Always Home at Saddlehorn - Katy, TX

Positive Move

For the last year my mother in law has been a resident at Always Home in Katy. [name removed], her family and staff have created a comfortable and secure setting that my mother in law considers her home. There are a variety of activities and outings for the residents. My mother in law is an avid reader and [name removed] makes sure there is always a good selection of large print books on hand. We appreciate the personal care and attention from everyone at Always Home. This has been a positive move for my mother in law, and we highly recommend the care offered at Always Home.

A feeling of Love, Home and Family

I have volunteered at Always Home Saddlehorn in [location removed].
Right away I loved the family atmosphere. The residents get the opportunity to socialize with each other and the staff.
Games are played, arts and craft time is fun, chair yoga seems to be a big hit. Occasional trips include concerts, parks, fire department, shopping, zoo, the mall at Halloween to see the children in their trick or treat customs, and at Christmas time driving around enjoying the decorated houses.
The place is very clean.
Food is home made and enjoyed as a group at a large dinner table. Meals are made for indivuals requiring special dietary needs.
Health care is of great importance and is met by the RN, [name removed]. She makes arrangements for in house visits by Dr. and phyical theraphist. [name removed]also goes to the Dr. office with the residents and answers and asks necessary questions to provide good care. She keeps family informed.
Always home definitly has a feeling of love, home and family.
I would highly recommend checking this place out for a loved one.
[name removed]

No way I would leave my loved one here!

I had a tour that was scheduled and confirmed for this location. I arrived about 5-10 minutes early for my appointment and could not locate a doorbell so I knocked on the door. I waited and waited. Knocked again. I looked through one of the windows and it appeared to be an office just full of clutter and I couldn't tell that anyone was there. Although there was a car in the driveway, no one responded to my repeated attempts to knock on the door and wait for someone to answer. As I started to drive away, I noticed cars parked at a back/side area. I could not easily locate a door on that side of the home either. There were 4 cars parked there so I knew someone should've been there and been aware that I'd be arriving for my tour. I began to have a bad vibe and figured it was best if I simply move along in my search.

Nice staff but greasy food

My loved one is here currently and everything is going okay but I think my loved one is going to need more care than what they can give. I like the facility, it’s very clean and nice, and the people that work there are nice. They seem to be taking good care of my loved one; the staff is very nice and courteous to them. When my loved one was sick, the people at the facility took them to the hospital and even stayed with them. I don’t like the way their food is or how they serve it, though, and that’s my biggest complaint. They serve greasy foods that don’t have much nutritional value to it; it just seems like they’re serving food that’s inappropriate for older people. I’ve tried speaking with management about it, but they don’t really respond. Otherwise, they’re very pleasant and very considerate of the residents.

Not the type of food elderly should be eating

I, unfortunately, had to choose this community because one of my other better options was not available. Although the staff is friendly they are understaffed. They do not seem to have enough people to take care of all the residents. The meals here are not nutritious or well balanced. They offer things like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, corndogs, and fajitas. There are 3 meals a day but they don’t have any variety or substitutions. They really do need a more balanced diet. I have brought this to their attention but they haven’t offered any solutions thus far. No activities to speak of. They don’t sweep the floor but maybe once a week. There are also no activities there besides watching TV. The staff is generally just sitting around. I would not recommend this facility.

Nice Care Home, Tour was Nice

I toured this care home for my mother, and her needs. Everything went well overall. The staff I met was kind, and friendly. The home looked nice from what I saw. The experience went well,but this wasn't the care home for my mother, and her needs.

Tour and care

We toured this community for care. The staff were very helpful and answer the questions that we had. The meals seemed appealing. They would of been able to offer good activities. We would recommend this community to other families for good care.

Clean and friendly facility. Would've considered but my uncle said too far out for him and his visitors.

Healthy proportioned meals !!

The meals at this community have been great. The chef always makes sure that the food is fresh and healthy for the residents with perfect sized portions. The staff have also been great at helping my mom with her memory loss and are always patient and kind with her.

The Tour Went Good

I had a good tour at this community. It was a nice and clean facility. I saw a little interaction between the staff and residents. The tour guide was on time and seemed knowledgeable about the community.

Lovely facility

My aunt lives at always home and it is a lovely facility. Every time I'm been to visit its been clean and feels a lot like home. The staff is genuine and knows a lot about the residents. Oh and the food look amazing. We've been there a few and its always full of fun and laughter between residents and staff.

