Amica at City Centre - Mississauga, ON

Amica at City Centre - Mississauga, ON has yet not published prices.

Really nice- 40% male only small units available; a little formal

A new lease on life at Amica

My mom has been at Amica City Centre now for about 6 months. The experience has been wonderful from the getgo. The important things that were unsatisfactory in the previous community were the food and the abilities of the residents. At Amica, although my mother is fussy, she finds the food very good. The residents at this facility are from various backgrounds, and have various limitations. She gets very good care, and the people who work at Amica are friendly, efficient and very helpful. There are no issues that my mom has outstanding. Her suite is bright, and has lots of storage. We are thrilled our mom is now at Amica. The only concern I would have is that there are some things not included in the rent, and it would have been easier for us if we had a list of what was not included. (ie toilet paper, towels, wash cloths, shower curtain and bath mat.)

Grateful to and for Amica

Amica At City Centre is a beautiful facility with wonderful staff who go that all-important "extra mile". Very genuine, caring people. Well-organized and capable.

The food is well-balanced, tasty, fresh, and beautifully presented in very nice dining facilities, with a choice of earlier to later mealtimes.

The units are spacious, clean, modern, airy, bright. Really very nice.

The activities are varied and include exercise classes, swimming, various games, movies to watch in a theatre-like setting, shopping outings and other, recreational outings too. Although, my mother most enjoys her own unaccompanied, solo outings to various shops in Square One and some other nearby destinations.

The residents at Amica are treated with real care and respect. The staff pays attention to individualized instructions from family and caretakers, and they are generally very good at implementing those instructions. Often, they even offer very good ideas and/or advice too in this regard.

My 83 year old mother is settling in nicely thanks to all of the above. Even though English is not her first language and she sometimes unknowingly reverts to her native tongue, somehow Amica's wonderful staff has been able to patiently communicate with her and tend to her needs and requests.

My mother, who tends to be shy and not very social, due to her language issues, bad eyesight, and a host of other reasons, seems to have already made at least one good friend there, of whom she is already very fond.

My mother and I are both very pleased with Amica and happy to have found them with the helpful guidance of A Place For Mom. Thank you APFM, thank you Amica!

Choose your room location carefully

It is run like a five star hotel and the staff is extraordinary. Food is amazing and activities are there for the taking. The one negative is that the location is not serene. The room my mother is in is extremely noisy facing west on a very busy street and looks into a office tower. Her room is at the very end of the hall also, which is quite a walk at her ripe old age.

The rooms facing west leave a little to be desired. I would suggest an east or north location.

If this is a review on the advisor Lynn [removed]. I think she is amazing! I was so very glad to have her input to assist with the move that my inlaws made in January 2016
If this review is for Amica at City Centre and it refers to Ann [removed] she so deserves the position of Amazing! She was very instrumental in making my inlaws feel so very welcome and making their transition from their home of over 60 years to their new accommodation at Amica a smooth pleasure.

Amica Senior Lifestyles is setting a new standard for senior living in Canada by combining unparalleled premium hospitality and amenities with expert care and support to deliver a personalized senior living experience. Committed to enriching the lives of seniors now and as their needs change, Amica offers independent living, assisted living and memory care lifestyle options. Established in 1996, the company owns and operates 29 residences in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, with plans to continue expansion in select markets. To learn more visit: amica.ca