Arbor Terrace Sudley Manor - Manassas, VA

Arbor Terrace Sudley Manor, a legacy of world-class senior living in Manassas, Virginia for seniors with high expectations for the next chapter in life, we extend a wholehearted welcome. Like a charming bed-and-breakfast designed with you in mind, Arbor Terrace combines elegantly inviting spaces and state-of-the-art personalized care. And that includes industry-leading expertise in memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia. Simply put, we take the time to listen to you, resulting in the right care at the right time.

Beautiful facility, nice amenities, good food. We loved the campus and the levels of care to age in place
Far from Daughter, far from current friends

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us. We are sorry to hear that our location is far from family and friends.

Beautiful facility, nice amenities, good food
Far from Daughter, far from current friends

Very attractive, a little too austere. Not many residents out in the common areas during the early afternoon. Clean, pleasant staff, pleasant few residents we encountered. Very small residents rooms.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. We invite you to come back to visit our community so you can see the many activities we typically offer our residents. There are definitely times throughout the day when our residents are resting.
If there is anything we can do in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.
Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

So far, so good...

I have not been to Arbor Terrace personally, but my 3 brothers thought it would be the best fit for our father. From what I have heard, he is doing very well and it has been a very good for him. He is happy with his apartment, the food, and the environment. I will be hopefully visiting him soon.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is extremely important to us. We are delighted to hear your father is doing well. If there is anything we can improve on in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Liked the people and facility a lot, especially that it was smaller and recently renovated.

Staff is great

My mom was in the memory care unit and my father in assisted living. I can't say enough good things about the staff. They are truly wonderful and care about the residents. The facility just got a huge facelift and looks much more contemporary and warm. My father never participated in activities and somehow they got him involved!

excellent

Arbor Terrace Sudley Manor has been excellent. We have been very happy with this facility. Dad who doesn't participate in activities, has participated in the activities here. The staff have been very responsive, any time I need anything they get back with me very quick. I am really pleased with this facility.

Felt and smelt like a nursing home.

Caring staff, and happy residents!

They've done a great job here so far! It's a very nice looking, clean community, and both the staff and the residents seem happy to be here! They take great care of their residents, and the whole place just has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Nice place, overall

Things have gone well with Arbor Terrace overall! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly! They also do a good job with the food, I'd rate it 4 on the 5 star scale. One thing I think they could work on it tightening up the internal communications between their staff. Sometimes instructions you give them don't get passed along between shifts, so you have to stay on top of things.

We Loved Her Dearly!

Compared to the two other places: Manassas Health and
Rehab and Burke Health and rehab Sudley was great. My
biggest concern was their lack of concern with my Mothers'
falling and the lack of any answers after she fell and broke
her hip. She made it through surgery and after being moved
to Burke Health and rehab were the lack of care ended with
her having 7 compression wounds and a trip to Faifax INOVA Hospital were they took pictures and said we did not to send
her back so we asked Sudley to take her back as we were still paying for her room through all this and they turned us down
saying she required more care than they could provide! There were patients in the Memory Care in worse shape than Mom. We turned to them after they said once Mom was a resident they would always take care of her no matter what. We were heartbroken!!! Mom died 2/10/2014 at PW Hospital in Manassas,Va. four months after she left Sudley. My sister and I were with Mom every day no matter were she was and you learn FAMILY
must be there to protect them or they are at the mercy
of those caretakers. We had no idea that Memory Care
places were so in need of caring loving people that see
this as a calling! There is so much more to Mom's story
we loved her dearly. Thanks for caring.

Awesome Home for my Dad

I would recommend the Sudley Manor House to anyone and everyone looking for a special place for their parent.
My father had amazing care.

Did not like facility at al...

Did not like facility at all. Smelled like urine and no one looked happy. Facility was uninviting.

Nice new home

Overall I am pleased with SMH. The facility is beautiful and the food is great! My mother has only been there for a week, and I still don't have a clear picture of her care routine. Mother doesn't remember much about the caregivers. The head nurse is very professional, though, and I think everything will prove to be good. The fees are very reasonable and I like not being nickel and dimed as number of meds administered increases. I do wish that the activities provided more intellectual stimulation. Most, but not all, are game oriented--no discussion groups, book clubs, etc.

Liked this one very much. ...

