Carolina Assisted Living in Appleton - Appleton, WI

Minor upkeep details are neglected

The only thing I really liked about the facility was the Marketing director and activities director. With everything else, I was not impressed at all. The rooms did not have central air. If you wanted to have air conditioning you would have to ask maintenance to put in a window AC. There was water damage on the roof and it was not in the greatest shape. It seemed like all of the minor details of upkeep were [Removed]. Also, in your room you only have a half bath. For the showers, you would have to go to the community showers which were not the cleanest. If you want your own bathroom, I would not recommend this facility.

Kevin Gille

Our rooms are equipped with an updated central HVAC system that regulates the entire community thereby eliminating the need for individual air conditioning units. We are also in the process of updating our fire sprinkler system so that might be what you are referring to with the roof. We provide large barrier free shower rooms throughout the community which allows for greater safety and ability to care for everyone. We are sorry that your impression was not favorable but do thank you for taking the time to come and visit with us.

Mom is Law is Enjoying Her Time at This Community

From the reports we get from my brother in law, my mother is doing well since her move to this community. She is enjoying her time at this community. Everything seems to be working in the right direction for us here at this community. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Kevin Gille

Thanks for taking a few moments to provide us with that kind review. The staff at Carolina enjoys seeing the smiles and good times being had by all our elders. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your extended family!

A special thank-you....

"Dear [Removed]...A special Thank-You to you & your staff for the the kind consideration that has been provided for my wife... My daughters, as well as grandchildren join me in this expression of gratitude. ....the additional attention, necessitating more time and patience that your staff willingly provides...does not go un-noticed.

I have worked in public health all my life; I am aware of the administrative & collaborative efforts in maintaining a well-run program to provide for the varying health issues. I commend you for your diligence.

Kevin Gille

Thanks Leonard! We truly value you and your entire family and love having your wife live with us. We appreciate the kind words and will continue to build upon our nurturing foundation. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful family members!

Unexpected visit....very pleased

[Removed]- this is a text I just received from my niece [Removed]- .....referring to Grandma on her latest visit to Carolina

"I came in today when the CNA had gramma in the bathroom. No one expected me and it was a full 5 minutes before the CNA had a clue I was here... I was beyond pleased with how sweet they were with her and how kind gentle and patient"

"Thank you, thank you for taking such good care of her- please find the CNA and thank her too."

Kevin Gille

Thank you for the nice words and kind review. We love having family come and visit their loved ones and feel honored to provide a loving and caring environment for our elders. Everyone is family at Carolina and we love having gramma live with us. Our CNA also would like to say thanks to you for taking time to post this review. Looking forward to many more visits with you!

not financial friendly

Our mom has been there for almost 2 years. When we first talked to them, we told them our mom's money will run out in almost 2 years. They told us that is not a problem they take in county aid residents. Well her money ran out and they told us they have no openings for county aid, they were at their limit and that we would have to pay the extra $1000.00 per month that the county doesn't pay. Needless to say we are moving her out. They got all her money and now she is no longer good enough for them. So beware, if you put your loved one there, get it in writing that they can stay after their money runs out.
The care she received was very good, room needs updating, Activity Directors are great. If you loved one has dimentia, not a place I would choose.

Kevin Gille

Carolina Assisted Living in under new ownership as of November 2015 through the guidance of Compass Senior Living. We are sorry for events that happened prior to our management. Rest assured, your loved one is welcomed at Carolina regardless of their financial situation. We will work together to make sure local resources are in place to ensure that your loved one continues to be part of the Carolina community.

Seems Pretty Good

I've been there twice. Once when my mother was there. Everything seems pretty nice. The staff seem pretty good. Whether my mother likes it doesn't count because she wants to come home. She admitted that she liked it there but everytime I call her she says she wants to go home. I think she's being well taken care of there.

When I was visiting her there was bingo going on and I guess there's some other things. I guess she goes out of her room and watches other people and gets some interaction but I don't know how much she participates in things.

Kevin Gille

Thanks Dal, Carolina Assisted living has Life Enrichment Programs that create an environment that supports the individual growth and creativity of each person. At Carolina, you are part of a community that enriches the mind, body and soul while having residents become part of a large family of friends. We are proud to be part of your mother's life.

Our contact did a very good job addre...

Our contact did a very good job addressing our concerns and needs for Mother. She new the system so to speak to help in financial assistance. The home showed very well. A recent state inspection of "ZERO" defects was quite impressive. The rooms were nice size, they had "TUB" facilities on site, Daily scheduled activities and a very impressive staff. They employe CNA's only and are capable of IV's if necessary to minimize future relocations. This Home would be considered for Mom.

Kevin Gille

Thank you for the nice words. At Carolina Assisted Living, we believe that elderhood is the crescendo of a lifetime. We have created an
environment that supports a person-centered, elder-directed environment, where we encourage each person to
be their very best self. Please feel free to contact us directly to schedule a time to come and visit!

very nice place and nice people. will...

very nice place and nice people. will be getting mom to check it out soon.

Kevin Gille

Thank you for the nice words. We hope to see you in our community real soon!

We are guided by goodness, loyalty, faith and fun. At Carolina it is easy to get to know others as you become part of a family of friends, sharing laughter and experiences that continue to strengthen community. You and your family members will have peace of mind
knowing that each person’s needs are met—physically, socially, spiritually, and emotionally. We are more than an assisted living community—we are family!