Walker Place - Shelbyville, IN

Walker Place - Shelbyville, IN has yet not published prices.

Review of Walker Place

I enjoy all the activities and the staff is kind to me.

Review of Walker Place

Love living here, so much fun!

Review of Walker Place

Appreciate the people and staff. attentive and caring, though I could use more fresh fruit.

Review of Walker Place

At first I wondered if I had made the right choice but within a week I knew I had found the right place for me. The staff is great and they have shown me a lot of love and care that I need.

Review of Walker Place

Been living at WP for 3 + years & truly love this community. The staff and residents are the best. It truly is like our family.

Review of Walker Place

Wonderful place, clean, friendly + a happy home for the residents.

Review of Walker Place

The people are great + nice they are friendly. It's nice and clean.

Review of Walker Place

The staff treats me well and the other residents.

People are fine.

a nice place to live!

Assisted Living: Walker Place

I have been here for almost six years, and have had five different directors. In this time there have been many changes some good and others not so good.

The last year, under new staff, including the director, nursing, maintenance, housekeeping, and the kitchen staff my experience has been astonishing.

The director has hired an amazing chef, someone who can take the food presented by the company and make meals that are tasty and hot when served; which is not an easy task.

Walker Place is clean, safe and when problems come up, they are taken care of ASAP.

The whole staff, in most part, take the extra step in their caregiving, which can be challenging with about 40 residents.

I am grateful for Walker Place and a proud resident.

Care at Walker Place

When a family such as ours is forced to accept the reality that a loved one requires living with the assistance of others, we unite and search for the best possible environment for our loved one; an environment that encompasses growth, compassion, respect and, most importantly, love. During a time of great need and uncertainty and desiring to make the very best decisions for our loved one, we prayed for God's guidance and were led to Walker Place and its facility director, Susan Roberts.

Walker Place has been a beacon of light to our family and especially to our mother. The level of care and empathy for Mom's needs and quality of life is paramount to Susan Roberts and the entire Walker Place Staff.

Mom is viewed as a true family member by all, and is cared for with the utmost grace and love. Having the staff go the “extra mile” for her is commonplace in
Mom's daily life experiences at Walker Place. Susan Roberts is almost always on site, ensuring that the ship is sailing smoothly and that any and all issues, whether large or small, are dealt with in a timely fashion. In addition, after hours, I have personally found Susan to be just a phone call or text away.

Suffice it to say, our family sleeps better at night with the knowledge that Mom is safe and under the caring, watchful eyes of people that love and respect her. We are forever indebted to Susan Roberts and the entire staff of Walker Place for providing our mother with the loving quality of life that she so richly deserves.

I like this community

This is a nice clean community. The people here are friendly and helpful. This is a lock down community and it seems geared more towards residents with memory issues.

Some bugs to Work, but It is Nice

The rooms are very nice and the residents are able to make it as homey as they want to, they can make it personal. It's a big transition for folks who have lived on their own for a long time. It's a great place when everyone shows up for work and it's very frustrating when they don't. Sometimes they are just understaffed. My parents like the residents

My overall experience with Walker Place has been Wonderful. They are a very 'caring, loving, family oriented community.

Am well satisfied with the overall care & Walker Home's outgoing friendliness to patrons as well as guests.