Best Fit

The family could not be more pleased with this community it was the right choice for my mother in law. She is enjoying the activities they offer and meeting new people and making new friends. The staff is very nice and helpful. The community is always clean and looking good. My mother in law is liking the food very much.

Mom's Great Care

This is an outstanding community for my mom. She is happy here and likes the staff. The community is clean with a good environment. The menu has a lot of choices of good healthy meals. She likes the activities that are offered. We would highly recommend the care of this community for the care of a loved one.

They are so good with my Grandmother

My grandmother has had a rough time with her transition here but the staff and management have been very flexible and accommodating with her. My grandmother is not much on going to the dining room she does do breakfast there every morning and the one thing she really loves is having her hair done every week. This community is just beautiful the staff is friendly and caring and I have already recommended it to several of my friends.

Family is Pleased with Mothers Move to this Community

My mother is doing great with her move to this community. It has been a rough transition, but we do feel she is in good in community. At this community the residents are able to still keep their independence, and have access too help if they needed. The staff is fabulous, they are very kind, and friendly. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. We are pleased with all they have done for us, this is a facility I would recommend, the experience is going well our family.

Very clean very bright rooms, nice grounds, good activities. Will work with you on price.

Wonderful Community

My mother is doing well here at White Oaks. This is wonderful community, and I'am comfortable with her move here. I know she is safe, and in good hands at this facility. The staff is great, they have been kind, and helpful. It has been a good experience, and I would recommend this community. It is a really nice place.

My parents happy care

this is a nice place for both my parents. The staff is nice and were wonderful with the new adjustment from them moving in. There are a lot of changes. They are not haveing management available 24/7, This has been a big change in the community. This is an impact for everyone. We knew that this was going to happen when we moved into the community. The are working on improving the meals with a new chef. The community is clean. There are not staff members at night. They do offer an emergency way to reach out to 911. The residents are having to adjust to this. The staff is great and the manager goes out of his way. I would highly recommend this to all families for great care and value.

This facility was not a good fit for my Mom. During our visit, we truly did not see many residents. The residents we did see were wheelchair bound, and not very communicative, nor were they socializing with each other. This did not to be a very active community.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to share these thoughts with us. The staff at White Oaks take our reviews very seriously, and we appreciate very much your reaching out to share your feedback around your tour with us. We also appreciate you taking the time to visit, and wish you the best of luck in your search!

Independent Living!!

The care needs for my mother had changed and unfortunately the community could no longer assist in the proper care she needed. They did always try their best the staff were nice. Her room was always cleaned and the meals were great. I felt she was in a protected place which was very important.

A perfect score for White Oaks!!

I met Stephanie when we went to tour. She was wonderful when she showed us around and explained everything. She is definitely there for the residents and the families, as she is a great asset to the community. I had the chance to try some of the meals at this community and they are very good. If for some reason the resident does not like what they ordered the staff will bring out another option. The chef also comes out and talks to the residents to get their opinion on the food. Sometimes there is music playing during meals. While my Aunt is very active, she has not yet participated in any of the activities offered. I would definitely recommend White Oaks, as I feel very relaxed and comfortable with her there. I would also like to thank A Place for Mom for making this a wonderful experience during a difficult time.

In a good place

As much as the quality of the food is touted at the White Oaks website, having dined with my mother who lives there, I can say the food is just "okay", I wouldn't describe it as anything else.
The portions are small, and it looks appetizing, and I'm sure it's nutritious, but the flavor and texture leaves a lot to be desired. The times I've eaten there I didn't even finish the meal. Somebody who works there with authority, should really look into the quality of the food.

The staff is friendly and were very accommodating. Especially during the process of moving in.
Because it's an "independent living" and not "assisted living" community, any care your loved one might needs has to come from a third party. Luckily, in Manchester there are several companies to choose from.

There are plenty of activities and transportation is available.
All in all I think it's going to be a good move for my mom.

