Amber Glen Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Urbana, IL

Toured Amber Glen. Nice facility but my mother needs her own room and not to share with anyone. Cannot afford the cost of the private room.

My Grandfathers care

The care at this community is wonderful.We like that he is happy here. The menu is good and he is please with the healthy meals. The community has a good environment and we like knowing that he is active with the activities with the other residents. We would recommend this community for other families for the value and care for a loved one.

Unprofessional

I don't want to place the unprofessionalism blame on the entire facility. However, I think that a particular employee by the name of [Removed], needs to practice more on professionalism. She really disappointed me because she has a kind demeanor, but un professional. People who come in seeking a job deserves to be treated with dignity and professionalism. Get it together, [Removed]!

Working Out Well

This is good community, and my father in law is doing great since his move here. They are caring for him very well, and we are pleased with all they have done for us. All is well for us here at this community, and I would recommend it.

Not What We Needed

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. From what I saw it is more an independent community, rather than a memory care facility. Which is what I thought they offered. The staff didn't seem fit to care for Alzheimer's patients. I would not had felt comfortable moving my parents to this community. They would not had been able to provide care that I would be comfortable with. More so this is a community for someone who just needs light assistance.

Great place to consider in the east central Illinois area for memory care.

I first visited Amber Glen in mid-2016 looking for a place for my father who has memory loss. It appeared to be a friendly caring place for adults with dementia. I liked the staff and they greeted me warmly and seemed to interact with the patients in the same way. In December 2016 I again visited and now was urgently looking for a place for my father. On December 23, 2016 my Dad became a resident of Amber Glen. I visited the facility in early February 2016 to check on my father since I live four hundred miles away. My step-mother, my sister, my brother and I have all visited. We are all happy with the facility and the care my father is receiving. I spend multiple hours over two days there observing and interacting with staff and patients.

The patients have a lot of freedom to express themselves and do as much as they are able. Unfortunately when I was present my father was having issues with sleeping and had an infection but he was being well cared for.

I would recommended Amber Glen as a place to give consideration to when looking for a home for a memory challenged adult. It has the feeling of a home and not just an institution for very special adults.

Outstanding Care for dad

I like this community very much for the good care for my father. The facility provides physical activities and interactive activities to keep him engaged. The staff is outstanding. The food is very good and he is happy with everything. We like the caring staff that is very helpful. The community is very clean. We highly recommend this community for excellent care and value.

Pretty much satisfied with the care!

The staff at Amber Glen Alzheimer's Special Care Center have been very accommodating with our requests. My mother and I enjoy the food. They offer a variety of healthy choices. The shower room could use some additional attention. I have found on occasion that the toilet seats were soiled and used wash cloths were left behind on the floor.

The staff were wonderful at Amber Glen!!!

Mom was only at this community for a couple of days. My sister did not feel mom was ready for a community so she did move her out. I looked at various communities and this was by far the best place around. The food was excellent. The community is clean and I would recommend it to family and friends. I want to thank A Place for Mom for their assistance in finding this community.

Taking Good Of My Wife

It has been a nice experience for my wife here at this community. They are taking good care of her and her needs. They do a very good job with cleaning. She is trying a few activities they offer. The meals are fair. The staff is wonderful, they are nice and helpful. I know she is safe and in good hands.

I think the level of care left something to be desired.

All the management has changed since we left there, things may be different now. We were pretty satisfied, before we had an incident, but afterward I saw that someone else had similar problems, so there may be a pattern. For memory care they didn't know how to handle a minor outburst of combative behavior, while keeping a resident safe. They also didn't keep my loved one very clean. I think the level of care left something to be desired.