|Room Type||Monthly Range* (CAD)|
$ #,### - #,###
Get Pricing >
$ #,### - #,###
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
Really nice- 40% male only small units available; a little formal
A new lease on life at Amica
My mom has been at Amica City Centre now for about 6 months. The experience has been wonderful from the getgo. The important things that were unsatisfactory in the previous community were the food and the abilities of the residents. At Amica, although my mother is fussy, she finds the food very good. The residents at this facility are from various backgrounds, and have various limitations. She gets very good care, and the people who work at Amica are friendly, efficient and very helpful. There are no issues that my mom has outstanding. Her suite is bright, and has lots of storage. We are thrilled our mom is now at Amica. The only concern I would have is that there are some things not included in the rent, and it would have been easier for us if we had a list of what was not included. (ie toilet paper, towels, wash cloths, shower curtain and bath mat.)
Grateful to and for Amica
Amica At City Centre is a beautiful facility with wonderful staff who go that all-important "extra mile". Very genuine, caring people. Well-organized and capable.
The food is well-balanced, tasty, fresh, and beautifully presented in very nice dining facilities, with a choice of earlier to later mealtimes.
The units are spacious, clean, modern, airy, bright. Really very nice.
The activities are varied and include exercise classes, swimming, various games, movies to watch in a theatre-like setting, shopping outings and other, recreational outings too. Although, my mother most enjoys her own unaccompanied, solo outings to various shops in Square One and some other nearby destinations.
The residents at Amica are treated with real care and respect. The staff pays attention to individualized instructions from family and caretakers, and they are generally very good at implementing those instructions. Often, they even offer very good ideas and/or advice too in this regard.
My 83 year old mother is settling in nicely thanks to all of the above. Even though English is not her first language and she sometimes unknowingly reverts to her native tongue, somehow Amica's wonderful staff has been able to patiently communicate with her and tend to her needs and requests.
My mother, who tends to be shy and not very social, due to her language issues, bad eyesight, and a host of other reasons, seems to have already made at least one good friend there, of whom she is already very fond.
My mother and I are both very pleased with Amica and happy to have found them with the helpful guidance of A Place For Mom. Thank you APFM, thank you Amica!
Choose your room location carefully
It is run like a five star hotel and the staff is extraordinary. Food is amazing and activities are there for the taking. The one negative is that the location is not serene. The room my mother is in is extremely noisy facing west on a very busy street and looks into a office tower. Her room is at the very end of the hall also, which is quite a walk at her ripe old age.
The rooms facing west leave a little to be desired. I would suggest an east or north location.
Was this review helpful? 6
If this is a review on the advisor Lynn [removed]. I think she is amazing! I was so very glad to have her input to assist with the move that my inlaws made in January 2016
If this review is for Amica at City Centre and it refers to Ann [removed] she so deserves the position of Amazing! She was very instrumental in making my inlaws feel so very welcome and making their transition from their home of over 60 years to their new accommodation at Amica a smooth pleasure.
Was this review helpful? 5
Unique to Amica Mature Lifestyles and available in all our Wellness & Vitality™ residences across Canada are our specially designed Wellness & Vitality™ fitness centres and personalized strength building MPower™ program designed to maintain physical independence and personal dignity.
Amica at City Centre offers a selection of suite sizes and styles including studio, alcove, one- bedroom and one-bedroom + den or two- bedrooms suites. All private independent suites are equipped with a kitchenette, bar fridge and microwave, walk-in shower and balcony.
Covering 292.40 square kilometers, Mississauga is one of Canada's larger cities. It has a population density of 2,439.9 persons per square kilometer. The weather in Mississauga is decent. Although the winters are cold, the summer months are warm and dry. Residents can expect to see partly cloudy weather throughout the year. There are plenty of senior housing facilities and veteran's facilities available.
- Walkability score: With a walk score of 59. Mississauga is the 4th most walkable city in Canada. Most errands can be accomplished on foot.
- Average age in the zip: In 2011, there was a population of 713,443 in the city. Residents had a median age of 38.5.
- Number of senior housing facilities in the zip: There are over five senior housing facilities in MIssissauga, many of which offer assisted living services and memory care services. Rates start from approximately $1,750 and go up to $6,688 per month.
- Average weather info: There are 3.6 months of the warm season and 3.4 months of the cold season. Throughout the year, daily temperatures range between 17 degrees Fahrenheit and 79 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature rarely drops below 1 degree Fahrenheit and rarely exceeds 87 degrees Fahrenheit. Residents can expect the weather to be partly cloudy most of the time.
- Veteran's facilities in the area: Veteran's can seek support from a variety of facilities. The most common one is Veteran's Affairs Canada.
