facility,which the cost is roughly 5000.00 and up. They charge extra for everything. Diabetic meals,extra help with bathing,etc. Which means when her money ran out she would have to leave as they do not accept Medicaid or public assistance .

helpful, friendly, and nice

The meals there have always looked very bland when I have been there. For example, I was up there just yesterday on Christmas and rather than a Christmas dinner they just had chicken nuggets and sandwiches. The food is the main area in need of improvement.

Other than that it has been a pretty good experience. The people there are very helpful, friendly, and nice.

Very nice staff, but they need more!

Many times we have visited my father in law, and he has been walking around without his glasses. He needs his glasses. He is a fall risk. There have also been many instances where he was walking without his cane, and he should not have been. They need more helpers for the nurses.

Dad has a roommate. It was less money. He receives extra services that we pay for. It all adds up.

Excellent

It’s very good so far. They’re very clean. They’re very friendly. It’s working so well for my loved one. She’s getting everything that she needs. They seem to keep them active. I like it because they take so much interest in the individual. When I call with any questions about my loved one they are always right there to help with a smile on their face.

I was really worried about placing my mother – I didn’t want to do it, but I think it was one of the best thing I’ve done. She has her own room with her own furniture. They encourage you to keep a person’s belongings. So the pictures she’s used are there. It was very hard for me to do – but so far I’ve been very happy.

They also have a support group which I find really helpful.

Thoughtful and caring staff

My experience with Arbor Terrace has been a good one! It's a very nice looking place, the staff keep everything looking clean and well kept. I feel very comfortable knowing that my loved one is here, the staff are all very devoted to providing the best care possible, and I know she is getting the attention that she needs. It really is a good place, and definitely worth a look.

Help for my mother

My mother has Alzheimers-type dementia. This facility has proven to be professional, caring and has a staff very well trained in handling Alzheimers.

I really liked the courtyard, it's really nice, just beautiful.

This is a really nice community. I really liked the courtyard, it's really nice, just beautiful. They also had very reasonable pricing. I liked them a lot.

My sister and I visited our father an...

My sister and I visited our father and his wife shortly after they moved into Arbor Terrace. They had been living in an assisted living facility that no longer was enough care for them. When we arrived they were sitting around a table with other residents playing bingo. I was happily surprised to see them socializing with others since they had been very reclusive. The staff there is helpful, friendly and very professional. The facilities are perfectly suited for people suffering with memory issues. Everything is on one floor and centered around a "great room" where most the the activities take place. This room opens out to an enclosed outdoor area where there is no possibility of them wandering off or getting lost. I highly recommend Arbor Terrace to anyone looking for a memory care facility in the Jacksonville area.

Arbor Terrace of Ortega offers quality, state-of-the-art memory care residences in Florida's beautiful Jacksonville area.

As specialists in dementia and other memory care diseases we have dedicated programs that speak to the progression of dementia and help staff focus on what remains as a part of the disease process rather than what is lost. You will find comfortable, attractive residences coupled with engaging activities and events, giving you the peace of mind that we offer nothing but the best in care and quality of life.