Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Wonderful Place for loved one's

I highly recommend Independence Village of Brighton Valley! The staff is so caring and friendly. They will go out of their way to help!

Review of independence Village

The staff is very accommodating making life at the village quite nice.

Review of Independence Village

Very good; lots going on, friendly helpful people.

I enjoy the meals

Review of Independence Village

The front desk staff is kind and helpful.

Review of Independence Village

I love living here - just like home!

I love my apartment!

Review of Independence Village

I am new for about a year now and i'm very satisfied. Beautiful place!

Review of Independence Village

I enjoy all activities, my food is good. I enjoy exercise and word search.

Review of Independence Village

I'm glad that this community provides lunch for sale at noon.

Review of Independence Village

I have lived here for over six years and I am very happy here.

Review of Independence Village

Lovely facility, people great food good. Lots to do, activities for all. Would like more drawing classes or painting (oil) classes.

Review of Independence Village

Staff so helpful, good variety of meals served. Service between course slow-sometimes.

Review of Independence Village

Good. Met many of my wants & needs.

Review of Independence Village

They are all very helpful here

The staff is very accommodating, making life at the village quite nice.

Review of Independence Village

This is a caring compassionate place that I call home.

Review of Independence Village

Most of my needs are taken care of

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

My mother’s beautiful, spacious apartment felt like home the day she moved in. Being in an environment where she has opportunities to socialize and engage in activities with others has been a nice perk as well.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

This community is a friendly, comfortable and fun place for older folks to reside.
The staff seems attentive and caring. The city of Brighton is also a tremendous resource for just about anything you need.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Our children searched the area and said this was the best and we agreed.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Very pleased living here!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Every effort is extended to offer a livable home, apartments are well designed for handicapped and non-handicapped alike, and temperature control is excellent, summer or winter. Bathroom and kitchen fixtures work well. Social event are frequent, designed to appeal to a good consistency. Food is well planned and well prepared. Staff is informally courteous and delightful.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I’m glad that this community provides lunch for sale at noon.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Great monthly brunches, friendly staff.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Can only comment on IND great for my mom. Met all her needs/activities, good food, help if needed. Immaculate facility and excellent staff.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Everything needed plus good food.
Great staff!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Very clean and nice facility with a lively community with plenty of activities.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Both our parents live at IV (Brighton). We are very pleased with their choice to move here. The staff is very friendly. The facility is clean. They (and we) are very content living here.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Everything appears to be excellent. The staff is always very helpful and pleasant.
We love visiting on brunch days. The company and food are always wonderful.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

This is a wonderful community and the staff is very friendly and caring. My mother’s mood and well-being has greatly improved since moving in. I am very relieved and have peace of mind knowing that my mother is in a safe and caring environment. They have lots of activities and outing options to keep her active and the chef and food are exceptional. Thank you to the entire staff!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Very nice buildings, friendly staff, nice restaurant with good food with nice staff, very nice atrium with a place for family, games fish, birds places to sit.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

The people are wonderful and the cook is good too and I’m lucky to be here.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

It was a difficult decision for me at 92 to move from my house and move here. However, I settled down very quickly and am very comfortable. The food is very good and the staff very kind and helpful.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

The dinners are marvelous. I haven’t had a bad meal yet and have lived here two years!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

The staff is so loving and helpful and treat my dad with so much love and respect. It is a comfort as has daughter and caregiver to know when I am not here he is being looked over safely.

Very nice community.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Beautiful community. Kind considerate proper work here.

Very positive!
Super: accommodations.
Staff – personal.
Staff – Kitchen
Staff – Chef
I’m very content here. Still miss my outstanding condo, but it was time to leave it.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

The staff here are very caring, helpful, positive people!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Very satisfied with everything! Service, food everything!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I really enjoy living here. It’s a great place. The staff and the food are wonderful.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

This is a wonderful place to live…
Activity keep us young!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Have visited several communities and this was the most active and with so many varied activities.

