Very nice place

While looking for a place for my loved one it seemed that this location was a better fit with the medical services that they provide. It is a very nice place and it is kept very clean with no foul smell when you first walk in. They also have a courtyard in the middle of the facility so residents are able to go outside to get some air and there are people who are always watching. It seems much secured. The staff team is very competent and knowledgeable. My loved one is doing quite well here.

My Mom's Environment

It seems to be going well for my mom. The staff are open to feedback and they are friendly too. The community is clean for residents and guests. My mom says the meals taste good.

Not as good as I'd hoped

We placed my father here since it is advertized as a memory care facilty for all stages of dementia.
I found the 1/8 patient ratio was too high and just assumed he'd have more attention than this.
It took about 3 weeks for him to get adjusted to things.
He has late stage now and wanders a lot.
There also seems to have been a large staff turn over in the last few months.
there are a few exceptional people.. Belinda is an activities coordinator and really seems to understand dementia in all aspects.
Also the rooms don't have individual temperature controls...air conditioning and no camera monitoring system to check on the rooms.
They do a 2 hour night check instead.
Just happy Hospice is now involved and has added in making my fathers room more adaptable for him.
I would have thought the Adobe House nurse or staff could have done some of these things.

I would highly recommend this communi...

I would highly recommend this community to anybody.

I liked best, the personal care and the cleanliness of the community.

Adobe House review

My mother has been at Adobe House less than two weeks. She is adjusting to her new environment slowly. Everyone at Adobe House has been very helpful and they are very good with my Mom. It is very hard to rate with such a short time period.

The price is too high

They really don't do that many activities here. They tend to do a lot of movie watching. When they clear the dining rooms, they use one of them to play DVDs. As for the value, it's the cheapest around, but I would say that it would be worth around $2500/month, and nothing more. The rooms are small and very minimal. There's about enough room for a bed, a side table and a chair. I think they could really benefit from more field trips and outings. They don't really get out much. We did choose the Adobe house, though, because it has a much better atmosphere than the others we looked at. It doesn't have that corporate feel that some of the other bigger companies have.

Adobe House, Petaluma, CA

I am very happy with the Adobe house. I am so glad I picked this place for my Mom. She is very happy in her new community. I think this is what she really needed all along as she was living by herself. She now has a roommate to talk with as well as all the other members of her community.

ADOBE HOUSE is a unique place where people experiencing Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia are offered the opportunity to lead a fulfilling life. People don’t lose their humanity

when they lose their memory skills. What people with dementia lose is their ability to live comfortably in society. They don’t remember the rules the rest of us live by and they no longer fit in.

Adobe House has created an environment where those with dementia can live entirely in the moment. They fit in because the flow of activity is designed to meet their special needs.

Enjoyment of life takes a different form at Adobe House. Life here is less complex. The focus on the routines of play and activities,

nutrient rich meals and rest are nurturing and simple. Dementia residents can blossom in a social setting where they are

not defined by their deficits.