Accel at Crystal Park - Oklahoma City, OK

Accel at Crystal Park - Oklahoma City, OK has yet not published prices.

Excellent

My mother received excellent care. The staff really care. We wish we could take [name removed] and [name removed] home with us. We do highly recommend this place.

Would HIGHLY recommend this facility!

My mom came to Accel at Crystal Park from the hospital. We were reluctant to put her in a skilled facility, but have been pleasantly surprised at the care and attention she has received. The staff is friendly and attentive to her needs. The nurses and physicians are proactive in addressing her medical concerns before we say anything. We feel comfortable leaving we know she is in good hands.

I have worked in LTC communities across the state for years so I am aware of the level of care you receive in some of these facilities. We have only had great experiences at Accel at Crystal Park.

If you need a long or short term skilled facility for yourself or a family member I would recommend you take a tour of Accel.

Stone Gate Senior Living

We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience. We strive to deliver quality healthcare services and we are happy to hear that you are pleased with our facility and staff.

Would NOT Recommend!

My mom was transferred here from the hospital in the hopes that physical therapy would improve her condition. Upon arrival, she lay in her bed for an hour and a half before someone came into the room to check on her. None of the day staff gave me any type of orientation or contacted me about a plan for her while I was in her room that day.
After I sought help from some of the aides, it was clear they did not have the experience to handle a patient who was not taking food/medicine by mouth. As an aside, the facility appears to be woefully understaffed and to employ a fair number of newer graduates. I requested an IV be put in, so my mom could take medication and stay hydrated. After more than 2 days of receiving no food or water, staff finally put in an IV for fluid intake only a few hours before I had her moved to a different facility.
Nurse [name removed] was the only kind and caring person I dealt with. On day 2, she put me in touch with an outside hospice management team as an option.
During the hospice team meeting, the director of nursing services very coldly mentioned that my mother was not making any progress there after 2 days, implying that she did not belong there. However, when the time came to transfer my mom to a different facility, she flatly refused to arrange the transfer. To my relief, the receiving organization very graciously offered to arrange the transportation.
Overall, I was astounded at the nursing director’s total lack of professionalism, not only in her interaction with me, but also in how this facility deals with a patient who doesn’t necessarily fit into their “norm”.

Stone Gate Senior Living

Thanks, so much for sharing your experience with us. We’re sorry that your experience at Accel Crystal Park fell short of your expectations. Patient care is our top priority. Please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience at [removed] so that we can discuss this matter further.

Lack of care at Accel at Crystal Park

My experience with a loved one at this facility is the same as most of these. Staff are friendly, but unhelpful. My aunt had a mishap in her room at the facility and we helped her, but called for nurses. One was at the front desk talking to her male friend. Another named [name removed] something ran off to the employees lounge and remained holed up inside for sometime. They don't respond to call button when needed; bells going off constantly with no response. Needed help during the night and was told that they were down on another wing?

Stone Gate Senior Living

Mr. Steven, we appreciate your feedback. Our Facility Administrator would like to discuss your concerns regarding the lack of service your aunt experienced further. Please contact our administrator at [removed] if you would like to discuss further. Thank you.

Horrible

Beautiful place, BUT.. don’t be fooled... Service is horrible, rooms are never cleaned, soiled linens piled in the corner of rooms. Patients literally wait hours, after hitting the nurse call button, for anyone to show up. I would NEVER RECOMMEND Accel At Crystal Park to anyone. An absolute nightmare....

Stone Gate Senior Living

We appreciate your feedback, Ms. Katy. At Accel at Crystal Park, we strive to deliver quality healthcare services. Our Facility Administrator would like to discuss your concerns further. Please send us your contact information at [removed] and we will reach out to you.

Don't be fooled by the pretty surroundings.

My husband has been there less than 48 hours and has asked to be moved to another facility. I've been an RN for almost 30 years, working in acute care, so I had an idea what to expect, but this is worse than anticipated. My husband is only 62, alert and oriented, needing care while he heals from pathological fractures (and surgical repairs) that are the result of metastatic cancer, metastasized to almost 20 bone sites. He is supposed to be getting oral chemo therapy, which is VERY time specific. This morning it came 3 hours late! He is not getting pain medicine; his oncologist has pain medication ordered several times a day, at this facility he is lucky to get it twice in a day. On Monday, I will look for a facility that maybe doesn't have such fancy decor but has invested in caring staff instead. I was there the other night and the emergency bell in the room across the hall rang for 20 minutes, yet when I looked in the hall, 3 other bells were going off and 3 staff members were chatting and laughing in the middle of the hall. It is very frustrating!

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hello Mrs. Jones, we’re extremely sorry to hear about your experience at Accel at Crystal Park. Our team is actively investigating this situation. It is our priority to discuss your concerns and come to a resolution. Please email us your contact information at [removed] and a facility/company representative will reach out to you shortly.

This place is a joke.you ask staff questions and they do not now . Ask for a shower chair. And the cna are one ther phone so they can not help . The Rn and LPN do not now they said ask the cna. So if I do not give my mother her shower I guess she would not get one. They just have 1 cna at night.

