A Brand New Day - Redding, CA

Very UNHAPPY

Very dirty private room, my family had to go in and clean the room so that my father could live in it. The smell of pee was so stronge it was gagging. Staff did nothing stood back and watched us clean. Then they let my father escape 3 times he found a latter and was scaling the fence when one of the better-care givers caught him. He was 91. And the last dirty deed was NOT giving him his medicine one evening. [name removed] was the woman who gave out the meds, she wanted to go home so my fathers meds set on her desk until the next morning. This is not how any older person or anyone for that matter should be treated! I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. If you love your family find some place else.

Visited today and like what we see. Getting them his insurance information. Planning to call Monday to accept the placement. People seem really nice and the atmosphere is homey.

Very happy with it

I'm very happy and so is my lived one.

truly concerned for residents well-being

They really place a huge emphasis in making sure the residents there in their charge are recognized as individuals, deserving of respect, and getting to know them personally. They are concerned not only with the physical, but also with the spiritual and emotional well-being, which dad did not receive at some other facilities that he has been to.

In terms of where they can improve, they might want to reevaluate the activities, and get some that are more engaging.

Overall we are very satisfied. It's a great place and I was very impressed from day one. From the lowest staff member on up, they are all very hands on and very concerned, and maintain great communication.

Rest easy thanks to the down-to-earth staff

Overall this place is wonderful. It is nothing fancy but the cozy down-to earth feel and dedication of the staff gives me the peace of mind I want and the care my loved one needs. Definitely worth the investment!

Staff: they mentioned if I see something I don't like, then say so and each time (with minor things) they fix them right as I ask.
Activities: once a month for only $20 they offer off-site outings complete with transportation and nursing staff. I really appreciate the time commitment and dedication of the staff to offer this service.

For my first experience with a site such as this, I am pleasantly surprised and appreciative.

Extra special care

My mom gets treated like a queen here. In fact, I see every resident treated by the caregivers like they are their own grandparents. I like to pop in at unusual times and love to see the group having fun and the kitchen smelling of home cooked food. It's a great value for all they provide (Lynn keeps on top of my mom's medications, Stormy takes her out to lunch every Thursday, and mom is smitten by Karen's back rubs.) I see all kinds of folks here, so don't understand the comment about not taking late stage Alzheimer's. I know they won't take people who are angry and mean, and that is just fine with me. I want my mom to be safe, surrounded by happy people, not someone who will upset her by others bad behavior.

Better than most

All the caregivers are excellent and extremely friendly. No one wants to be put in a home, but when you come to the day you can no longer handle it, this was a great choice. I did a few other walk-throughs and was not impressed.

Refuse to handle late sta...

Refuse to handle late stage Alzheimer's patients. Want easy care patients with early stage dementia. But what happens when the disease progresses?

Mary Burger

Thank you for your review, but I think there may be a misunderstanding about our services. We handle the full spectrum of dementia, including late stage Alzheimer's patients. We have 3 separate living areas to group people according to their needs and have more caregivers for those who are more advanced. We welcome all men and women, regardless of their place in the journey. Our license does not allow us to provide nursing care so that may be the reason behind the misunderstanding. We also promise families we will keep our residents safe, so may refuse to accept someone who is combative. I guarantee that we will try to find a way to accommodate each prospective resident's individual situation.

Friendly and Caring Staff

It's my mom's husband that's in the facility. I think it's a good facility and the staff is very friendly and very caring but I don't think it's the right place for him. There is not enough medical care so I think he might needs something different than that. I don't want to give them a bad mark, we're just thinking he needs more medical attention than they're able to provide.

The owners of this home were very fri...

The owners of this home were very friendly and gave us an in-depth tour.

A Brand New Day is licensed as a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly by the California Department of Social Services located in a quiet neighborhood in Redding, California. Our license number is 455001567. We are authorized to care for a maximum of 26 individuals and offer private and semi-private bedrooms. Our "Locked Gate Waiver" allow us to provide secure care for those with Dementia and Alzheimer’s. Our two houses feature their own kitchens, dining, living, and activity rooms to provide the best environment for the variety of our residents’ needs. The central courtyard serves as safe and peaceful place to enjoy the outdoors.

We understand that each resident is an individual with unique needs and preferences. We design a comprehensive care plan based on input from the resident, their family, and their physician. The plan is first developed upon moving in and is regularly updated. Dietary needs and medication management is just the start. We also provide ways to stimulate the mind, strengthen the body and support the resident’s social and emotional needs.

A Brand New Day's long history of success is the result of our dedicated staff. Many of our caregivers have been with us since it was founded eight years ago. We carefully select individuals who are compassionate, respectful, committed to serve the needs of the elderly. We hold monthly training sessions to teach the skills and best practices in helping those with Dementia and Alzheimer ’s disease. We have 23 staff members to cover three shifts to ensure the residents receive the attention they need, day and night.