Apple Grove Alzheimer's & Adult Day Care - Memphis, TN

Regret.

I regret ever moving my dad into this place. The administration act like children. The nursing department is substandard at best. If your loved one has any medical problems outside of Alzheimer’s itself, or if there’s a likely chance they will develop medical problems in the future, do NOT send them here; send them to a highly vetted facility that will be able to accommodate their long term needs. Your loved one won’t even be treated for a simple UTI; they will be sent to the ER each and every time. The CNAs were also substandard; my family & I would ring the call bell & often waited 45 minutes or longer for help to arrive, so we took care of his needs in the end, even though we were paying a fortune for him to be properly taken care of. He was also rarely properly washed & dressed, and he was left in bed more often than not, instead of being allowed to sit in his wheelchair for meals, etc. After my dad had a major stroke & required nursing home care (after it was obvious, despite all their promises, that they could not care for his advanced needs), we packed his room & discovered half his clothes were missing, even though they were properly labeled. Finally, several weeks after my dad moved out, I received a call from a bill collector & discovered some bills were being sent to AG because he had to be picked up by ambulance so many times while there, and the companies just sent the bills to that physical address. But, not one person at AG thought to shoot me a text to let me know this. I texted the director, she said yes, he has mail, would you like us to send it you. Yes, please. Over a week later, still nothing. I end up going there & was handed - without apology, but rather with a shrug - a stack of 15 bills. I begged, please, let me know if you receive any more mail, and we will pick it up immediately; I only knew this was here because a collector called me. After I got home, I complained via text (the way we communicated) to the director & she ignored me. This was my ONE verbalized complaint to them, and it was after my dad had already moved out. My husband just called them today to see if any more mail was sent there, as he has passed away, and we need to be on top of whatever debt could be floating around. We were given ZERO condolences & were told that any mail they received for him was “returned to sender,” even though all they had to do was text, call, or email me. I don’t know how these companies will know where to send these bills now. All because I dared call them out on one OBVIOUS mistake. This is not how you treat a daughter who had been watching her father deteriorate during this initial mail debacle, and this is certainly not how you treat a grieving daughter & SIL, who was more like a son. This tells you everything you need to know about what you can expect. Btw, my dad much preferred the nursing home he moved to; he wasn’t able to articulate why, but even though it wasn’t as pretty, it was obvious he felt more comfortable there.

Beautiful Complex!!

The Apple Grove was such a beautiful community. The place was very clean and all of the staff were very nice. They seemed to pay very good attention to the residents. I noticed a lot of activities going on as well. The only reason we did not go with this community was simply because we could not afford it,

I Liked My Tour

This community could have been a suitable home. I thought the facility was clean. I did not see any activities or interaction. The tour guide answered all my questions.

My Grandmother Really Enjoys This Place

I am happy to hear my grandmother enjoying her time spent with this community. It's a very clean facility and the staff are so caring, helpful and attentive. She enjoys the craft time and likes being around people all day. She has made friends and so far she goes 3 days a week but wants to go everyday now! My grandmother says the food is very good, and that's a plus. It has been a great experience so far and I would recommend this place.

Very nice place

So far things have gone very well with Apple Grove. The staff is friendly and professional, and they are taking good care of my loved one. We are entirely satisfied.

Excellent option

The people and environment at Apple Grove are without a doubt head and shoulders above anything else we reviewed for our mother. The Apple family has provided a very warm and friendly facility that can be home for our aging parents.

Extremely pleased

Apple Grove is the perfect place for my Mom. Extremely pleased

liked the touch pads on the floor whi...

liked the touch pads on the floor which were available to alert staff when resident gets out of bed

Apple Grove stands out for a few reasons. One we are locally owned and operated. We are not managed by a corporation which is nice. Our owners are hands on and are here at least 3 times a week and they live locally. We have very low staff turnover due to being locally owned and operated. Our owner treats us all very well. Two, we have a daycare on site which doubles are activities throughout the day. We have a great activity program. Our food is awesome I have never heard anything about our food being bad, everyone loves the food here. Our staff to patient ratio is 7:1 until 11pm and then it would be 8:1.