Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Review of Amica At Oakville, Oakville, ON

Generally speaking my grandmother has been treated well at Amica, nice people, decent food, etc. However the cost is very high and that leads me to score it a bit lower because for that price I expect greater value than what we perceive. Again, there are no complaints about the care, but it does not seem to align with the cost.

Not recommended

I would not recommend - I didn't think the management was really on top of what was going on. They didn't even give my loved one a medical exam, or really even seem to know they were there. The room wasn't nice. The cleaning staff were wonderful, as were the daily workers, and [Removed] was wonderful. The support staff really didn't seemed like they wanted to be there, you could just feel it.

Amica is lovely, but it may be a bit too 'fancy for her. Also, they do not have CC on their television and movies. This is essential.

Amica is the Ritz of retirement care for those lucky enough to afford it.

Although the placement was not for me, (I called on behalf of my son for his father) - I have nothing but praise for A place for Mum, and was pleasantly surprised by Amica which I knew would suit my ex-husband to a tee. I am also in the process of doing some research for myself - although hopefully not needed for a few years, and have received the same help from A place for Mum that I have come to expect. It is a wonderful organisation with thoughtful, professional advice and I hope you continue to increase the number of facilities that use you. Amica itself seems perfect for the time being, although ultimately he will probably need more care than they can provide, but it was the one he chose, which preserved a sense of empowerment.