I call it the “ Ritz”

I enjoy the meals.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

The front desk staff is kind and helpful.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I love living here – just like home.

I love my apartment.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I am new for about a year now and am very satisfied.
Beautiful place!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

“I enjoy all activities, my food is good. I enjoy exercise and word search”.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I have lived here for over six years and I am very happy here.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Lovely facility, people great. Food good. Lots to do. Activities for all.
Would like more drawing classes or painting (oil) classes.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Staff so helpful. Good variety of meals served.
Service between courses slow - some times.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Good. Met many of my wants and needs.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

They are all very helpful here.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

The staff, is very accommodating, making life at the village quite nice.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

This is a caring compassionate place that I call home.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Most of my needs are taken care of.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Am very pleased with my living condition.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

If you are looking for a community this is safe and convenient.
Has everything you need inside the community. Chef is responsive and food is good.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Very good. Lots going on friendly, helpful people.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

We have been resident for seven years. This facility is very close to downtown for shopping, library, post office and medical needs. Our apartment is very comfortable and spacious. The culinary dept. prepares a varied menu with healthy and delicious food. The wellness staff conducts many interesting exercise and entertaining activities. Overall, a very good move for us.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I have been a resident for 1 ½ years. Very satisfied with the staff and service!!
Especially enjoying themselves.
Maintained and activities.
Happy to be here.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Food – You always have 6 entrees to pick from. At least one or two very good.
Activities - About 15 times a month there is some planned activity that I enjoy participating in.
Exercise room available – I use it 2-3 times a week.

Review on Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Great place.
Much going on.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I like how very neat and clean the whole building is.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

This is a great community! My grandma has been very happy here.
It’s a relief to know that she is safe and able to enjoy great food and engage in fun activities. It was a difficult decision for her to move, but I knew she’s glad she did!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

My Grandma really enjoys this community. She is very active in so many activities and has a lot of friends to associate with. She seems very happy!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Living her is wonderful. It has everything I need!

Beautiful facility.
Caring staff.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Very friendly staff and our needs are taken care.
Many fun events.
Been here five years and enjoying myself.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I am impressed by the attentiveness and friendly attitude of the staff here. Meals are to notch. Like going to a high end restaurant.

Friendly and kind.

Friendly staff!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Great community and great staff.

Staff very helpful.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I am very fortunate to have been living here for the past 4 years. The facility is beautiful with an outstanding Atrium. The lobby with its two sided fireplace and comfy furniture is relaxing. Great dining room and wonderful food.
The staff is so helpful and friendly, I just love it here!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I sincerely think that this facility in great!! A lot of activities planned for the residents with a wonderful staff.
I would recommend this facility to anyone who requires assisted living.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

Fantastic, a great place for retirement – no worries.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I believe that 97 % of the people employed home work hard to make this place succeed.
The food is great. The planning of activities never quits. The ladies at the desk always try to “make it work”, I have to believe that some people working here are exhausted at day’s end.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I don’t have to worry about dad. They all seem very concerned about the any health and or diet needs.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

This was my first visit to Brighton Valley community. I was really impressed how friendly everyone was – the staff and the residents.
The food was delicious and I was impressed how organized it was, staff was very helpful.
I really like the location – close to shopping!!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I was very impressed with this beautiful community! Also I enjoyed the delicious food at the brunch, kudos to the chef and the staff – very friendly and helpful.
When I walked into the lobby, I had a warm, fuzzy feeling, very welcoming and friendly community.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I have lived here for 2 ½ years and have been quite happy. There are many activities and outings available. The food is good and there are a lot of menu choices. The employees are caring and compassionate and helpful. It is very clean and well maintained.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley - Brighton, MI

I attended the awesome brunch with my dad who lives at Brighton Valley.
The food was delicious – my favorite is the omellette station! Everything was so organized and easy to get the food. The staff was very friendly and helpful!
Thank you for a delightful day!

