Rosewood Specialty Care - Hillsboro, OR

Feels more like a hospital

I went to tour this facility because I’ve heard a lot of great things from friends who had their loved ones here. Although my friends spoke so highly of this facility, I was not impressed. I don’t think it was as great as they were saying. The atmosphere of the community was more hospital and institutional feeling. The hallways are all narrow, the greeting room is small, and everything just felt so broken up. I don’t think anything here felt free flowing.

Frontier Management

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. If you'd be willing, Elizabeth Simon would like to speak with you at [removed] to discuss ways to improve your experience with Rosewood Specialty Care moving forward. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

A good place

The food is ok and I would give it a rating of seven out of ten. I do think they need more weekend and evening staff. They also do not have a lot of places for the residents to go outside and sit. They do not offer a lot of activities the residents seem to enjoy. They did just hire a part time activities director so I hope things will improve. The community is nice and it is close to family. I would recommend this community if the person is self motivated.

Father in Law is happy here

A good community for my father in law. He is happy with the staff and the excellent care he is given. The environment is clean even while being remodeled. He is happy with the food and the variety. I would highly recommend this community to other families for great care.

Frontier Management

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your experience at our community. We're thrilled to hear that your father-in-law is happy and that he is receiving excellent care. Your recommendation is probably one of the best compliments we could receive. Thank you for your kind words!

Rosewood review

We are new to the Rosewood community. My mother was very sick with sores and dementia and the foster care facility couldn't take care of her anymore. She was hospitalized and we needed to find a place that could take care of her needs but also be a safe and happy place too. Almost every place we called was either full or didn't want to attempt to help my mother with her skin condition. As a last resort I called "A place for mom." A very kind person was on the other end and took all our information. Soon after, places were calling ME and asking to come and assess my mother. WOW! I had no idea there were places like this. We as a family decided on Rosewood for their compassion and also their knowledge. They have been very helpful with my mother. They bathe her regularly and take excellent care of her sores and another needs that arrive. My father visits regularly and they seat him next to mom at lunch and serve him too. It's nice that even though she is a handful, all the people that work there have similes on their faces and a willingness to help with anything,

A Little To Small, But Very Nice Home

Our tour went very well at this home. The home looked great and everything was nice and neat. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They were very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. It was a just a little to small for my mother in law. I would recommend it, because it might work for some people.

Convenient location

The location is convenient for us and it is easy to visit him.
They will be renovating within next year

Need More Caregivers

The facility only has a sign in sheet for nurses to sign but you cannot read what is written. Only has one nurse at this time. Caregivers are caring and patient but seem inexperienced. Noticed bad odor in residents closet due to urine in closet.

I think Rosewood did an excellent job.

I think Rosewood did an excellent job. They were very good and very understanding. We had a uniquely difficult family dynamic, and they were wonderful. In my communications with them, I found that they were very honest, and they were very tolerant, and helpful.

Rosewood Specialty Care for the Memory Impaired is nestled in the quiet community of Hillsboro, Oregon and offers a safe, independent senior care for those suffering from AlzheimerÆs Disease and other forms of memory impairment. Rosewood Specialty Care, named a 2013 Best Senior Living Awards finalist by seniorhomes.com, offers nurturing support while helping residents maintain a full, comfortable lifestyle. At Rosewood Specialty Care, we take pride in offering a program that is tailored to the individual. Our caregivers develop close ties with residents and their families. Seniors are aided by a relaxing environment and the familiarity of a daily routine and supportive cues that help them keep their independence. Rosewood offers living space specially designed to meet the needs of memory-impaired residents. Amenities include three family-style meals a day, weekly housekeeping and specialized care plans. There are a number of individual and group activities, from walking the secured grounds, to gardening, cooking, movies and music along with outings to area events. Rosewood is located close to the best that Hillsboro has to offer, including parks and shops. Special events are scheduled throughout the year and family members are always welcome and encouraged to join in the fun. RosewoodÆs caregivers offer assistance with daily needs, such as dressing and grooming, along with specialized needs like medication management. A monitoring system, emergency call system and 24-hour supervision helps give family member the peace of mind that their loved ones are in a safe, caring environment.