Fox Trail Assisted Living at Manassas - Manassas, VA

Loving Care

My Mother is a resident at Fox Trail in Manassas. She has been receiving EXCELLENT care. My family is very pleased and IMPRESSED by the compassion shown by ALL of the staff working with her. All of the staff (including housekeeping, chefs, activity director) work together as a team to provide wonderful care for the residents keeping their best interests in mind. I would agree this is not a typical "assisted living" facility, it's so much more! They work out individual care treatment plans for each resident. It caters to the residents that have more specialized needs in a manner that provides respect and dignity. It is completely evident that the staff truly cares for my mother and that they work where they do because they LOVE the residents. They exceeded my expectations and have lovingly met the needs of my mom. I am SO HAPPY we found them!

Not a memory care facility

Smell only 25 residents. Reminds me of a 1990 nursing home with small apartments. There is no activity director. The residents that I met were not active: wheel chair bound sitting in the halls looking very out of it. Not a place where you want someone to be that understands and desires social interaction.

Dan Wolen

Hello and thank you for your review. We are currently making some excellent changes to Fox Trail at Manassas through an extensive interior refurbishment as well as having the privilege to have some excellent new team members joining our team. We hope in the future you will re-visit us and enjoy all the positive changes. Best regards- Dan Wolen, COO Raydian Properties

Very small!

The Amerisist was a very small community and my grandmother was used to a larger home. The rooms were overall very small and were due for a refresher. The staff were very friendly, though, and greeted us with a packet of information and seemed very prepared for us.All of the staff knew the residents by name and seemed to engage with them very well.

Nice Small Community, My Mother Is Doing Well Here

Everything is going wells for my mother here at this community. The location is very convenient for me. The community is five minutes for my home. They have a lovely staff, they are always willing to help, and attentive. My mother needs some extra attention, and they have been very accommodating with that. It is a smaller community compared to others, but it has a nice family vibe. Their rates fit our budget. This is a nice garden style community.

Great Place

I visit there regularly for the past 10 years I love the staff there they are always helpful when it comes to the care of the residents they know what they're doing the Residents seem happy and healthy the food looks to be home made and the residents eat well Ive ate lunch plenty of times and had a great experience I'm reading some of the reviews on here and it's shameful to see that some people would say anything if their not happy I've had a wonderful experience with visiting and volunteering here with the residents at Amerisist of Manassas.

Very Impressed

They have done a lot well. They are very attentive, because it is a small facility. Their routine has been incredibly beneficial to my loved one, as well as the care she is receiving. The thing they can definitely improve on is their food; the menus are very odd and I am not sure about the nutritional value. The building itself is a little older too, but they are updating it.

Visited at 5pm on Sat, 10/3/15. Very small,1 level, maybe 25 rooms. Quiet. Clean and neat. Too small for mom.

VERY BAD PLACE

My husband was a client at this facility and the one in Warrenton prior to that. This company does nothing to improved their facilities. In Warrenton my husband was without air condition all summer. His room was 85 most of the time. They were always going to fix it but did nothing. Not even fans were provided by them. They made numerous mistakes with his medicine. Saying some were given, charted when they couldn't even find the bottles when I went to take him home for the weekend. Moved him to Manassas to in hopes of getting a better place and it was worse. [removed] The odor was awful. Management refused to change the carpet for 2 1/2 weeks and when they did, only did the bedroom area not the area outside of his door. Gave them notice I was moving his, 35 days and now they are saying I didn't give but 15 days notice and want me to pay for the other days, plus saying the room in Manassas was more expensive and trying to charge me for that. I was told it was a lateral move and the same. They will not call me back. An awful experience with them. I feel they broke the contract by not providing a safe, healthy environment and poor medical management. Where do you go to get help for places like this. DO NOT GO THERE.

need to be better about cleaning

The only thing I have noticed at Amerisist of Manassas is they really need to be better about cleaning moms room. The last time I was there I had to clean her bathroom for her. The staff does take really good care of mom there. They are very attentive to her needs. They are always giving me updates. I appreciate that this is a small facility so mom doesn't get lost in the mix. Overall I am quite pleased here.

This is a small more home-like facility than what is offered in the area. I knew my mom would like that because it does kind of remind me of her home.

The staff were friendly and helped me answer all my questions to give me the peace of mind I needed.

My mom did not want to move to assisted living and I started having feelings of guilt when I pushed the issue.

I am now happy that she is at this facility. My mom looks better and says that she loves it. I feel that they are very attentive to my mom's needs.

It is worth visiting for a different approach to assisted living.