Higher end price wise and newer. Activities list was impressive. In this price range, however, there are nicer places (my view).

Clean, good food and safe.
Wonderful staff. Activities for all.

Developing friendships.
Caring Staff.
Comfortable Accommodations.
Treated with respect.

I find the staff to be friendly and caring. I also have been to the buffet and bistro and have enjoyed the food. Overall, I’m very satisfied with the community and their residence at Independence Village.

Food is great and so is presentation!
Facility is beautiful!
Need for more wait staff – service is slow.
A couple of residents belong in the harbor.
Staff is personal, friendly – super!
Shuttle service policy (Time factor) needs adjustment. Not [Removed], she does a good job.

My mom loves it here!
Great apartment with a nice view.
Good activities. Staff is very friendly. She doesn’t feel alone.

My mom really enjoys her time in the community and the social activities and events really have improved her mood and health. The staff is always incredibly helpful and friendly and have befriended my mother. I appreciate all the hard work and the peace of mind that I know my mother is in the right place where she will be taken care of without any worries by me.

Great service!
Thank You.

My sweet mom has lived at Independence Village of Brighton since 2010. She has made wonderful friends there and enjoys the events and activities a lot! The staff is great friendly and helpful. The facility is clean and well maintained. The food service is very good and the culinary staff is also very nice.

Great caring staff!
Clean friendly environment!

I’m happy my parents live here and feel it is a friendly place that keeps track of them and plans nice activities.
I feel like they should get dinner credits when they decide to go out with family that they could use in the bistro for lunch or breakfast. (Like they do in Saline) The cost for dinner are too high as it so!

Our mom is here at the Brighton location. She has a beautiful apartment that faces the outside on the 1st floor. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help with whatever we need. The renovation is beautiful and exceptionally clean. We are pleased with this community.

independence village was just too big and the dining room way to far from the room. She would always need a wheelchair escort to meals. Though a beautiful facility it was way more than our mother needed at this stage of her life.

I live at Independence Village, it is very nice here. The staff is super. They have many activities to attend or go on the bus into town of Brighton. 9:00am - 3:00pm, 4 days a week. Friday and Saturday are trip days. The bus takes you to a doctor. We have breakfast in the bistro, it is very nice. The food is very good here. Dinner has white table cloths. I enjoy it very much here, and so will you

It’s not home, but it’s the – best thing. It is very expensive a place to meet new friends and have some activity. Clean building and rooms throughout all the staff and servers do an excellent job.

This is a caring community, filled with lots of activities, a wonderful décor, and a bus for outings at your service. This place is immaculately kept, with employees who make you feel right at home! There’s real heart at this place, wonderful residents to enjoy!!!

We have lived in this facility for over 6 years. Living here has suited us perfectly. The staff is friendly and quite capable. Our apartment is extremely comfortable. The activities offered are numerous and all services offered including meals, laundry, and housekeeping are all done well.

Very nice community easy to make friends here.
Lots of activities for the residents here.
Very good bus service when needed as many of us have no longer have a cab or drive.
Very clean. All corridor kept clean and excellent cleaning and laundry service for apartments.

So glad I live here.

This is an excellent place to live. The staff is so caring and helpful. They make you feel like family.

Friendly Residents.
Friendly Staff.
Good Food.

I enjoy living at Independence Village. It took me a while to become adjusted to living in a senior’s home. The staff & the girls at the front desk are great. The food is delicious & plentiful. I enjoy yoga, craft, card games, and painting. We enjoy various bus type.

Friendly smiling staff that call each resident by name. Dinner in bright airy dining rooms served by vibrant people include a chef. Availability of bus for appointment and shopping.

Strategic location near medical facilities, doctor offices & shopping. If you no longer drive, nurse is available.
Food is excellent. Lots of variety on the dinner menu.
Laundry & housekeeping services are very satisfactory. Washing machine & dryers are available for your personal laundry needs.
There is a great variety of planned activities & outings to meet everyone’s needs & desires.
I would recommend this facility to any of my friends.

