American House Milford Senior Living - Milford, MI

My Dream Community

I love American House Milford Senior Living and I have nothing bad to say. Our decision was mainly based on location and apartment availability. It was in a close location to me but there was a wait list for an apartment and it would be for the next apartment that became available, there would be no choice on where you want a room.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4-star review of American House Milford. We look forward to welcoming you into our community!

Tour for comfort

I toured this community for the care for my mom. I liked the staff who were very helpful in answering the questions we had on care .The community was clean and they had a nice menu. This community was not completely furnished and we found it to be nice. They did not have a room available. We would recommend this community to families to tour for the care of a loved one.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you were happy with your tour.

My mother and I are very pleased. Her apartment is large and had new carpeting and was painted before entering. It’s bright and cheerful as are the people working there. Lots of activities and outings scheduled. The food is very good and plentiful and included in her plan. Housekeeping included with bedding and towel washed. Maintenance fast and friendly. They have a low income tax credit plan made it possible for my mom to live here with no distractions between what she gets and others.

Food Review American House Senior Living

I'm Only Rating the Food here. Be careful of the food in the Cafeteria. We found out that all American House's carry the same menu, and buy their food from Gordon Food Service. If you need any kind of specialized diet like for heart, for diabetes, for no gluten, the option is NOT available at all. If your doctor gives you a prescription for a special diet, the Cafeteria can NOT accommodate you at all. The food served is full of sodium and sugar. The food is mostly processed with lots of filler food like white pasta, white pototo's, white flower bakery items, white rice, and rich sweet desserts. The salad lettuce is the lowest quality available, which is iceburg lettuce. Vegetables, fruit, soup, drinks mostly all canned, processed food. Very little fresh veggies, fruit or home made soup.
You must pay for the cafeteria option, There is NO provision to cancel the cafeteria food price. Your welcome to buy and cook in your own apartment with your stove, fridge, that you pay to use, and provide your own microwave and small appliances.

Very nice. Offers lots of activities. Nice area

I am very happy here. People are nice, food is good. There has been big improvement since Deb has taken over. I’m enjoying the additional activities that have been added.

Lots to do – up to you your chain of activities, going out to lunch, bus available. Doctors in area.
Library, nice shopping area.

Great facility! Clean, friendly staff, Executive Director is very thorough, kind and extremely helpful.

Executive director was wonderful. She gave a tour of the facility that was informative and fun!

Review of American House Milford Senior Living - Milford, Mi

We toured the community on 6/6/16 for my husband's father. We loved your community and thought it would be a great fit for him. We are hoping to have Dad call your community home. We toured with Linda and she did a great job. Everything is so clean and the staff we met was very friendly. Good Job, American House Milford! :)

Fun, Friends and Living

So far so good! Dad is just moving in but staff and residents have all been great. The food was good and everything is well kept up. Dad is looking forward to being back in Milford and moving to his new apartment! Dad is 93 and in good health, still drives. Getting him back in a social setting was a great motivator for the move. American House Milford helped us achieve that goal!

The place is very clean. The staff is very kind helpful and understanding. All services are provided so the residents don't have to leave for Doctor appointments, pharmacy, hair salon, etc. The food is very good. Both the residents and staff are happy to be there.

needed more help

I don't think American House Milford Senior Living was a good place for mom. She needed more help than what they had. She was new there and the residents already had clicks formed. The social director did not do a good job at creating activities and a better atmosphere for her. The facility is nice but they should do better with activities. I paid for service to escort mom and she didn't get that service. She had to walk herself to the main area. Not very pleased.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for spending your time to give us your feedback. The satisfaction of our residents and their families is our highest priority. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience your Mom may have received. We have every desire to address her needs and will resolve your concerns. I invite you to contact me directly to schedule a day and time to meet in person. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Paula Tatum, Executive Director

The management goes out of their way to help their residents..

A great place for seniors. The management goes out of their way to help their residents. The communication with the staff has been excellent. The meals are adequate. There is no vegetarian food. The downside is that you can't choose your menu. Other than that, everything has been going very good. I would highly recommend the American House Milford Senior Living to anyone. (Activities are not applicable).

American House Senior Living Communities

It’s great to hear you enjoy our community and thank you for praising our staff. We invest a lot of time in effort to train our team to ensure the highest level of personalized service. We're always looking for ways to improve so I’ll be sure to share your comments regarding vegetarian options with our chef. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Sincerely, Paula Tatum, Executive Director

Review of American House in Milford, MI

New resident as of June of 2014. have a very ill husband and have received phenomenal support via the community.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m sorry your husband is ill, but glad you are able to
receive the support you need during this time. Please know that I’m
always available, should you have any questions or just want to stop
in and say hello.

Review of American House in Milford, MI

I'm very comfortable living here.

American House Senior Living Communities

Glad to hear it! My door is always open if you’d like to
stop by and say hi, or if you have any questions. Thanks for leaving
your feedback!
Paula Tatum, Executive Director

It's beautiful, and very nice, althou...

It's beautiful, and very nice, although I don't think the apartment is as nice as the one where I am at now but my family isn't as close to this one. When I looked at it, American House had just bought it, it had been senior apartments before and they were just in the process of changing it over.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for leaving your feedback! If you do change your mind, I’m here to answer any of your questions. You can even schedule another tour to see all of our updates!

[removed]

Very nice. No openings... w...

Very nice. No openings... wait list is 2-3 months out. Did not see any apartments... nothing unoccupied.

American House Senior Living Communities

We are a very popular location here in Milford, so I’m sorry I couldn’t show you any unoccupied apartments. Please call us if you’re still looking – I’d love to show you all the new building renovations!
[removed]

I really loved this place I sent my a...

I really loved this place I sent my application and deposit. It was meant to be! Moving in!

American House Senior Living Communities

How wonderful! I’m so glad to hear this, and even happier to see how excited you are! Please drop by my office to say hello sometime!
Paula Tatum, Executive Director

Liked this community. Low income dis...

Liked this community. Low income discount available.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad you like our community here! We treat our residents like family and would be thrilled to have you here. If you would like to call me or stop by, I’d love to talk to you about how much you would enjoy living here.
Paula Tatum, Executive Director [removed]

Beautiful apartments. Lovely facility...

Beautiful apartments. Lovely facility lay out & colors. Director very helpful. Rent is reasonable.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much for such positive feedback! It’s always nice to live somewhere that looks nice, isn’t it? If I can answer any further questions for you, don’t hesitate to ask.
Paula Tatum, Executive Director [removed]

We liked the Heritage Place.

We liked the Heritage Place.

American House Senior Living Communities

That’s always good to hear! Thank you. Our name has changed, and so have some of our amenities. Please feel free to drop by if you’d like to see our renovations!
Paula Tatum, Executive Director [removed]

A charming, cozy community, American House Milford is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in the quaint town of Milford and surrounding areas of Highland, Commerce, and Bloomfield. American House Milford is also located close to Huron Valley Sinai Hospital and Kensington Park.

American House Milford Senior Living offer luxurious, maintenance-free one and two bedroom apartment homes with private baths on peaceful landscaped grounds. Enjoy the convenience of an on site movie theatre, beauty salon/barber shop and indoor parking garage.

Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips, and staff members are available 24-hours a day. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation, restaurant-style dining, laundry and housekeeping services. Additional support services are also available, such as medication reminders, physical therapy, bathing and mobility assistance and more.*

RENOVATIONS ARE UNDERWAY for a beautiful community dining room, activity rooms and comfortable lounges for socializing! Stay tuned for our Grand Opening Party!