Existing to Exuberant!

Staff are the most caring individuals we've met in a long time! It's emotional to see the transformation in our Mom. She's gone from existing to exuberant in just a few days! In her words, "I wish I had moved here sooner!"

Perfect Place To Be

This has turned out to be the perfect place for my friend although he is still adjusting. The place is always in good shape inside and out and I am even welcomed to walk my dog when I come to visit. The staff are very sweet and responsive and always have a willingness to help. The food is very good and what i really like is that its reasonably priced. The staff have been encouraging him to socialize and I'm sure that with time he'll make that step. I'm hoping he'll join the residents today for some poker! Fingers crossed!

we had to move my aunt and everyone has been very friendly and helpful. the food is very great. we have absolutely no complaint

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday's Home Office. Thank you so much for your kind words! I love to hear about new residents who are happy with their choice to live in a Holiday community, so thank you for taking the time to review White Oaks.

Thanks again,
Katie

A Nice Place if you are Healthy and can Afford It

Continual turnover of management is a problem. Healthcare aides are available but are contracted with an outside service, but aides are caring and professional. if more care is needed for your loved one, use an outside to help you, as charges can add up to point of unreasonableness. Price increases are made without notice, so keep an eyes on costs. White Oaks is a beautiful building, residents seem happy but turnover is of residents is also noticeable. Not sure how patients could be evacuated in case of fire as there is one elevator and most cannot use stairs. Overall, if your loved one is healthy, has funds to pay for private residential senior living, it is a nice community to live in. The food is good and portions are reasonable for elderly.

Beautiful and friendly place

The staff is friendly and helpful but the turnover of managers is troubling. They are nice and you get to know them and then they are gone. The food is excellent, small portions but nutritional and some variety. There is only one elevator for residents to use which creates quite a backlog and no one has provided a plan in case of fire. Stairs may not be appropriate for some with disabilities. Kitchen and serving help are patient and nice. Additional services such as part-time aides can be expensive so if a loved one cannot live totally independently, another level of care may be more cost effective. Small community of seniors who seem to care very much about each other. If independent living is needed but in a safer environment, this is the type of place to look for.

This was a very charming place with very nice rooms. The only drawback was that they were very short staffed for lunch. We arrived at 12:30 and didn't leave til 2:00. It may have been just a bad day, but overall I did like the place.

A Little Pricey, But Worth It

It is a little pricey. The services are wonderful though. It is very modern and very well-kept. The grounds are beautiful and the apartment my parents have is huge. I can't complain about anything, except it is just a little expensive. The staff is willing to work with you and have gone above and beyond to help out. They really step up when the need too. Everyone seems very caring. The food looks wonderful, they have a restaurant style dining area.

My friend is very happy here.

My friend is very happy here. The whole experience has been a positive one.

The right decision

White Oaks has transformed my Aunt's whole demeanor. She transitioned quickly to her new home, has made many new friends, is involved in may activities, and is overall very happy. The staff here is always welcoming, smiling, greets me every time I come to visit, and is truly concerned for the health and happiness of my aunt. It was not an easy decision initially, but the staff helped us every step of the way - it was the best decision ever and I couldn't be more satisfied!

Sonny was an excellent host! He was very versed in everything we questioned and new more about some things we hadn't even thought about. He showed us several apartments, treated us to lunch (it was very good), there is an apartment for out of town family to stay (that's awesome..my sister would be comfortable there) and the option of my dad being able to stay in a sister establishment in another state is also a major plus.

Good and Bad

I have mixed feelings about White Oaks. Mostly good, but a few things bad.

I'd like to start with the bad. Parking to visit my mother is often a nightmare. I wish the employees did not park in the front. There have been times when I just left instead of visiting because there was no parking. Also, I think some of the stained upholstery should be replaced. The front walk is eroding which seems like a law suit waiting to happen - old people with balance issues...

