Appleton Retirement Community - Appleton, WI

Appleton Retirement Community understands there is no place like your own home. Yet there may come a time when special care is needed that simply isn't available at home. When that occurs, there is no place like Appleton Retirement Community.

Our living options enable seniors to maintain their independence while feeling safe and secure in a home-like environment. These options include studios, one and two bedroom apartments. Independent and Assisted living services are available in all our apartments. Whichever option is best for you, we are certain you will feel at home.

Great, caring staff.

Mom's Happy Home

I like the care here for my mom. The staff are always nice and very caring to her needs. I like knowing that my mom is in a clean community that she enjoys. The menu of the meals have been very good and she is happy with the variety. I like knowing that she is active with the other residents in the activities that are offered. I would greatly recommend this community for great care and value.

Sara Fawcett

Thank you so much for the feedback. I shared your comments with our staff as we all take so much pride in what we do. It's our honor to care for these amazing seniors.

The Beginning

Everything is going well for my mom. It is a transition for her but she is comfortable. The staff are being helpful and helping her feel comfortable.

Sara Fawcett

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. We know it's a transition and want to make sure each resident is as happy and comfortable as possible. Our Administrative Assistant is a great starting point for any questions you have.

Nice Staff!!

The staff where very friendly to my loved one and I during our tour of this community. They had a clean facility that was nicely maintained for all of the residents as well as lots of great amenities available. It was just not the right fit for my father in the end decision, but I have no complaints about the experience.

Sara Fawcett

Glad you enjoyed your visit. We aim to please. We wish your father well with the situation he chose and are glad to remain and option for future should his needs and wants change. Best wishes!

My father's care

I like this community for the care of my father. The community is very clean and he is happy with the all of the staff who are very caring. He is really happy here and the activities are helping him stay active. It makes me happy knowing he is in good hands at this community. I highly recommend the care and the value to other families.

Sara Fawcett

Thank you for such kind words. We are so appreciative of the wonderful residents and their families we serve. ARC is our residents' home and we are guests serving here.

A great community!

The staff at this community are amazing. Mom likes the food and the daily activities keep her busy. They keep the community clean. We liked the size of the apartments as she has a lot of room. The community has a homey feeling to it and I would recommend it.

Comfort For Mom!

The Appleton Retirement community was good to my mother while she resided there. The place met her needs and was always clean. The only reason she is no longer there was because she needed a higher level of care, but overall the community was good.

Sara Fawcett

Thank you for the response. We are so glad for the feedback. It's an honor and a privilege to serve our seniors.

The most impressive assisted living community I have ever seen!!

I give this community 5 stars across the board. They have a chef on site and the food is good and made fresh. They have various daily activities including trips out that include lunch. I would recommend this community.

Sara Fawcett

Well thank you so very much for the compliments. We are thrilled we've met and exceeded your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with our staff.

It Is Good For Her

I am happy with the community that my mom lives at. She has many activities to join in. The facility is clean and I believe her room gets cleaned too. The meals are really good and enjoyable. The community is helpful and they have been very good to her.

Sara Fawcett

We are glad to offer housekeeping to all residents as they are often too busy to clean. We enjoy that they can truly retire and enjoy the wonderful activities and outings. We are always open to suggestions for new or different activities.

Very Happy Here

My husband and I really enjoy this community, we are very happy here. This is a very gentle and kind community. They are very attentive and always checking up on us. The community is beautiful and very clean, there is always someone cleaning. I love the food here, it is amazing and taste great. They are doing a good job caring for my husband and his needs. This place has really given me a peace of mind and I would highly recommend it.

I am very happy with it.

I am very happy with it. I spent the better part of about five months, looking at places and making a decision. I visited them four or five times during the course of that time. It was definitely the place I felt the most comfortable with. They were very helpful, and very friendly. They responded very quickly if I had questions, they called and emailed me. The move went very smoothly, and I think she is liking it there. She wants to be involved in the community and the activities. Generally the food is pretty good, there have been a couple of times where she has told me that it wasn't the greatest but it was okay. She always tells me she is eating too much. The menu sounds wonderful, and the day we ate there together it was good. They seem to be very accommodating.