This place has been a blessing to our family!

My 93 year old mother in law has lived here for almost one year and we have been so pleased with the care she has received. The staff is caring and attentive and willing to do all it takes to make her comfortable. They are incredibly patient with her. The home itself is always clean and it really does feel like home. I cannot imagine having her in any other setting. It is just perfect for her situation.

My father in law lived here before he passed away. We wish we had found this place sooner. So much life and laughter here. Caregivers genuinely seemed to love their job

VERE NICE

So far so good.

So far so good. They are taking care of my mother. I would recommend the Always Home at Saddlehorn. It has been an excellent experience. The facility is really clean. It has a friendly environment. The staff and the residents are kind. The staff has been helpful and caring. The value is excellent here. They do a great job at taking care of my mother. Everything has been going great. We are really pleased.

They have been excellent

They have been excellent in helping us with every aspect. The owner Dawn is fantastic. The transition has been smooth as possible thanks to the facility and thanks to Dawn. This has been a positive experience. I can't rate the activities because my loved one did not participate in them. It is not applicable. Overall, the Always Home at Saddlehorn is an excellent facility.

Highly Recommend

The facility is clean, well landscaped and secure. The rooms, common areas and dining room were clean and well maintained. All of the residence that I meet or have seen were active, looked well care for and happy. The staff are friendly, helpful and caring. They offer alot of different activities and the food is great!

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Always Home at Saddlehorn! It is a nice looking, well kept facility, and the staff have all been very friendly! You can tell they really care about the people who live here, and put in a lot of effort to keep them comfortable and happy! The price is also very affordable for the level of care that they provide!

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, clean, knowledgeable staff

We were looking for something affordable where we felt that Mom would get good interactive socialization as well as quality care at a price we could afford. The staff at Always home was very caring and friendly. The smaller size of this facility helped them in knowing all their patients. Mom was only there a short time before we lost her but the time she was there was good quality time.

I can never say Thanks enough to Dawn...

I can never say Thanks enough to Dawn Bowen and her staff at Always Home at Saddlehorn for the wonderful care and guidance they gave to my Dad and to our family.

In the 9 months that my Dad was there, we visited every week at least twice a week. They never knew when we were going to pop in. Everything was always in order. Never did I hear one caregiver utter a harsh word to any of the residents. They were the most kind and caring people and obviously had a passion to work with elderly.

They kept us informed, they made sure he was always up, and dressed and ready for anything every single day.

In his last few days, Dawn, Chris or Julie stayed with him constantly if we were not there and continued to give him the most loving care knowing that his hours were growing short. By the time my Dad passed in December, the staff at always Home had become like family to us.

Most people I know that are now caregiving elderly parents have had horrible experiences, and I can say, that we had a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing care for a loved one as they treat them like family. They helped us with hospice care when the time came and we had a wonderful experience with Amazing Grace Hospice as well.

These people are Godsent! and have a true compassion for the elderly with diminished capacity.

Great place, great care, great people.

Home Away from home

I spent a year researching the best facility for my Dad before relocating him from out of state. He was very comfortable at Always Home. We spent time with my Dad everyday and the staff was very accommodating to his every need. They were part of our family the owner, their family and staff definitely went beyond our expectations.the environment is very home-like so my Dad never felt like he was in a hospital.

Caring Staff

Both my parents live/lived there for almost three years. The current staff is very caring. When my Father passed away, they gave extra attention when hospice staff wasn't present. They gave my Father the utmost dignity and care and for myself as we went through his passing. My Mother is happy there. The other residents that are more mobile than my Mother participates in more activities than my Mother is able to do.

Always Home

Living 800 miles away , it has been a very difficult journey, but I think that we have found a very unique and perfect place for my brother.

Our Personalized Assisted Living approach focuses on:
Listening to our residents.
Recognizing those services and offerings that are essential to them.
Integrating additional items they desire into every viable aspect of their life at our community.
Respecting individual preferences.
Through Personalized Assisted Living, Always Home creates a lifestyle tailored to the needs and preferences of the individual. We also offer graduated levels of care to meet individual requirements and preferences. In this way, we can make daily life easier for our residents, by offering the necessary level of service and care as their needs dictate.