Liked this one very much. No openings at this time

Seemed like a nice place but no memory guard

It was a very nice place, very friendly staff, they did not have the wander guard system so we ruled them out. It seemed like a good place but it did not have the security systems in place that we were looking for.

Great Care, Great People

I'm not pleased with the laundry service because a lot of my mom's clothes are missing and they don't hang them up. We talked to them about it and I'm sure it will get taken care of. I'm very happy with the care aids though.

They're just gone beyond. They did a big thing for mom's birthday. They provided a cake and everything and we invited friends and family. It's been a good experience. She's being very well taken care of.

LOTS of activities

It's going fine, the only thing I've had issues with is a little bit of mis communication as far as medicine is concerned, but it's okay. Basically I figured out that they aren't giving her certain medicine or they were giving her one too many times a day, but basically I figured it out. I don't like that I can't do her medication for her, I feel like I don't have any control over that.
It's very clean, it smells good, it's fine. They have activities all the time. They're constantly going on trips, little day outings and bingo and crafts, she's always got something to do. I feel she's getitng more and has more to do, her room's not as big but you have to take the good with the bad. So she has more to do, but less space and this was the most reasonably priced in the area when I was looking.

Highly recommended by others but no availability

It came highly recommended by personal freinds, it was also very nice. They did not have any availability at the time so that's why I didn't spend too much time there. I got the tour, it was very nice, much smaller than Potomac place, they had lots of activities, it was the closest to my home and that would have been very nice. It was very clean, the dining room was very nice and the high recommendation that I got from other people about it would have made it a great option if there was availability.

I don't know if my sister is getting the care she needs

My sister is really enjoying it. The only current concern I have is her legs are swelling up and I'm not sure they're doing anything about it or can do anything about it - I don't know. The reason I wanted to get my sister in there is that she needs physical therapy and I don't see that going on.

My sister seem to like the staff a lot and she likes the food. It's about $500 less than what she was paying before.

I'm a raving fan of Sudley Manor House!

Every time I am there the staff is extremely outgoing and friendly. The Marketing Director Rachel was the same, very friendly and helpful giving repeat tours (2 or 3) before our final decision was made. Everything has been spot on for expectations, they give the care they say they will give. I cannot say enough about Sudley Manor House and would not hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a stable and engaged staff and home for their loved ones.

This facility was wonderful...

This facility was wonderful, just what I was looking for my father, I found it clean, location was very convient for family, dr's office for mmy father, they provided excellent contact info for getting assistance with setting up VA benefit. I like that assisted living and memory loss facility is in the same complex. very informative. They were very receptive to my wishes to first place father in CA, and use Va as last resort. This location has a service that will move...transfer new residence furniture/property into facility...that's a plus...however a little pricy

Not many residents seen in ...

Not many residents seen in common areas. Smaller common areas throughout facility do not seem to lend to as much interaction between residents. Clean and well maintained. Pleasant and friendly staff.

My husband and I was very impressed w...

My husband and I was very impressed with Sudley Manor. The staff is very friendly and works well with the residents. The information shared with us was complete and informative. Our experience was pleasant. It was a bit of a surprise to hear that a nonrefundable deposit was required at acceptance. It was also vague as to the information I asked concerning "what happens when my Mom's condition worsens and she needs more assistance than offered. All in all, a very good experience.

KEEP on list - #1 so far. Excellent ...

KEEP on list - #1 so far. Excellent location. Very nice facility, though we only had a quick walk through.

The Manor House is professionally man...

The Manor House is professionally managed and impressive. The room sizes are very generous and well kept. The Dining Room is very large with much space between tables, accomodating wheelchairs easily. The food is the best of all the assisted living facilities, according to the residents I spoke with. The residents I saw appeared comfortable and happy living here. I would revisit The Sudley Manor House to consider choosing it for my Mom.

Stopped by. Conveniently located. Beh...

Stopped by. Conveniently located. Behind KMart. Across from Elem School, Day-Care and Fire Station. Lots of common/gathering areas. Smelled institutional. Small rooms. Less expensive. Independently owned.

Nice size rooms. Less staff per resi...

Nice size rooms. Less staff per resident, but seems to be very open so easier to care for. Nice walking area outside with direct access for Alz - residents. Cost includes ALL care PLUS rides to doctor's office. Alz patients allowed to visit with Assisted Living.

liked it

liked it

One of the considerations

One of the considerations

We love the facility and she is settl...

We love the facility and she is settling in beautifully! Thank you for all your help.