Sara Fawcett

Food is very important to us. We appreciate each and every food comment. In addition to having a food comment box, our Dining Services Manager is glad to hear thoughts either right away or at our Monthly Food Committee meeting which is open to all residents and their families. For residents who are not able to make menu selections on their own, staff are available to help them go through their menus every two weeks. At times residents don't realize there are three choices at both the lunch and supper meals.

The Best!

After taking a tour of appleton retirement community, It was the perfect place for my father. The apartments are nice and spacious and the whole atmosphere of the place is fantastic! There are alot of activities,get togethers,bus rides etc. to keep one busy and have a good time! The food is very good and you also have more than one choice for lunch and dinner. I would definately recommend this place for your loved ones. I did.

Sara Fawcett

Thank you for such a nice compliment. We strive to please our residents. Meaningful activities and lots of choices are very important to meet the wishes of the many residents here. A monthly Food Committee provides our Dining Services Team with important insights in to what foods residents are enjoying, want more of, less of, etc. A recent survey of resident outing preferences revealed that many residents want to go to department stores to shop and that they enjoy outings to restaurants. We've incorporated both into our activity schedule.

Sara was very friendly and happy to answer any questions we had. I found the facility very clean and will keep it on my yes list.

Sara Fawcett

We are passionate about serving seniors. Whether ARC is the right environment for them or not we are always glad to take the time to answer questions and make sure families are armed with the proper information to explore the best options for their loved ones.

Nice home for Mom

Mom's been here just over a month. Food is great! Staff is caring, friendly & helpful! Lots of activities to keep residents active & interested.

Sara Fawcett

Please let us know if we can ever do anything else to make her experience here fantastic.

Relocating made easy

Everyone was helpful & did their best to accommodate our special requests! Refreshing. Apartment was clean when we moved in. Many varied activities & outings scheduled. Just what I was looking for to keep Mom interested & vital.

Sara Fawcett

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing.

Content

Mom is enjoying herself there. She has become more involved in activites than she has been for a long time.

She especially appreciates the Bible Class Pastor Balza has and also his monthly service.

Sara Fawcett

We are so glad to hear this. We have many very happy residents and really want to make their lives enriched every day. Thank you for sharing this.

Staff is cream of the crop

This place must pay their employees well because of all the places suggested by our advisor, this place clearly had the most professional staff...and they all treated dad as if he was there parent. Dad always felt like he was there most important resident. Cleanest and best maintained facility we visited. This place had the warmest atmosphere and on a very cold October day, I couldn't believe the warm inviting feeling I got as I drove onto the property. Inside that warmness is felt throughout the building. You will be treated like family themoment you enter. Of all the assisted living facilities in the Fox Valley, this one will impress you. You will find it very comforting to leave mom and/or dad in their care. They know how to do this right. Some might think their loved one might get lost in the shuffle because of the size of the facility, but let me say that your mom and dad will get just the right amount of attention that they need and they will almost always feel like they are the most important person in the place.

Sara Fawcett

We were very fortunate to be able to serve and care for your father. We enjoyed getting to know him and are so glad that he and your family were pleased.

Sara was very helpful and kind. Knew...

Sara was very helpful and kind. Knew residents we encountered. Her grandma lives in a 2 bd with a den and her mom also works there. Residents were involved in activities. Meal times are lengthy providing everyone time to eat at their leisure. Laundry is done by staff and is included. Housekeeping included. Takes Family Care.

Sara Fawcett

I am always glad to provide information to help families determine what the best option is for their loved one. If Appleton Retirement Community is not the best fit, I'm glad to help discuss what might be.

Very nice facility and staff. Locatio...

Very nice facility and staff. Location... downtown, may be an advantage or disadvantage.

Sara Fawcett

Thank you for the compliments. We are so proud of the compassion and care our staff provides. They are amazing.