Wonderful place to live, warm resident wonderful staff & numerous activities!
There is a shuttle bus for shopping 4 days a week and week end outings. The place is immaculate, with excellent housekeeping & laundry services. Plus the food is great too. You could it ask for more!!!

I have lived at IV for 9 years. It has always been a supportive, caring community. The activities planned are enjoyable. When I needed extra care, it was readily available. I would definitely recommend IV to any senior needing an alternative to living on their own.

I have lived at the village for 4 years. It is very clean & friendly. The girls at the front desk are great. Our life enrichment coordinator is fantastic & keep us busy with activities & so many fun things. Our chef is excellent with good food. Since I have to live in a independent place, so glad it is at Independence Village.

Independence Village is a delightful place to live and call home. The rooms are bright & cheery & the staff is friendly & helpful. There are numerous activities available & the food is great. The chef loves to accommodate even the pickiest eater. Its easy in such an atmosphere to be happy, make new friends & enjoy life.

I have lived in this facility for five years. It is a beautiful community with friendly staff. It is an ideal place for me at this stage of my life.

We have lived here almost 5 years, and we find the facility very satisfactory. We get and give @ lot of smiles and waves, as we move around with our “walkers”. It also is quite convenient for our daughters.

Have been here almost 5 years. I have met many friendly & nice people. They have many things to keep a person busy or entertained. The ladies at the front desk are very helpful.

A very clean and well-kept building. The staff are very friendly, helpful and very accommodating. The dining area is clean & the servers are respectful and well-trained. The menu is sufficient & tasty. The life enrichment program is well run. Transportation is available.

Independence Village is bright and cheery. The halls are well and spacious. The staff is very helpful & informative. There are many activities including board games, bingo, cards & pool.

I moved back to MI from over 15 years in a retirement community in Florida (The Villages). I was originally from Saginaw, MI, married & moved to Bronson, MI and resided there for 50 years. Happy to be back to MI and its welcoming people, and a variety of activities.

The staff at Independence Village is its greatest asset. All the employees are friendly, kind, helpful and patient. It amazes me how quickly they recognize everyone and call everyone by name. Even those I haven’t met smile and say hello. I also enjoy the entertainment, the outings, the special events, the décor, and my apartment. However, it is the staff that makes life at Independence Village enjoyable!

Security is great.
Excellent Food.
AM café and evening meals wonderful.
Many great activities to participate in.

Independence Village is a very nice place to live. I’ve been here for about 1.5years & have made many new friends. The employees are all very kind & caring, helpful & respectful. The food is excellent, & there are many menu choices. The activities & outings are fun & interesting. The shuttle bus will take you shopping, to appointments, etc. It is also very clean & attractively decorated.

I came to this area six years ago looking for a place to live. I liked this place the best and asked if I could stay for three months. They said I could, I stayed three months and found a place I wanted, I have been here for a year and half. I am still here. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU.

I checked out 3 Ind Village buildings, and this was the best, happy people, and a very clean tidy not a spot of dust anywhere plus good food and very happy pleasant waitress's and waiters and long bright halls, not like some I looked at, narrow and dark and help is right there if needed. happy, smiling girls & mess & boys

Security is great.
Homeaway from home.
Excellet food.
AM Cafe and Evening Meals wonderful.
Many great activities to participate in.

Wonderful place to live. Warm residents, wonderful staff and numerous activities. There is a shuttle bus for shopping 4 days a week and weekend outings. The place is immaculate with excellent housekeeping and laundry services. Plus the food is great too. You couldn't ask for more!!

I have lived at the village for 4 years. It is very clean and friendly. The girls at the front desk are great. Our Life Enrichment coordinator is fantastic and keeps us busy with activities and so many fun things. Our chef is excellent with good food. Since I have to live in a independent place, so glad it is at Independence Village.