But here is the Good, and it is so good that it outweighs the Bad. Everyone is very nice. I feel that my mother is safe and secure and the food is excellent. I love the fact that the visiting nurses are on site. It is very attractive and homey.

I think more could have been done to make her feel more welcome in the beginning. I think there should be a mandatory "Newcomers" club for the first 3 mos - meeting once a week right before the noon meal and offering some small activity. I think the new people would bond with one another.

admin admin

Hi, my name is Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement’s Home Office. First, thank you so much for leaving a sincere review. I’m glad that your mother is having an overall positive experience at White Oaks but definitely want to address your concerns and see if there’s anything I can do to help. I passed your review onto our Corporate Health and Safety Manager to address the front walkway. I also shared your review with our Resident Relations department as it concerns to parking and general décor updates. Please know that you’re welcome to contact them as well at [removed].

Go elsewhere

Some of the kitchen and wait staff are great and so friendly. However, the staff seems to turnover quite frequently which would indicate a management problem. The food lacks in quality and I would expect more for the cost.

Nice place overall!

White Oaks has done a great job so far, I like them very much. The staff could not be friendlier, and they do a great job keeping the facility looking clean and well kept. I've had the chance to try the meal service a few times myself, and the food is fine. One issue I've heard my loved ones complain about is that sometimes the laundry facilities will be in use by the staff and not available for the residents, which can be inconvenient.

really liked it but 1bdrm t...

really liked it but 1bdrm too expensive for me

All that glitters is not gold

After my husband's stroke, we moved to White Oaks for 20 months as we needed a handicapped bathroom. Weekly housekeeping "services" were 19 minutes each week, which was to cover changing all linen, sanitizing the bathroom and vacumning carpets. Windows/curtains were never washed, carpets never cleaned. All resident linen was washed in a home type washer in COLD water, with linen jammed in. There were THREE norvirus outbreaks in the 20 months we were there. On two such occassions, after we had been quaratined for 3 days there were additional reported "cases", my conclusion they had to be staff related. The food is only acceptable, with very long wait times in the dining room. Servers in the dining room went to cleaning rooms, then back to the dining room. Management staff was often not helpful, during snow storms unreasonable wait times to be shoveled out, in spite of medical necessity.

We loved this place - if we...

We loved this place - if we had to move Mom today, this would be the place we'd move her to. From the minute we walked in we felt welcome, by both the friendly residents & the staff, especiall Nikki,who was just wonderful - she spent over an hour with us, giving us a complete tour & telling us all about the place. It is our #1 choice right now, & we hope to make a decision shortly.

Quality deteriorating

Since the present managers took over, the focus seems to be more on outward appearance than concern for the residents and staff. The previous (excellent) chef was fired and since then the food quality has been poor and servings skimpy. Hopefully new managers will be appointed that will restore the previous warm environment. The activity program is excellent, and the staff is delightful.

Very nice setting

It's well situated (near restaurants, shopping etc.) and has very nice amenities. Wish the management staff was more professional, but they are kindhearted. The management offices should be better staffed.

White Oaks was lovely. Wha...

White Oaks was lovely. What struck me most was how friendly everyone I met was. It would appear as though the employees truly enjoy what they do. I really couldn't find any drawbacks to the community.

My mom is living here.

Great staff. Very clean facility. Good size apartments. Food that my mom says is wonderful.

Staff is accomodating, friendly and knows everyone by name.

Solid Four out of Five

Overall - I would say, from what I've seen, I guess four out of 5.
They're outstanding.
They're giving good service.
Everything's subcontracted out but I'd give the care services a four.
My parents aren't involved in any activities yet, but the residents seem happy. My parents moved in about four weeks ago.

we were impressed with everything the...

we were impressed with everything they offer and their staff was vary professional.

Situated on beautiful grounds in the charming community of Manchester, you’ll love tOur caring and dedicated live-in managers want to make your experience here truly special, and you’ll wish you’d come home to us sooner.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind