Anchor Pointe - Saint Catharines, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

I had a great tour with [Removed]. Talked with residents, viewed apartments and he rest of the facilities. Very helpful.

[Removed] was not in that day but [Removed] adapted very quickly and took me around.

Very bright and welcoming atmosphere

When I first walked in, you could see it was a welcoming and bright atmosphere. We ultimately chose not to move my Mom in here because she wanted to stay closer to where she had lived throughout her life. The facility is lovely and the person that gave us the tour was very knowledgeable and helpful. They even took the time to follow up with me afterwards and asked if I had any other questions or needed any other assistance. I’ve already recommended it to others.

I wouldn't hesitate moving directly from my house to Anchor Pointe - if I was planning to sell my house!! :-)

Very Comfortable here

My father-in-law is doing very well here the staff has been great in helping him settle in, he is not much for activities but they do encourage him and there is a lot to choose from. He does like going to the dining area and enjoys the food. This is a very comfortable community and I would definitely recommend it.

Beautiful home, everything was amazing - one problem - very few 1 bedroom apartments with tubs, that is an essential for elderly parents

Outstanding Community

I am so very happy with the care from this community. The staff director is the best. I like how they were caring to answer the questions we needed.My mom's room is wonderful and very big and comfortable. This is like a resort for my mom. The menu the activities and the overall l living here is wonderful. We would recommend this community for other families for the best care and value.

Things are going terrible!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and he is not happy at all. The staff seem to be okay but they are not great at working on pleasing the residents needs. My dad has had many poor dinning room experiences where they never give him what he orders and when he receives the meals they are burnt or very poor quality. The thing that I am bothered most with is when he would complain to try and get it fixed they would give him lots of attitude. I also think it is odd that the housekeepers are also the waitresses, they just seemed very over worked and tired. With how things have gone my dad has decided to remove himself from this place and would not recommend it to anyone.

Pleasant Environment

Mom has been in and out of the hospital so she hasn't spent much time here but the time that she has she loves it here. In fact, over the weekend we took some of the family to see the place and the whole family is extremely pleased and happy with it.
The site is well maintained and cared for. The staff is very nice and helpful.
They offer movies as one of the activities.
Mom doesn't eat a lot but when she does she loves the food. I would highly recommend them.

Life is good!

My mom is settling in well at this community. It is beautiful and well-maintained. The staff is very helpful and caring. They respond quickly to any questions or concerns. I have dined with mom at the community and they offer excellent choices and provide well-balanced meals. There are many activities to choose from. My mom really enjoys the walking club, where she can socialize and exercise at the same time She likes having her own private apartment. They provide 27/7 snacks of coffee, cakes, and sandwiches. There are numerous events and tours, such as wine tours. They have Canada day where they celebrate with a BBQ and socializing. They provide transportation for shopping, banking, and Dr. appointments on scheduled days. Only thing she has to do is breath and enjoy life.

Mom's Home for comfort

I like the care that my mom is getting from the great staff. The community is clean and maintained. We like the environment. The menu is good. They have activities that are offered to my mom. This is an environment that families would really like. We would recommend that families tour this community for the good care and value that is offered for the care of a loved one.

Very friendly and helpful staff! Made our mom very welcome!

A good place. Very clean and airy. The one bedrooms are good sizes and the balcony is a plus. The cost is not over the top and affordable!

My daughter and I toured Anchor Point. and had lunch. We were both impressed by the facility , staff, activities etc. We liked that the chef came and spoke to us and answered questions at length. The ratings would be excellent but unfortunately I find it a bit pricy at this time

Danielle was excellent. She was very welcoming, friendly, informative and appeared to know every resident in the building. She had made arrangements for one of the residents to join our tour to talk to us about her personal experiences in the home and to allow us to ask questions. You could tell that she loves her job.

Review of Anchor Pointe-Saint Catharines, On

Beautiful . Price was a bit on the high side. Grounds lovely. I got the feeling most residents here were very independent and active. Seemed very spread out, would be a long walk for my mom from room to dining room, so not our first choice

Review of Anchor Pointe Saint-Catharines, On

Beautiful . Price was a bit on the high side. Grounds lovely. I got the feeling most residents here were very independent and active. Seemed very spread out, would be a long walk for my mom from room to dining room , so not our first choice

Was not invited for lunch, found the rep very pushy more concerned about me committing than listening to my needs. Information given wasn't consistent, leaving me not to trust her.

Since I don't actually live there it's hard to review with accuracy but from an outside point of view Anchor Pointe offers a very pleasing environment and amenities. Compared to others I have seen it is good value.

Mom loves it.

Mom loves it. It was the first place we looked at, and we signed up that day. It was nice and she likes it. When we first got there the food was fabulous, there was a decline after a while, but it's picking up now. They offer plenty of activities and entertainment. I can phone down there at any time, and if I ask something they are right on top of it.

Situated in the beautiful city of St. Catharines, Ontario – in the heart of the region’s wine country – Anchor Pointe offers elegant retirement community living convenient to shops, restaurants and local attractions. Visit Château des Charmes, Strewn Winery, St. Catharines Museum or the famous Niagara Falls. With a friendly, professional staff at your service 24 hours a day, the good company of interesting neighbours, and so many things to see and do, you’ll feel right at home.

Atria Retirement Canada communities are designed for people like you: active seniors who are ready to trade the responsibilities of maintaining a home for a simplified lifestyle – a lifestyle that allows more time for friends, family and of course, fun. Leave the cooking, cleaning and chores to us. At Atria Retirement Canada, every day is yours to spend however you’d like.