Independence Village is a delightful place to live and call home. The rooms are bright & cheery and the staff is friendly & helpful. There are numerous activities available and the food is great. The chef loves to accommodate even the pickiest eater. Its easy in such an atmosphere to be happy, make new friends & enjoy life.

We have lived here almost 5 years, and we find the facility very satisfactory. We get and give a lot of smiles and waves, as we move around with our "walkers". & also quite convenient for our daughters.

Have been here almost 5 years. Have met many friendly & nice people. They have many things to keep a person busy or entertained. The ladies at the front desk are very helpful.

A very clean and well kept building. The staff are very friendly, helpful and very accommodating. The dining area is clean and the server are respectful and well-trained. The menu is sufficient and tasty. The Life Enrichment Program i.e will run, transportation is available.

Independence Village is bright and cheery. The halls are well lit and spacious. The staff is very helpful and informative. There are many activities including board games, bingo, cards, pool and bunes.

I moved back to MI from over 15 years in a Retirement Community in Florida(The Villages). I was originally from Saginaw, MI, married & moved to Bronson, MI and resided there for 50 years. Happy to be back to MI and its welcoming people and a variety of activities.

The Staff at Independence Village is its greatest asset. All the employees are friendly, kind, helpful, and patient. It amazes me how quickly they recognize everyone and call everyone by name. Even those I haven't met smile and say help. I also enjoy the entertainment, the outings, the special events, the decor, and my apartment. However, it is the staff that makes life at Independence Village enjoyable!

Strategic location - near medical facilities, doctors' office and shopping. If you no longer drive, now is available.
Food is excellent. Lots of variety on the dinner menu.
Laundry and housekeeping services are very satisfactory. Washing machine and dryers are available for your personal laundry needs.
There is a great variety of planned activities and outings to meet everyone's needs and desires.
I would recommend this facility to any of my friends.

Independence Village is a very nice place to live. I've been here for about 1 1/2 years & have made many new friends. The employees are all very kind & caring & helpful & respectful. The food is excellent, & there are many menu choices. The activities & outings are fun & interesting. The shuttle bus will take you shopping, to appointments, etc. It is also very clean & attractively decorated.

The Tour Went Good

We liked the tour of the community. It was a nice and clean facility. We saw good interaction with the staff and residents. Overall it was very nice and beautiful but not the match we needed.

BE CAREFUL

For the sake of your loved ones do your due diligence and compare with other facilities. State Licensing means something - it means there is an oversight body, not a corporation worried just about the financials. The Assisted side, called the Harbors is an UNLICENSED facility. By the time you pay the rent / food and the the health care bill, you'll be at $6,000+. Staffing levels - resident to resident aid are high (aids cover entire building not just assisted side). Pull cord response time can be high especially after hours, resident aid turnover and absenteeism is high. If you need and aide and can't find one, go look out by the dumpster and most likely you'll find one or two there smoking. Go look at the butts on the ground. STAY CLEAR.

Cassie McDonagh

Thank you for leaving a review. In the state of Michigan, assisted living communities are not required to be licensed. We feel that regulations would restrict our autonomy for creative programming, staff training and overall resident service. Our goal is to support our residents with their activities of daily living so they can keep their independence for as long as possible.

We aim to be as transparent as possible when it comes to pricing. Our custom care packages are personalized to fit the true needs of your loved one. This ensures that your loved one is getting the right care to promote their greatest independence.

We strive to create the best experience for all of our residents and employees, every minute of every day. We take all of our residents and their families concerns very seriously and would love the opportunity to talk in person. Please reach out to my to me at our main phone number so we can come up with solutions together.

Looking forward to speaking with you,
-Kelly Haddock, Executive Director

WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING for Mom

WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING. The Assisted Living side is called The Harbors. It is UNLICENSED which means they can do what they want. Staffing level is understaffed, high turnover, absenteeism is common - so the Resident Assistants are running - literally. The Independent Living side includes a continental breakfast - very common to be out of items - ie. bananas - yet no one runs out to Kroger's to get more - just say yep we are out. Check around on pricing - my opinion is you can get better for less elsewhere. Maintenance position turns over frequent also.

