Woodlands Senior Village - North Tonawanda, NY

Independent

This is a nice very independent community. The staff have been friendly and knowledgeable. Mom has a nice apartment. This community does not offer a meal plan. They do have locked side doors. This community is in a nice area. I would recommend taking a look at this community

Our visit

This is a nice community. They do offer meals and they have nice sized apartments. They seem to have a lot of things going on during the day. This community was not quite independent enough for my loved one.

A Very Helpful Manager

The tour was great and I liked the community too. The manager in charge was great. She suggested a VA grant program. They were looking out for what was best for us. She showed us everything in the community and she called us to check on us. I liked that she did not go overboard with following up. Even though we thought we were going to move in, she wished us luck and gave great helpful resources.

Home Sweet Home

Nice view from french doors in living room. Heat * water included plus basic cable, we have an exercise room. Median age 80's, 1 handicap accessible area at main building entrance no other handicap accessible curbs. Comfortably small if you don't bring much. No sound barrier between apartments you hear everything, interior doors made of plastic. Excessive light fixtures in kitchen, no kitchen cupboard space in the 1bedrm apt. Hallways are extremely long & dimly light, & Keybob only works on main building door other doors require a key. Property manager polite & accessible. Personally I wouldn't live on the 2nd floor. I have 2 small dogs so I pay a little more.

Run, don't walk, from these apartments unless you like shelling out big bucks with no benefit!

I lived in the Woodlands for more than 2 years. In that time the rent increased $100/mo. The apartments are tiny with no storage space and you are not allowed to bring in apartment-sized washers/dryers. There are TWO washers and dryers in the laundry room on each floor; there are about 40 apartments on each floor, so you do the math. Parking is a nightmare. There are no assigned spots (there should be) and tenants often have to walk half the length of a football field from the lot to their building entrance. The smoke alarms go off all the time (mine went off while I was boiling water!) and the management staff was not helpful at all. There is ONE elevator for the entire building. Once it went out of service for almost a week. Wheelchair-bound tenants were trapped up on the second floor! Thank heavens there wasn't an emergency during that time. I couldn't wait to leave! I live in my own place now and even with all the utilities, it's almost $200/month cheaper than living in that shoebox apartment in the Woodlands.

My husband and I are delighted with Forestview Senior Village! We needed a place to live an abruptly "downsized" life, where there are opportunities for enjoying activities in our own building, and where other residents are friendly and welcoming. All the people we have met have gone out of their way to make us feel comfortable, each asking if they can do anything to help us get settled.

Thanks to the staff here for their friendliness and help in moving in and becoming acclimated. Forestview Senior Village is meeting our needs beautifully.

My mother lives in this complex on the left side first floor. She has her own entrance way from the parking lot and also a garage that is accessed by crossing the driveway. Recently there has been several snow storms that has left a total accumulation of 12 inches in the parking lot. Three days later the front of the building has been plowed but the side parking lot and driveway have not. When the manager of the building (Bobbie) was approached by a concerned resident about the buildup she informed the resident that Woodlands was under no obligation to plow the side parking lot and driveway. Are you kidding me!! You have seniors living here that need to access their vehicles in the garages you collect rent for and you don't feel that you are obligated to plow??
I really don't think this is a place for MY Mom!!

very professional and friendly

They are overall very professional and friendly, and are great at open and honest communication. They did really good in preparing the unit for my mom, painting it up nice, making it look nice and clean and welcoming for mom, etc. It's been a good experience and I would highly recommend Woodlands Senior Village.

Loves it!

My absolutely loves it here! She is so happy, just so happy! The meals are pretty good. The community is clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. We’re happy with the care services and activities that are available.

For those age 55 plus young, The Woodlands Senior Housing offers gracious one and two bedroom suites in the country setting of Wheatfield, NY. Enjoy the view from your personal patio or catch up with friends and neighbors in the library and community rooms. Beautifully appointed facilities with Whirlpool appliances, carpeting, custom paint, state of the art laundry and exercise rooms and much, much more!