Vista Springs Washington Place - Washington Township, MI

My loved one is thriving here

I really appreciate A Place for Mom for recommending this facility, it’s amazing to have someone reach out and help. We also toured many many places, but this location was the best fit. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating, they’re a good bunch of people, and they go above and beyond for their residents. They are also very friendly and welcoming. When we walked in they welcomed my father and I with balloons and baskets. Their facility is very clean and their staff team is in there cleaning all the time. I can’t complain about that. My father has no complaints on their food either and he isn’t the most easiest to please. He is actually thriving here and he is doing things that he has never done before. They provide activities like balloon volleyball, crafts, and card games. The other residents that participate are also friendly and welcoming. The staff sends out messages on our phones every day of what activities are going on that day. Those messages also updates us on what he accomplished, what he hasn’t, if he participated or not, and it’s pretty cool to keep track on things like that. What was also a plus is that the staff team gave me and my other relatives key fobs so we are able to visit any time. They told us “this is your parent, here are your key fobs, you should be able to see him any time you like, we have nothing to hide”. This is really accommodating because my relatives run on different schedules so it’s accommodating for us to have this available to us. Other places that we visited, we had to be buzzed in after visiting hours. Here, there are no restrictions to go visit our parent. We have already recommended this location and the services from A Place for Mom to others that are looking into care options.

She is Settling in Nicely

My mother has been here for two weeks, and this is the second time she has been here. She sustained some injuries the last time she was here because she would get out of bed and try to do things she really needs help with. Now she has a bed alarm she can use when she needs assistance. She seems happier and more secure this time around, and she seems to be settling in nicely.

I know mom is safe here

This is a newer community and they are a very caring and friendly community. All of the staff make sure they say hi when you're there, they interact with the residents and the families so well, and the community is set-up so that memory care is not hidden away. My mom has a very nice room, she likes going to the dining area and the food is pretty good. Everything thing is secured and the families have access using special keys so that they can come and go when visiting without having to wait on being buzzed in and out. The memory care does special outings, there are activities to keep the residents busy and they have a beautiful secured courtyard where they can go outside and sit. I would recommend a tour here for both the memory care and the assisted living.