Cassie McDonagh

The health and happiness of our employees and residents is very important to us and we are constantly looking for the right people who have a calling to serve our residents. Our resident assistants are incredibly dedicated to our residents emotional and physical well being. Last year, we initiated life enrichment programming that was specifically dedicated and built around the needs and desires of our enhanced living residents. We have seen great success thus far and are continuing to grow and optimize the program.

We strive to create the best experience for all of our residents and employees , every minute of every day. We take all of our residents and their families concerns very seriously and would love the opportunity to talk in person. Please reach out to my to me at [removed] so we can come up with solutions together.

Looking forward to speaking with you,
-Kelly Haddock, Executive Director

I feel confident with Independence Village.

I will begin this review by saying that the cleanliness of this assisted living home was 5 star. I was impressed with the broad array of assistance programs. The staff are very pleasant and helpful at the drop of a dime. My mother says she really enjoys living there.

No complaints

The facility is doing an excellent job. I do not have any complaints and I am satisfied with the cleanliness, the food, the staff and the level of activities. So far, everything is going well.

It's been okay so far.

It's been okay so far. She has had complaints, but she complains about everything. She doesn't like the food, very much. I think it's fine, I don't see any major issues with the place, but she isn't very happy.

Independence Village in Brighton has two areas...the Harbors side which is more for people requiring extra assistance of various degrees, and the Independent side, which describes itself.
All of the staff I have encountered have been very pleasant,helpful, and accomodating. The cleaning staff do a very thorough job at all times, and the servers in the dining areas are friendly and try to get you your meals as quickly as possible, for the most part. If you change your mind about your order, they will usually don't have a problem replacing it with something else. However, if you go towards the end of the mealtimes they sometimes run out of the items you may want. There are many planned outings that you can participate in if you wish, as well as activities at the facility itself. There is a bus service most days to use to shop, for doctors appointments, or whatever. There is also an exercise room with a treadmill, stationary bicycle,etc and laundry rooms you can use . Most of the staff quickly learn everyone's name and treat you respectfully.
The one area I feel they could improve on is the food. Usually there are two main entree choices, along with beverages, salads and soup, and desserts. I find a lot of the main entree choices are overly sauce or gravy covered or heavily batter coated. Quite a few are fried . The portion sizes are small. (However, if you ask they will usually give you more if they aren't out). Often lunch the next day will include the same items as dinner the night before. Lots of tomato and sausage based soups and sauces. Potatoes are served a lot and are often dry, or sauce covered or fried. Some menu items, in my opinion, should be removed completely, such as chipped beef on toast(deli sliced beef cut up in small pieces in what tastes like thick mushroom soup); hamburger stroganoff which looks and tastes like ground beef in thick whitesauce, and cheese soup, which tastes like melted Velveeta cheese. Usually the fish is pretty good except the fried smelt. It just seems like the meals are heavy on carbohydrates and processed meats and many are fried. Occasionally they have special buffets, which are delicious, and their desserts are excellent. All the food is prepared on site , not shipped in from somewhere, which is good.
So, this is a real nice facility with an excellent, friendly , helpful staff and lots of activities, as long as you're not too fussy about what you eat.