Getting to and from various places is simple and easy in Mississauga. There are plenty of bus routes and trains offered to the public. Seniors are also entitled to discount fares and other deals when traveling by public transit. When public transit is not running or when traveling to more remote areas, hail or book a taxi easily. There are also ride-sharing services in the city.
- Buses: MiWay runs all of the bus routes in the city. Seniors are offered discount rates when purchasing a PRESTO monthly pass or individual tickets. Seniors also enjoy a discounted rate of $1 per trip when traveling between 9:30 am and 3:30 pm or after 7:00 pm on weekdays. The $1 discount rate is also valid all-day on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Trains: GOTrain operates all of the train stations in the city. The trains connect Mississauga to many other Canadian cities.
- Taxis: Popular taxi companies include Blue and White Taxi, Mississauga Taxi and Black Taxi.
- Ride shares: Uber operates in this city. There is also some independent smaller ride-sharing companies available. While residents can book a ride on their phone with Uber, these other companies may require residents to call in or book online ahead of time.
Health and Safety
Mississauga is quite a safe city, and the crime rate is below the rate for many other densely populated Canadian cities. The city has plenty of hospitals and medical centers available to cater to residents.
- Hospitals in the area: There are quite a few hospitals in the city. Popular medical facilities include Mississauga Hospital, Credit Valley Hospital, and Reflex Medical Center. There are also numerous specialized medical facilities available.
- Crime rate in the zip: In 2014, the crime rate in MIssissauga was 2,316 incidents per 100,000 people.
Sports and leisure
Staying fit and healthy is a piece of cake in Mississauga. There are plenty of recreational facilities, like golf courses, tennis courts, and gyms, for those who intend on staying active and exercising. It's easy to join an exercise group or to play golf or tennis with a bunch of friends.
- Golf courses nearby: Play golf at one of the many golf courses in the city. Popular courses include the BraeBen Golf Course, the Lakeview Golf Course, the Derrydale Golf Course, the Toronto Golf Club and the Credit Valley Golf and Country Club. Most of these golf courses offer 18-hole and 9-hole courses. They also have senior discount programs and rates.
- Tennis courts/clubs nearby: Stay active by playing tennis at one of the many tennis courts that the city has to offer. Popular courts can be found at the Ontario Racquet Club, the Tennis School, the Malton Tennis Club, the Applewood Tennis Club and the Erin Mill Tennis Club. Book courts to play with friends or practice and play against team members.
- Gyms nearby - senior friendly (aerobics): Find plenty of senior-friendly exercise classes at gyms like Life Time Athletic, World Gym, and Anytime Fitness.
Shopping and entertainment
Never worry about being bored when living in MIssissauga. The city offers an array of unique activities. There are plenty of shopping malls, grocery stores, restaurants, movie theaters and libraries. Mississauga has an excellent art gallery that features many prominent artists throughout the year. There are also plenty of parks and conservation areas to stroll through.
- Clothes Shopping nearby: Find fashionable clothing at Square One Shopping Center, Erin Mills Town Center, Dixie Outlet Mall and Westwood Square. There's also the Mississauga Chinese Center.
- Grocery stores: Buy fresh produce at Whole Foods Market, Highland Farms, and Oceans Fresh Food Market. For Oriental groceries, check out the stores at the Mississauga Chinese Center.
- Other restaurants: Choose from a wide selection of wine and beers at the Union Social Eatery, and try classic Italian dishes at Michael's Back Door Restaurant. Grab a bite of comfort food at Peter's on Englinton and spice up meals with some Thai cuisine at the Twin Fish.
- Movie theaters: Watch newly-released Hollywood movies while eating popcorn at various branches of Cineplex Cinemas. CineStarz is also a great place to go for a quiet movie date night.
- Libraries: Borrow books at the Central Library, the Mississauga Valley Library, the Courtney Park Library or the Port Credit Library. These libraries also often host reading groups for seniors.
- Attractions: Spend an afternoon looking at beautiful art pieces and paintings at the Art Gallery of MIssissauga. Take a stroll in the Meadowvale Conservation Area or even spend some time fishing there. Host picnics and other outdoor recreational activities at Erindale Park or Lakefront Promenade Park.
Find a place of worship for one's religion at many places in the city. Mississauga accommodates a number of religions.
- Religious facilities nearby: Go to church at the Logos Christian Family Church, Saint Patrick's Church, Mississauga City Baptist Church, St. Maximilian Kolbe Church or St. Catherine of Siena. Pray at Fo Guang Shan Temple, Sri Siva Hindu Temple of Canada or the Hindu Heritage Center.