Whispering Oaks - Hermitage, PA

Fabulous

The staff are wonderful, compassionate, caring, helpful and encouraging. The food is great and my brother has started to participate in some of the daily activities. He has made friends. They clean his apartment, change his sheets and wash his towels weekly. The community and the grounds are well taken care of. The community is extremely well run. There is a warmth from the residents to accept new residents. I would recommend this community.

A good fit so far...

My loved one seems to be doing good since his move to the Whispering Oaks. His apartment is a good size, it's actually bigger than what he was expecting. He is enjoying the movie nights and interaction with other residents. He is very happy with the food, he gets 3 meals a day.

Excellent Choice!!

The Whispering Oaks was a great choice for my loved one. He seems to be doing very well here. The staff is doing a wonderful job, they are very comforting and I am happy to have the peace of mind that he is being well taken care of. The meals are excellent, they are in good portions and I know he is getting what he needs out or each meal. His room is comfortable and I am happy with the layout. The community has a large walk area and my loved one was able to take his dog to live with him. I am glad we chose this place.

Community is very clean!

The meals provided in the cafeteria are good. The community is very clean and they clean my fathers unit once a week including all linens. They do offer limited transportation. My dad engages in the Church Service and Veterans Group. They offer many activities at Whispering Oaks like musical bands. The staff and residents are very kind to my dad.

Whispering Oaks Assisted Living Apts

Whispering Oaks was unbelievable! They made the transition hopeful and painless, for both resident and family supporting resident. Moreover, they helped make it happen when there were obstacles. Great facility, and great staff. Highly recommend!

Whispering Oaks

Whispering Oaks (WO) is an Independant Living community with dining services included in the price. You can hire nursing care for about $8.50/30 minutes, but that is completely separate from WO. This is important, because that means WO does not accept Medicare.

WO is very clean and extremely well-maintained. The cleaning staff have worked there for several years and some over a decade. One person is assigned to each resident so they get to know them and trust them. They are all very nice and keep an eye out for any concerns with a resident.

WO has a resident-run association that welcomes and mentors new residents. My mom didn't have to search out a place to sit in the dining room because her association member sits with her and slowly introduces her to other residents. This is really, really nice and makes the transition here so much easier. The association also advises the management of resident concerns and ideas for improvement. More importantly, managements acts upon this feedback!

The residents at WO are happy! No one is sitting around looking bored or grumpy.

The food is outstanding! I have personally ate 5-6 meals with my mom and it was delicious every time. The Chef holds a meeting with residents once a month to hear what they liked or didn't like. He will also take your favorite family recipe and create a meal!

The activities are nothing special and include rummy, bingo, silver sneakers exercise, bus trips, movies, classes, etc. There is no "gym equipment" or pool. Residents can suggest new activities or start one like a book club or bridge club.

Everyone who works here is really nice. I highly recommend it!

This is the best review

Far exceded expectations. Feel great knowing that his mother is here and well taken care of.

It was a very positive experience with Whispering Oaks. They accommodated us very well, and couldn't have been more helpful or friendly, and I would highly recommend them.

This is an adult living facility in which they provide good atmosphere for independant living, but do not offer a lot of 1x1 care for the residents. If the person needs help with care services, such as medication, they will give you a list of people you can hire for a fee.

I have nothing negative to say about ...

I have nothing negative to say about Whispering Oaks. My parents love it there. We're satisfied with the staff, the facility is beautiful, and clean. My parents live the meals. Overall, we're pleased with their services.

Great community, and provided the care we need

We're pleased with this community so far. It was able to accept our two loved ones, despite their differing levels of care. Everyone has been very friendly, and it is a nice looking place. It's got a very nice environment and atmosphere, unlike some others that we have looked at.

The Whole Package!

“Whispering Oaks” had the whole package of what we were looking for. They do everything really well and the food is also very good as well.

A very nice place, clean, residents s...

A very nice place, clean, residents seem happy and very friendly.

Situated in the charming community of Hermitage, you’ll love the graceful elegance of our facilities while enjoying the convenience of the nearby town. We’re close to shopping, dining, golfing, healthcare and wonderful, unique regional attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind