Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center - Windber, PA

Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center - Windber, PA has yet not published prices.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center

They were very compassionate! I didn't know a lot and I had questions, and everyone was helpful with the process. Whenever something happened, they called me to let me know what was going on.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center

When I found out I had to come here I really did not want to come but honestly, I could not have asked for a better experience. Every aspect of rehab therapy has been outstanding! They made me feel so welcome! Really, anyone that has walked into my room so far has been a pleasure. I have a restricted diet and they have done an excellent job replacing the meals with options I can have.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center

The rehab therapists care about you and they're always giving me therapy. The nurses were cheerful, and they're kind, and they try to help you whenever they can. They are awfully busy. Cleanliness is very good. The meals are very good.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center

We had an okay stay at Windber Wood.

Review of Windber Woods

The meals have been good. Really on top of it with their communication!

Review of Windber Woods

Overall, our experience was excellent! The cleanliness could use improvement. They're doing renovations, so it's understandable.

Review of Windber Woods

Everybody is nice there and treats her well. My god, they are overworked! I think the cleanliness is fine. My loved one is not a very good eater, but they try.

Review of Windber Woods

Overall, our experience was great! They are a bit short-staffed.

Review of Windber Woods

They have done a decent job and they are all wonderful with no complaints. Communications with rehab therapy are not up front and there is an insurance process. I do not know how to judge it. Every time I have been there she has had accidents but they do help and clean her. They are understaffed and the management is going through a transition. The nurses are fine. I have no complaints about the cleanliness. Communication has been confusing and it is not their fault.

Review of Windber Woods

I definitely would recommend this facility! The only problem I have is the parking. You are so far from the actual doors. He thinks the rehab therapists should be doing more. He seems satisfied now. One night, one girl talked with him and brought him a radio. He likes country music. Any questions I have they are glad to answer. When I call, the nurses are so helpful. I could not get over how great it is. Everything is so nice. He seems satisfied with the meals. He gets ice cream at night.

Review of Windber Woods

He did not like it there at all. He liked the therapy only. The nurses were alright. When I was there the cleanliness looked okay. It had a bad smell. He did not eat anything. They did not let me know anything. When I asked questions they answered them.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

Windber Woods is a very clean facility! Naturally, it is very hard to get used to a pureed food diet, however, he has not complained about it so I am assuming it is tasting good to him. You do not get too much information back from the people who care for him, but if he is doing well they say he is doing well. As far as communication there is room for improvement. The only problem is the nurses are inundated with so much that they cannot always get to you what you are asking for at the time.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The people that I have encountered, have been fabulous with my mom. The place has improved throughout the years. The cleanliness is so much better and there is no nursing home odor. The communication was good and they called when the doctor changed her medication.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

I was very pleased with the rehab therapy. They always had me ready on time in the morning for my appointments, which were not at a normal time for them, but it never was a problem. I was amazed at how everyone was friendly with each other. The girl cleaned the floor every day. The meals were fine too but I thought they gave me too much food. There was a little confusion about a medication and if I was supposed to take it.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The service is very, very good. The physical therapist was caring, friendly. The physical therapy department was pretty nice and not pushy. The nursing care and staff care was great and they were familiar with all of the people. I ate in my room and I was on a special diet but I did not get a whole lot of food.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

This is one of the better facilities. It is a homey place and most of the people are nice. The therapy is good and it is helping my wife. Most of the nurses are nice but a couple have a little attitude problem. It is pretty clean but the place is old. She is not complaining about the food and the meals are good. They call me on the phone and they are nice.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

Most of the nurses were good and the meals were not bad at all. The staff care was not good though. Whenever I ask for something they say "yeah, lemme check on that" and then they never come back. They only gave one shower per week, per patient and I need a shower more than once a week. They had a work crew in there for remodeling and the place was dirty. They were sanding the walls and all of that that came into my room and there were no air filters. My son addressed my concerns with the staff when he visited me. For a couple of days, I didn't receive one of my medications. When I asked about it the first day, they said that it wasn't in the information they got from the hospital.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They have always been good with my mom and I am very pleased with the care she receives there. Everybody seems to be so nice there and the nursing care is awesome. It is an older place but it is clean and they are doing a fine job. I like the food, it is good and nutritious. The communication is very good and they tell me everything that is going on. They answer my questions and the communication with the therapists is good.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The therapists did their job because it was evident that I got better. The nursing care was fine and it was clean. The food was fine as well. They always communicated with me.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The therapist is helping and doing everything they can to help my loved one walk again. That was impressive to see! The staff care was nice, awesome and impressive and they were really nice to her and me. I got to experience how the nurses’ aides come right away and explained what they were doing which was impressive. They are nice, care about the patients, are as sweet as pie and are so wonderful.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The admin keeps me well informed about my loved one.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are very concerned and loving and I have appreciated all their help so much. I appreciate that they put both of my loved ones close together! The housekeeping staff does a good job for what they have they have people that are incontinent. My mother's condition makes it so she doesn't really have an appetite.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

This is the second time she has been there. The help, attitudes and the therapy make it five star. I feel like they are going above and beyond. I am always greeted with hello or good bye. The admissions director goes above and beyond. She admitted my loved one after hours and she keeps me updated once to twice a week with her progress.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

My aunt likes some of the meals.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

I attended some of my wife's therapy sessions and it seems like they are doing a pretty good job with her. I was surprised by the meals because they were pretty good! There is a nurse that is lots of fun and he does his job very well. The housekeeping staff does a good job with the upkeep of the facility and the communication has been great. Although, some of the nurses and aides have sharp attitudes.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

My sister did well with the therapy sessions and she even liked the food! The downside is that some of her belongings went missing.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

I thought the therapist did a pretty good job with my mom. She did not complain about the meals. I believe they need more help down there. The girls were pretty tied up most of the time. The nurses would come in and do their job and leave shortly afterward. I didn't get any communication about my mom unless I pursued it.

Overall, it was good.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

It was nice but it's an overcrowded place. My mom liked the staff, they were really good to her. I wouldn't say it was the greatest food.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They have been terrific! They are short-handed but so kind to the residents. It really takes a special person to do that. The person in admissions I spoke with was very helpful she did a nice job. They tried to accommodate him but really he is so stubborn with his meals. They would replace the meal and he would not want the replacement.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

I thought that it was really clean and everyone was really nice. I haven't heard from anyone here since my loved one checked in. There are some aides that are really helpful but some that are not.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They all seem to be friendly.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They seem to take care of everybody. They are attentive and they treat him very well. I have no compliments they are taking care of him pretty well. It's an older building. He eats anything. They are really attentive. If I have any questions I asked them.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They've done everything I've asked. The activities department is great! The building is older, and they are in the process of redoing some stuff. I like how they take them all together for the meals.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one just really doesn't like being in there and she doesn't like the food. The main thing is when people have to go to the bathroom, they don't come quick enough. The meals don't taste good to her at all.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses and aides were just wonderful with my dad. There were times when staffing was short and slow. For the most part they took care of him and he recovered quickly. The therapy was excellent and they had him up and walking. It was intense and hard on him but they got him up and moving right away. He was doing exercises the second day he was there .There was a nurse and cannot remember her name and she worked during the day and she is from a different country with black hair. She would joke with my dad and talk with us. They kept in touch with us and made sure we knew what is going on. They were all very helpful with talking with us about his care.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

My husband seems to be happy with it.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The people are very hospitable, caring and attentive. The nurses and staff are very good. If you needed them they were right there. The admitting director was good. I thought it was very clean.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The therapists are great up there! I don't know their names at this point but so far one of the staff who helps in the afternoons has been helpful along with the blonde lady with the ponytail.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

When she does ask a question, it would take a long time for her to get an answer. They are kind of thin on the help there. They are always friendly. They are pretty good. Every time I call, they give me updates.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They gave me updates. I was in contact with the registrar and she was good.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They have gotten better. I wish they had more nurses and help on his floor. The meals seem to be very well done. He seems to enjoy it. When he first arrived I was very disappointed in the way he was taken care of.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The staff are very informative. The nurses are very nice and polite. My mom likes the meals. The care overall is average. It's so understaffed, it is sad.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They were accommodating. They do have do have a conscientious staff and it's a nice setting there. The building is warm and welcoming. They did try to deal with my wife's needs. If you need to speak to somebody you could. In some ways they were accommodating to my wife and her needs, and in other ways they were not. I was also disappointed that there was no communication to the other facility she was at. The nurses are fine. They follow doctors’ orders as they should. I never saw the nurses’ aides offering her water. It was mixed. Some are very friendly and others were quick to get an attitude.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

So far they have been very helpful and explain everything they are doing with her. I know they are taking good care of my mom. Anyone working with her calls me.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

Like everything they have been doing, jumping to it and they get right on it. I am very satisfied with them. They painted my dad's room today and it is great. I'm all happy with everything there. They help me or get someone to help me. They are very friendly. Their communication is great. We've just had a meeting, and all the staff and willing to listen to questions and get answers.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

Everything was great. Windber Woods was very good and they did everything possible that they could do. They did a good job with therapy and my wife participated real good. Everybody took care of everyone there professionally like they should. Everything was excellent and everybody did their job. The people I asked for help did not always know how to help and had to have someone else to help. I wondered why did you answer the bell to say you are not allowed to help.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses were there every time dad needed them. It is very clean. He ate most of everything.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The administration is very good. They are very good at communication.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The rehab therapy was excellent!

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

Mom liked the meals. She has issues not being able to walk on her own. They were not moving her or paying attention to her. She was always in bed or a jerry chair and not much interaction with other patients. It is an older facility but clean.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are great and very helpful. The food is not good and there is never hot water in her bathroom. I think they could keep it a little cleaner. Today she had a toasted cheese sandwich and it was burnt so she could not eat it.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

One nurse was excellent but other than that they couldn't care less. I lost a week of rehab. They made a feeble attempt and the rehab staff was nice. I signed myself out. It was dirty. The staff disrespected and treated my roommate badly. Oatmeal was so cold you could slice it in chunks . No protein, and no paid nutritionist.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

Windber Woods just had great care and the people are really great and it’s a very nice place. There was a nurse who was especially great and the whole staff terrific. Everything is very clean. Their communication was very good. The Admissions Director helped me a lot and she was excellent.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

There are few nurses that are really special that take time and talk to you from the heart. However when you press the call button you need a nurse to be there to help you. The staff are all friendly. I don't think they push my husband hard enough in rehab. If he says he is tired they say okay. I don't want him to give up. Their communication is very good. They call and keep me updated.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They have been very good at reaching out with phone calls. However my dad is not pleased with his room - it does not have a television and he feels isolated.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

So far we are pleased with our experience at Windber Woods! The only concern we have had so far we voiced and the issue has since been addressed. Our concern pertained to one of the nurses not delivering her medication on time however it has improved. The staff is very professional! The facility is very clean!

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

I'd recommend Windber Woods to a friend!

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

My mother is having a good experience in the rehab at Windber Woods.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

I'd recommend Windber Woods rehab.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

It has been great. The office communicates really well. The environment workers do well and it is well run. So far this is way better than any other rehab. They did more in one day than they did in one week at the other facility. I appreciate all of the staff. It is very clean. It is nice to see things kept up and orderly. She said the meals are good.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

My mom was well taken care of and taken to the sun rooms. She liked the rehab. From what I saw the nurses did their job. She was satisfied. The lady at the front office admissions communicated really well. They served meals frequently and on time.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

Overall the experience is pretty good. The nursing care is very good. The staff are very friendly. The facility is very clean and well kept. The meals are always on time.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They have done everything my loved one wanted. The staff were all good.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

All of the staff were nice. I was happy with the nursing care but not happy with the coordination between the PT and the nursing department. The therapy people were good. However my dad was in bed most of the time and the nurses didn't encourage him to get out of bed. The staff did call and did help when we needed anything.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

My mother really likes the staff there. She never said anything negative about the staff. I think it is pretty good. If I had a question they answered me. It seems pretty clean. She was a little unhappy with the food, there's no flavor.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The therapists are enthusiastic, positive, and working with my mom. The occupational therapy is not is as important. I would rather see the regular therapy for walking. They are very friendly and positive but it is not perfect. There are times she is tired and wants in her bed and gets left in wheelchair. The longer you are there, the less they pay attention to you. My mother seems to like the food.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

They have a great activities department and that is so important. The staffing is above average based on what they told me in the interview and I do not see any problems. I think the therapy is very good. I talked with the therapist. I like the nurse and she encourages her to eat. She communicates well and is easy to talk to. The staff were really busy but they are very attentive. It is very clean and no dust bunnies. The bathrooms are always clean.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The staff care is great. The therapists did a good job with my mother. We had a couple issues with the night nurses and the administrator took care of it right then and there. They let me know every mark or sore she got. They called me and told me everything, and their communication was great. The staff are always cleaning. It is one of the cleanest nursing homes ever seen and they have a good reputation. The meals were good and they were very accommodating to her. The nursing care was good. A couple night nurses were rude to her, the 1st and 2nd shifts were good to her.

Review of Windber Woods Senior Living & Rehabilitation Center

The staff care was pretty good. I like the admissions director. The nurses were pretty good but there were not enough of them. The lady at the front desk always smiled and the staff were all good. Some were a little cranky. The therapists did not help enough. I was not real happy and they let my mother sit too much. They would not let her walk around and her legs were swollen. My mother said the food was edible though and I did not see any dirt around.

Windber Woods Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center provides caring and compassionate care with the latest in rehabilitative technology.

We are Medicare and Medicaid certified for all 127 beds. We offer both short-term rehabilitation for skilled nursing and post-acute therapy and long-term placement for those residents who require a full time care environment.

You and your family are invited to enjoy our engaging dining services and recreation activities. Our residents are given ample opportunity for the highest quality of life along with premier skilled nursing care.