24/Seven Family Home for Adults - Wappingers Falls, NY

Nice Tour

I had a nice tour of this community. It is a nice looking place, everything looked nice and well-kept. The staff I came across was very kind and friendly. The experience went well, and this is a nice place. Unfortunately I didn't get the feel that this was the place for my in laws.

Found the space clean, open, homelike. Staff is friendly, helpful and caring. Good size outside space and gardening possible.

I would highly recommend them.

They were very nice people. The staff were good people they worked well. I would highly recommend them they ran a nice, neat, clean home, and they were very attentive. Maybe they could offer more activities I was only there a couple of times a week but I didn't really see much going on. The house has all been upgraded and has been remodeled you could tell. It was bright, colorful, and clean, you could see right away it was clean, even the lawn was manicured nicely.

The search is over

Four and a half years ago, my father had a stroke. He was rather lucky and came through it with only minor residual damage, all things considered. Within a week, he regained the use of his body, but suffered damage to his brain causing memory loss and cognitive issues. After spending a short time in rehab, he returned to my home for me to care for him. In the seven months that I cared for my father in my home, it seemed our roles had reversed. This made our relationship rather strained, to say the least. No sooner did he believe that he was independent and wanted to return to his own home. It was a scramble to find a caregiver who could stay with him round the clock. I went through three different live-in aides in a matter of 4 years, and my father could be a very difficult person at times. As his health started to decline, I tried and tried to get help for him but to no avail. He always seemed to fall through the cracks. Nothing and no one seemed to be able to help. Finally he entered a nursing home for rehab for about three months, with the intent to go full time. But, they severely neglected him. I couldn't in good conscience leave him there. They had me believing that there was nowhere else but a skilled nursing facility for him but unfortunately he was supposed to be in one that wasn't providing skilled nursing care. Then I did some more research and stumbled upon 24/Seven. I called and toured their home. They actually said they could help. It was clean, quiet, accommodating, and the best part was, they were available. Within a week or two, I was able to move my father into their facility. They don't have just four residents living in their home, they treat them like family and allow their family members, like myself, to rest assured that they're being well taken care of. For the first time, while he's away from his own home, my father seems content with his surroundings. I know I made the right choice. The search is truly over.

Very warm and friendly. I d...

Very warm and friendly. I don't believe that my mother would like it.

24/Seven

The 24/ Seven senior facility is excellent. I like the personal attention my father-in-law receives, the price is reasonable and easy access to see him is also a plus.
He seems to be thriving there interacting with the other seniors, dancing, eating well and has a better attitude in general. I would highly recommend it to others.
My wife and I also appreciate the monitoring and regular contact given to us by Kathy.
Thanks for finding 24/Seven for us. We were not aware of this facility when we searched a few years ago.

This is a small home.

This is a small home.

Nice clean house. Possibility, but ow...

Nice clean house. Possibility, but owner needs to add wheelchair access.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN 24/SEVEN!

24/Seven Family Type Home for Adults is located in a quiet and secure residential setting, in southern Dutchess County, NY. Our home is certified by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, through its Bureau of Adult Services.

Our private home offers an atmosphere of family living for elderly who are unable to live on their own, due to advanced age, physical or developmental disabilities, yet, they don’t need to be placed in a nursing home.

The home is limited to a maximum of four beds, private or semiprivate, allowing us to meet each person’s needs for emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual fulfillment. Essential everyday services such as housekeeping, laundry, security, medicine dispensing and help with bathing or/and dressing give our residents a sense of well-being. So is attention to detail like “getting the perfect gift for a special grandchild” or hanging a family photo in that “perfect spot.”

For some of us there will come a time when an elderly loved one will need a special helping hand. At 24/Seven, service with a warm human touch gets a priority. Our commitment is to treat these in our care with respect and dignity. This commitment gives peace of mind to families and our residents, assuring that 24/Seven will truly be “HOME.”