Review of Amerisist of Manassas Assisted Living in Manassas, VA

Just not impressed - seemed ok but a disorganized. Care givers seemed harried. One woman was sitting in dining room asleep and nearly falling out of her chair. Older facility as well. Located in a neighborhood. Cost was high.

Review of Amerisist of Manassas Assisted Living in Manassas, VA

Smaller facility that may offer more personalized service to its residents. Very nice rooms and amenities.

Review of Amerisist of Manassas Assisted Living in Manassas, VA

Facility was nice. Tour went well. Received packet of information. Would have liked to see an activity to determine interaction between staff and patients. May need more staff. Individual room looked fine. Following up with family to figure out a decision. Mom still at home receiving in-home care.

Facility should be shuddered... Immediately!

Disgusting! The facility is dark dirty and void of any apparent care or compassion for the residents. There are staff members that seem pleasant but they are in the minority... With the exception of the sales/marketing manager the management is woefully incompetent.

The environment lacks the energy and interactivity needed to motivate the residents to be more active and responsive to outside stimuli. Take mom and dad somewhere else. There are less expensive facilities that provide the care, cleanliness and expertise needed to assure your loved ones of a healthy and enjoyable environment.

Tour

I have read all of the reviews prior to my touring this community and was pleasantly surprised when I saw that the facility took down the wallpaper that was mentioned and replaced it with a nice bright cheery paintjob. When I walked in, I was warmly greeted by the staff and stayed for a lunch tour. The cook served my lunch to me and it was delicious! I could tell that it was homemade. The rooms were large with plenty of sunlight and I felt that my mom would be able to fit everything that she would want to bring. They had an activity of some sort going on and the residents looked happy and engaged. I would definitely bring my mom here and would recommend it to others.

Very nice setting; within a...

Very nice setting; within a nice community; able to walk the neighborhood without fear. Presentation - entrance - very inviting; front doors needs some sprucing up Interior - in desperate need of rehab. Wallpaper peeling from walls at almost every seam. Facility built in 2000 but doesn't look like owners have taken an active participation in the upkeep. Staff - Ivy Sharpe - pleasant and appears to have the best interest of the residents at heart. Food - did not have the pleasure of partaking of a meal but Ivey states the residents do not have any complaints. This would be an option but not my first choice.

Depressing and Unqualified

My mother who has Alzheimer's was there for two months. There were roaches in the kitchen that came out into the dining room. The staff size was small and was not knowledgeable on how to help acclimate an Alzheimer patient to their new environment. The staff were of low quality. I came to visit my mom early one morning and overheard one of the staff members talking very rudely to my mother and made her cry. At the time, they did not have an activities director and even while my mother was there, there were several people who quit. Even the director of the facility quit after a week that my mom was there. The staff are just going through the motions and putting in their time.
The facility lacked warmth and genuine friendliness.
Please do not send your loved ones here especially if they have Alzheimer's.
My mother's health even deteriorated while she was there.
After I found the right facility for my mom, her health returned and now she is so much happier.
This review is from someone who visited my mom everyday because I did not feel comfortable leaving her there everyday. I have good judgment and I am an honest person. My heart broke every day I left my mom at this facility until I could get her in another place.

While it is a lovely staff,...

While it is a lovely staff, it is much like nursing homes of old - very little interaction with patients, and most sit all day in wheelchairs looking vacant.

Really helpful

It's actually going really well, they've been really really helpful. Everybody's got room to grow but the staff as all been really really helpful to us and we've had no issues with the care.

So far, so good

It seems to be going well, off-hand I haven't had any issues, they're taking care of everything. The transition seems to be pretty good, with the disease I'm not too sure what she thinks, everytime I go to see her she asks when she's going home. I know they do activities but I'm not so sure if they do memory loss ones. It's pretty nice for an older place and I'ts in pretty decent shape from what I've seen. I liked that it was one floor and it was smaller so it seemed like she would get more personal attention.

This was least favorite of ...

This was least favorite of the three communities we saw. Did not meet w/staff, she apparently had tried to call me to let me know that she was not available for the appointment. Outside was clean and well kept, but once inside it seemed dreary/dark and in need of some maintenance (wall paper peeling in lobby area). Appeared clean but there did not seem to be much activity - two residents were sitting in the lobby area by the door and 2 in the common area watching TV. Seemed understaffed for mid-day (two people-one was vaccuming dining area).

No complaints - 24 hour service

Other places we went to we observed people diong activities with no real engagement with their residents. At Amerisist of Manassas the person running the activity has everyone fully engaged, laughing, enjoying it, there are one-on-one interactions. We chose Amerisist because they fully involve their residents in activities and because of the smallness of the place. There are about 23 residents there compared to other places that had 80 or more. The residents greet me when I visit and seem very happy.

They did not have any memory care opt...

