Low Performance of Above the Valley

Suzann provided little care for my mother. She said she would do something, such as repositioning my mother every few hours, but did not, which resulted in massive compression sores. She was asked by PT to do easy range of motion exercises daily, and she told them she was. However, my mother's legs are now locked in one position. Suzann told me that it hurt Mom too much to move her into a wheelchair, so Mom has been bedbound for weeks. I have moved her to another care facility and on day one, they had Mom in a wheelchair, dressed (which Suzann did not do either) and eating with others in the cafeteria. The almost two months Mom was at Above the Valley, she never left her bedroom. I was never so glad to be out of a place. The home health nurse encouraged the move and stated that she didn't think Mom was being fed well either.

Above All.

My wife is happy at the place. This is the first care home that we are connected with. Would you be happy if I say that it is the greatest Alzheimers care home in Oregon?

Regardless of your guidelines: That is all I can say.

Above the Valley AFH is located on Hwy 53 in Nehalem Oregon. A 2800 sq. ft, home on 6 acres. There are lots of wild life in the yard. The home has been in business for 13 yrs. Owner and caregiver has 48 yrs experience caring for the elderly. The home has 4 private rooms. Bathroom has walkin shower with 4 grab bars for safety. All rooms have free cable. Large patio in back with built in bar-b-que for fun in the summer! All levels of care are welcome.