A Wonderful Place for My Mom

Independence Village in Brighton, MI was home to my stepmother for the past three years of her life. It is a truly outstanding facility with wonderful staff that is very client oriented. She loved the facilities and the staff. There emergency system works as planned and my stepmother had to use it several times during her stay. It would be difficult to find a better facility or a better value than this.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

We moved to this community in August of 2010. It was the right decision for us to sell our condo and come here for independent living. We enjoy our spacious apartment, the present chef's meals and the many opportunities for various activities. However, the demographic in five years has changed considerably due to the influx of residents that really need more assisted living.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

Food is usually good. Staff and workers are friendly and kind. Nicely decorated. Ambiance of IVofBV is great. There a few things that could be better. Activities are sparse. Some days none at all.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

I like the atmosphere and amenities, and personnel, but I think for the money we pay, the food should be much better.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

The employees work hard to please the occupants who live here. Basically the entire staff has a positive attitude. Christmas decorations are special!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

Mom has been a resident for 9 months, transition is slow. Activities are varied to accommodate mobility, vision, etc. Staff is exceptional from rental, directors, servers, cleaning staff, receptionists. Had immediate response on health issue. You people complaining ain't gonna get "the Ritz", remember these are your parents. Only the best for my MOM! I'm there three to five times a week.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

My husband became ill and we could no longer live independently. Our son found this place for us and we are very happy here. The service is wonderful -- the activities are great and the folks who work here are always pleasant and smiling and they really care about the residents. I thank our son for finding us such a great place to live.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

Independence Village does not live up to its name. There are more assisted living people that need a lot of care residing in the independent apartments. Independent living means you can take care of yourself. Also, the construction of the apartments are not senior friendly. The place is beautiful and expensive.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

My wife and I knew this facility quite well before we moved in almost 3 years ago, as her sister lived her about 7 years. We liked the food and hospitality -- and the programs held in the atrium. Having visited a couple other senior facilities to see friends, we were partial to Independence Village and we find it fine in almost all respects (but it's not like our old home!). Incidentally, we have 2 of 3 daughters in this area.

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

This is an excellent place to live. My apartment i bright and comfortable. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and interested in our well-being. There are a lot of activities to keep our lives interesting, and the bus service to take us on outings, and help us get to doctor appointments, to grocery shop, and so on is very good. The food service is very good most of the time with quite a nice variety of choices. Overall I would certainly recommend IVBV!

Review of Independence Village of Brighton Valley in Brighton, MI

This place is great. We love the food, the other residents are very friendly, and the staff is great. We couldn't be happier that we moved here.

My parents may soon be calling this home

I took my parents to this community to tour and they were very impressed with the staff. We had brunch there which was very good and we were personally greeted by the chef. Also the leasing agent was very knowledgeable and very helpful. She took the time to introduce us to some of the current residents and made my mother feel very comfortable.

Unscrupulous Seniors Residence

These people are not reputable. A family member lived there for one year and they refused to give back the security deposit as required by Michigan law until we filed a lawsuit (and won the suit).

They are doing a great job so far.

They are doing a great job so far. We are happy with them. They are very clean, and the staff is very friendly. The food is excellent. The care services are not applicable, as we don't use any. We chose it because liked the openness of it, the light decor and wide hallways, and the brightness really helped with moms limited vision. We have only been there a month or so and so far we don't have any complaints or things that need to be improved.

This is on our list of poss...

This is on our list of possibilities at the moment. They have a studio available, but we were wanting a one bedroom.

Property Review

I have not physically been to the property as of yet. I am traveling from Phoenix on the 20th visiting my Dad for a week. Everything I have seen on line and the feedback I have received from my Brother and his Wife have been extremely positive. My Father has been both positive and negative about the facility. In one day, he lost his car and the ability to live by himself. It has been hard fro him to handle and adjust. I am hoping that my visit will help him some with the adjustment.
All and all, I think my Father is in the right location and I would recommned the facility and the staff I have interfaced with to anyone.

Toured on October 14. Too p...

Toured on October 14. Too pricy and no first floor apts available.

Thbis still on my list as a possibilty

Thbis still on my list as a possibilty

Offering Independent Living and Enhanced Living options to seniors in Brighton, Michigan, Independence Village allows for all the comforts of private living with the added benefit of a little extra assistance. Our pet friendly community includes limitless events and excursions to ensure residents never experience a dull moment. See for yourself what makes our residents so happy and healthy by scheduling a tour to Independence Village of Brighton.