They did not have any memory care options for us. Impressive place though!

Assisted living is the preferred lifestyle for those seniors who want to remain independent, yet need some assistance from time to time. At Fox Trail, we provide the services that allow you to enjoy life with peace of mind and ease of living.

Fox Trail is an assisted living residence that provides quality carefree living for today's seniors. With a strong commitment to maintaining an enchanced quality of life, Amerisist is designed with the needs and preferences of the independent senior in mind. Every Amerisist residence is designed to provide all the comfort and warmth of home. Amerisist is a place where respect, caring and friendship are the qualities of daily life.

Located about 30 miles from Washington, D.C., Manassas, Virginia is a town steeped in the rich history that is a part of the early events that helped shaped the United States as a country. The Manassas Battlefields, where the Battles of First and Second Manassas took place, are considered national battlefields.

City Info

- Walkability : Fox Trail Senior Living at Manassas has a walk score of just 7. Visitors and clients will have to use a car or an alternate means of transportation to get to places they need to go. The town of Manassas has a walk score of 41, making it above average in walkability.

- Average Age in the 20110 Zip Code: The average age in the zip code of 20110 is 33.9 years old.

- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the 20110 Zip Code: There are 7 senior facilities in the 20110 zip code.

- Average Weather: The average temperature high in July is 88 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average low in January is 24 degrees. The average number of days for precipitation is 73 with an average of 42 inches of rain and 22 inches of snow.

- Veteran's Facilities in the Area: The Virginia Department of Veterans Services is located at 9300 W Court House Rd Suite 305, Manassas, VA 20110. Phone: (703) 479-7437.

Transportation Available for 20110

Manassas offers public transportation, including buses, trains, taxis, and ride shares.

- Buses: Omnilink. Reduced fares are available for those 60 and older.

- Trains: Manassas Amtrak train station located at the Amtrak/VRE Station, 9431 West Street, Manassas, VA 20110. Virginia Railway Express is at the Amtrak station listed above. Seniors 65 and older can receive discounted passes. The Manassas Northbound offers rides to northbound destinations to Washington D.C. in the morning for commuters. They offer limited rides in the late morning and afternoon. In the late afternoon, most rides return from Washington D.C. to Manassas. There are also a few rides available in the morning and early afternoon.

- Taxis: Yellow Cab Services, Best, CENTREVILLE

- Ride Shares: Ride share matching service is available through Omnimatch.

Health and Safety

Although Manassas has a hospital and an urgent care facility, nearby towns like Woodbridge have more healthcare options.

- Hospitals in the Area : Novant, Patient First

- Crime Rate in the 20110 Zip Code : Manassas has lower violent and property crime than the average in the United States. In 2015, there were no murders or rapes, 31 robberies and 42 assaults per 100,000 residents.

Sports and Leisure

Local Manassas residents can choose a few places in town for sports and leisure. However, for those who want more options, there are nearby towns throughout metropolitan Washington, D.C. which give a seemingly limitless supply of activities.

- Golf Courses: General's Ridge Golf Course, Manassas Park

- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Bull Run Swim & Racquet, Club Stonington Community Association Tennis Court

- Gyms: LA Fitness Manassas

Shopping and Entertainment

Many of the local shopping ventures for Manassas are cozy shops in historic downtown. Quite a few of the newer neighborhoods also have large box stores and grocers making it convenient for renters and homeowners to merely cross a street to run errands. History buffs will be pleased to find several museums as well as the well-known battlefields.

- Clothes Shopping Nearby: Wellington Station Shopping Center, Manassas Shopping Center, Davis Ford Crossing Shopping Center

- Grocery Stores: Harris Teeter, Giant Food, A&R Food, Food Lion

- Restaurants: Katerina's Greek Cuisine, Zandra's Taqueria, Foster's Grille, Philadelphia Tavern, Ashton Family Restaurant, The Bone

- Movie Theaters: Manassas 4 Cinemas, Regal Manassas Stadium 14 & IMAX

- Libraries: Mercer Library, Prince William County Library, Bull Run Regional Library

- Senior Friendly Salons: Calypso Salon, Deva Hair Gallery & Boutique

- Attractions: Manassas National Battlefield Park is the site where both Battles of Bull Run were fought during the Civil War. Other attractions include Freedom Museum Inc, Capital Aquarium, and Ben Lomond Plantation, which was built in 1837.

Religious Facilities

Forty-two percent of those who live in Manassas, Virginia are religious. There is less than 1 percent of the Jewish faith and Eastern religions and about 3 percent who practice the Islamic faith. Manassas, Virginia has many different denominations of Christian churches. They also have a Unitarian church.

- All Saints Catholic Church