Brookdale Florham Park - Florham Park, NJ

Comfortable Here

He is doing well and is comfortable at this community. It is nice and clean. It is a locked facility so that is good for him. The staff is friendly. He gets good food 3x a day. The staff tries to engage him to come and join the daily activities. It is a very very nice place. I would recommend them.

This is an Amazing Place

Unfortunately my mother passed away the day she was due to move into Brookdale Florham Park. I know that she would have been so very happy there it would have been a perfect fit. The staff are amazing, they make you feel like family, and they were going to be able to address all of my mothers needs. The community is beautiful and my mom had several friends who live there as well as knowing some of the staff that work there. Brookdale Florham Park would be a good fit for anyone who was looking for a loved one and I highly recommend that you take a tour and get to know their loving staff.
LL

Good Memory Care

My brother and I are very comfortable with the care that my mother is getting in the Memory Unit at Brookdale Florham Park although she does keep telling us she does not want to be there. The staff there are very friendly and take very good care of my mother's needs, her room is well kept up and everything is very clean. My mom does not mind the food.
They do keep my mom busy with different activities and my brother comes and takes her out on the weekends as well as to her doctor appointments.
I do feel that my mother is receiving very good care.
And for me, one of the things that I have found is the cost/pricing for Senior care everywhere is so out of portion.

Brookdale experience

Everyone I have met is helpful and eager to answer any questions to make Brookdale a new home for my Mother. Brookdale is the best facility in the north new jersey area based on cost, care, services provided and the facility itself.

Mom's Care and comfort

We like the care that my mom is getting from this community. The staff are caring to the needs that she is requesting. We are happy with the menu and the good variety. My mom is happy with her room and like the areas of the community. We find that this is a clean and nice enviroment for her. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one with a good value

Detailed Tour !!

The tour my family and I received at this community was very detailed and informative. The staff made us feel very welcomed and spent lots of time explaining things to my loved one and I during our visit. This location was one of my top choices, it was just a little to far of a drive from my house.

Just the right size, great staff!

My mother has lived at Brookdale Florham Park for nearly two years. Although she was apprehensive at first, the staff made her feel very welcome and she has became very comfortable in her new home. The smaller size of the facility is a plus. The staff is very friendly and caring and Mom really likes the activities and frequent entertainment. As she has needed more assistance, the staff has adapted to her needs. Having Mom at Brookdale Florham Park has definitely suited her well and given me peace of mind.

My Sister Really Enjoys It Here

My sister is doing very well at this community and she seems to have adjusted well. I am very pleased and she informs me that she really likes it here. She said they keep the place pretty clean. She is trying out some new activities and the food is good. I would recommend it because she seems happy here.

Review of Brookdale Florham Park - Florham Park, NJ

I scheduled a visit and went to the facility on 3 6. We were told after sitting down with their representative that they do not take incoming residents that require a hoyer lift even though they were made aware of her needs prior to ever scheduling a visit. They even tried to continue on with the sales pitch after telling the woman that my mother is unable to get in and out of bed without a hoyer. I was agitated and annoyed because I traveled over an hour to tour the place which we now know was never an option.

Smaller community, very nice looking

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. We liked that Brookdale Florham Park was on the smaller side, and that the facility was well kept and clean. All of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but Brookdale was our second choice and this is somewhere I would recommend to people looking for care in the area.

Comfortable, clean, good foot/activities/entertainment and not too big!

My husband has been at Brookdale/Wynwood for about a month ffand things have been going well. His studio apartment had been just renovated and it is roomy and very comfortable. Room includes a kitchen area (microwave, refrigerator, stainless sink with modern faucet, adequate counter area), tiled bathroom (shower with bench seat, hand held shower head and grab bars). Meals are served in a very nice dining room and the serving staff is efficient and accommodating. There have been some issues with the menus - things listed not available or not as described, some things under cooked or overcooked, but for the most part the food and the variety is pretty good. Each week there is a meeting with the kitchen manager and the residents to discuss any problems. The exec director and most of the staff has been very responsive, open to suggestions, willing to listen and want to solve any problems. On staff RN and Med Tecs are efficient, medications are administered on time and any health issues have been watched and reported to physician for review. Also important is the therapy that my husband is getting. Have an excellent occupational, physical and speech therapists available. Only thing not 5 star at this time are the aides, especially the overnight & early morning attendants. Hopefully as needs are better known assistance will improve. Have kept our private aide to attend to my husband for three days a week until we are totally comfortable with the community.

I would definitely recommend this facility. Be sure to visit often, talk to the staff AND the residents. Have lunch there and check out the activities unannounced to evaluate if your loved ones will fit into the environment.

Nice, small, homelike and caring community. Very clean. Employees seem very engaged and call the residents by name. Probably not exactly what would suit my mom right now as she is very high-functioning and independent and also may be looking for specifically a Jewish senior living facility. But this would be a good choice for someone who needs constant attention and likes a smaller facility.

Nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one.Wynwood at Florham Park seemed like a nice place overall, and is somewhere we were considering as an option. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend them as being worth a look!

Concerns

I have to say the place is always clean. The people who work there are very friendly and caring. However, in retrospect I would not have placed my aunt there. There is really limited stimulation for someone like her - physically challenged, yet mentally agile. Unfortunately it is too expensive to change now.

Seems like a nice place!

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far our experience has been a good one. The facility itself is nice looking and clean, and the aides have all been very friendly and helpful. I've also been pleased with the food, the meals are very good!

Nice facility and small size was good. Would like to find something closer to our house.

Very warm friendly place

My first impression of Wynwood was a pleasant, clean and friendly place, and now that my Dad is living there, I have to say every time I visit, I feel the same way. The staff is friendly and enthusiastic and the dining room really pays attention to what the residents like and don't like. The food is tasty and plentiful and I'm hoping to put about 10 pounds or more on Dad, who has gotten very thin living alone.
The apartment is so pretty with all of his nice furniture in it, it really feels like his home. I hope he feels as enthusiastic about finding the perfect place for him to live safely and happily as we do.

Not impressed by the tour

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I was not impressed by what I saw at Wynwood Florham Park. The community seemed dark, dingy, and unwelcoming. I also was not a fan of some of their care policies. When I asked how they handle overnight incontinence issues and how often they check the residents at night they told me they let them sleep through the night and deal with it in the morning. I also did not see much in the way of activities going on, mostly just the residents watching television.

There are no concerns and she seems to be doing better.

There are no concerns and she seems to be doing better. It's clean and the staff is friendly. There really haven't been any complaints. They did a family Octoberfest event that wasn't overly impressive, but I didn't lose any sleep over it. I have eaten there a few times, and sometimes it's pretty good, but some meals are better than others.

Doing a good job here

So far things have gone well with Wynwood at Florham Park. It's a nice looking place, and the staff have all seemed very friendly. They do their job, and they do it well from what I have seen so far.

Very nice!

Very nice!

Love it! Smaller than the rest, but h...

Love it! Smaller than the rest, but has a very nice atmosphere that Mom would feel comfortable in

Nice feeling to it; Mom seems to be...

Nice feeling to it; Mom seems to be in between AL and dementia care; may need to be housed on dementia care side due to wandering, but can then be brought over to AL for activities; dementia care side was bleak and without any visible activities; residents appeared more advanced in dementia than Mom.

Liked very much.

Liked very much.

Wynwood At Florham Park
provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Wynwood At Florham Park
we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Wynwood At Florham Park
provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietician, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.