Amerisist of Warrenton - Warrenton, VA

If care is your top priority, you should look into this place.

Between my mother-in-law and my own mother I have been to 6 assisted living places and I can say this one has been the best! This is the first facility that I have been to, which is actually investing in hiring more staff to take care of the residents. Yes, the place looks dated and needs a brush up. However, I would rather for them to spend money on care, as they are doing now, versus spending it on making the place look pretty. They not only check up on the residents regularly, but make sure that you as a visitor is taken care of as well. They make you feel you are part of a big family. [Removed], the manager is there at all hours and makes sure everything is running smoothly and Alverna the marketing director is just AMAZING!!! She does whatever that needs to be done and then some, and is like the energizer bunny. I don't think I have ever seen her to take a rest.

Great job!

The staff is doing okay I guess. We do not like the food so we eat what we have. We do like that they do provide transportation for the residents to go to the doctors appointments. The community is clean, but I feel they could do a better job.

Be Careful and Look Around

I have to say that when I first walked in and met the staff I was blown away. Everyone seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. The management even explained how I could save care cost which was a blessing for us! As a way to save in care, my loved one was quickly recommended for hospice care. I was shocked that this was brought up on our first meeting but figured they were the experts.

When my loved one moved in, he/she immediately started a rapid decline. I felt that medication was pushed instead of good old fashioned care. I am very sad to say that my loved one died shortly after coming to what seemed to be a nice place.

After meeting and talking to other families and staff, I discovered that they are many people on hospice and they have experienced many deaths. I understand that is going to happen, but question if my loved one's interests were truly being considered.

Looking back, I wish I would not have made my decision based on cost or lack there of.

Did not have a good experience

Our experience with Amerisist of Warrenton was not a good one. I just didn't feel like my loved one was getting the appropriate level of attention here. She fell multiple times within a few weeks. Based on our experience I cannot recommend them to anyone.

An unexpected blessing

Time had come when we knew that no one in the family could meet all the caring needs for mom's deteriorating physical, mental, and emotional condition. With much needed help and guidance, we feel blessed that we were directed to the Amerisist in Warrenton. First impressions are always most important; from the immediate follow-up call to confirm the on-site tour to driving up to an attractive building, serene setting, and being greeted by a warm smile. There was genuine concern for how our family could get through this process, which was the most difficult event we have ever faced. Every question was answered with no hesitation and each answer made us feel we were in the right place. Mom is settling in now. Each staff member has been so pleasant and obviously competent in their job. We have witnessed that her needs are all met, she is socializing more now than the past several months, eating better, and has more opportunity for physical activity. As of this time, we have had a great experience with a difficult situation. We call it a blessing.

Very informative; pleasant ...

Very informative; pleasant facility and staff. We were impressed with the accommodations and activities offered.

Very nice facility, nice staff, excel...

Very nice facility, nice staff, excellent location. Only issue is cost and available funds. Still need to complete VA Benefits application. Plenty of room, nice resident's rooms, dining room, sitting rooms.

Assisted living is the preferred lifestyle for those seniors who want to remain independent, yet need some assistance from time to time. At Amerisist, we provide the services that allow you to enjoy life with peace of mind and ease of living.

Amerisist is an assisted living residence that provides quality carefree living for today's seniors. With a strong commitment to maintaining an enchanced quality of life, Amerisist is designed with the needs and preferences of the independent senior in mind. Every Amerisist residence is designed to provide all the comfort and warmth of home. Amerisist is a place where respect, caring and friendship are the qualities of daily life.