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hello, we’re extremely sorry to hear about your experience at Accel at Crystal Park. It is our priority to discuss your concerns and come to a resolution. Please email us your contact information at [removed] and a facility/company representative will reach out to you shortly.

Mishandling Medications and Stolen Wedding Rings

My mother was admitted to Accel Skilled Nursing Center after a near-death experience with congestive heart failure. During her stay, she was given crushed medication in applesauce that she knew nothing about and did not authorize. After having a bad reaction, my mom found out the staff doctor prescribed it. She convinced the doctor to prescribe the medication she has always been taking and that worked. However, when it was time to give it to her, the staff could not find it anywhere and they tried to give her the wrong medication Again by crushing it up and disguising it in applesauce. My mom saw the wrong medication in the applesauce and refused to take it until they finally found the right medication and gave it to her one time before going back to giving her the wrong medication again. Additionally, my mom was given medications that heavily sedated her for only one night. Someone accessed her room and stole her wedding rings off her finger! A police report has been made and an investigation is in place. I only hope that whomever stole my mom's wedding rings will have the heart to return them or be prepared to Face felony charges and prison time.

Outstanding place!!

Stone Gate Senior Living

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback!

love the staff
Lovely facilty

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us; we appreciate your kind words!

love the staff
Lovely facilty

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback; we appreciate your kind words!

My whole family loved this place.. we will return when I need more care!!

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hi Thomas, Thank you so much for your kind words; we appreciate you sharing your experience with us!

The first day was a little crazy until her meds came and staff got used to my mom.. but then everything went well.. she was in and out in 2 weeks..

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hi Mary, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We appreciate you providing your feedback to us.

Wonderful care.. best therapy.. my dad loved it here.. did not want to leave!!

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hi Carol, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Staff gave a personal touch and really cared, therapy is the best ever.. I fully recommend this facility to others.. loved it.. my dad did not want to leave here..

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hell Carol, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The staff here at Accel at Crystal Park appreciates your kinds words!

Wonderful staff.. beautiful facility!!

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hello, Thank you for your kinds words!

Disheartened by Experience

I would not recommend this facility to anyone. My 90 year old father was here for a hip fracture. We visited the facility before admitting him and it looked very nice and clean; however, looks can be deceiving. He missed important medications that contributed to a state of dilusion. When we asked at the front desk for his regular medication, they said they were waiting on the pharmacy, but it was more than 24 hours later that medications were brought in. He also laid in urine soaked sheets for many hours despite calls to the staff to change the bedding. Staff was not friendly or transparent with care. The PA was condescending and the entire staff made the family feel like my father was an inconvenience for them. They also indicated that they were very short-staffed. If that is the case, then I would recommend not taking in more patients that cannot be properly cared for. My father was in a lot of pain and has never been in the hospital before in his life so the experience was traumatic for him. We have not decided whether to write a letter to the administration yet. The experience was disheartening and I hope others in this situation read this before deciding to trust this facility and staff for the care of a loved one.

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hello, we truly apologize for your unsatisfactory experience at Accel at Crystal Park. We strive to consistently deliver quality care to all residents. Please contact our Facility Administrator Julie Kuiper at our main number to discuss your concerns further or let us know if you would like us to contact you directly.

My honest review

This place is unsatisfactory! My mom spent 2 weeks here recently and the entire nursing staff is horrible! Her blood sugar level was 351 and it took the nurse 2 hours to come back with the shot of insulin. She had nurses saying they'd be right back and they never showed up the rest of the shift. She would hit her call light button and no one would ever come. This was happening during the entire two-week stay. She was cold last night so she had her call Button and ask for blanket. The nurse never came back with one and they would not answer the call button the rest of the night. This was constantly occuring. Food is okay sometimes good sometimes bad. The rehabilitational staff is excellent. Also I'm not sure if it is worth all the neglect she received and every other need that she had. I would not recommend this place to anyone especially a loved one! Still undecided if i want to send a letter to the board of directors.

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hi Scott, we truly apologize for your unsatisfactory experience at Accel at Crystal Park. We strive to consistently deliver quality care to all residents. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact our Facility administrator Julie Kuiper at our facility phone number or let us know if you would like us to contact you directly.

This facility is mean to patients

This facility and staff are not caring and mean to patients. My aunt 96 years old was left in bed with urine for over 12 hours with the nurse call button where she could not reach it. This occurred on more than one occasion.
They missed her Dr appointment.
The staff is not punctual about returning phone calls.
She actually had to be admitted to the hospital from here.
Would not recommend this facility for your loved one.

Stone Gate Senior Living

Hi Ms. Talley, we truly apologize for your unsatisfactory experience at Accel at Crystal Park. We strive to consistently deliver quality care to all residents. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact our Facility administrator Julie Kuiper at [removed] or let us know if you would like us to contact you directly.

Nice people but pay attention to the care your loved ones get.

Poor

Did not go well. Rehab is good other staff and daily care poor. Poor management and staff.