Vista de la Montaña - Surprise, AZ

I knew this place was the one right from the start

I live here currently and I love it! I love that they treat everyone so nicely. Everyone is so polite and the servers in the dining room immediately know your first name and make sure to pay attention to what you want. The food is about 95% perfect. I’ve had a few things that I didn’t like much, but they’re so willing to exchange things if you don’t like it. Other than that, the food has always been good and it’s nice that they’re able to bend a little bit to accommodate your needs. They’re just as sweet as they can be. I’ve also had a lot of interaction with the assistant manager and he helps wherever he’s needed. There was a time when there were a few people from the dining room that were out sick and he stayed every night until 7:30 just helping out and then finishing his own work. I think he’s my favorite out of the whole bunch. They call me by my first name and have been doing so since my second day here. It really makes you feel like you belong and I feel right at home. Even the other residents here are so easy to get along with; they want to meet you and make sure you’re enjoying the place. This was the only place that called me and made an appointment for me. I came in and right from the moment I stepped in, I was comfortable. I’ve never felt like a stranger here.

Toured the facility, had lunch and it was excellent, had lunch with a resident ambassador. Clean, residents were happy and staff engaged with them. Would have chosen if closer to family.

Enjoyable Tour!!

I have no complaints of how things had went during my tour of this community for my self. The staff where on time to my tour and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked how clean the property was and the spacious dinning room they had available. It was just not the right location for me in the end decision.

Comfortable environment

My mother is still adjusting but I think she's doing okay. I like that all the rooms offer a patio.It's a nice space she can go outside and enjoy. They offer transportation on Sundays to church and take them to Wal-Mart on Wednesdays. I haven't had much interaction with the staff.They were very friendly and helpful during the admission process. When I come to pick her up the dining room staff always offers me coffee or food which is thoughtful.

Care is good but food needs work

They are very nice here. The only complaints my mom has is the food isn't very good and the housekeeping doesn't come in often enough.

Stay is going fine.

My loved one's stay is going fairly well! The facility is nice and the staff is very friendly and they are sure to provide appropriate care for my loved one. Our primary concern was the fact that the meals are not very good, and the way that they run the dining room during meal times is rather odd. Overall, this is a fine facility.

Our Family Sees Dad is Cared For

It is good to know that this community has been able to provided everything my dad needs. It has been good so far. From what my brother says dad is doing well and he likes the community. He is eating very well and the staff are bringing him his meals because he is not well enough to go to the dining area.

A great place!

It has been a bit of an adjustment since my mother moved in but things are going well. I would recommend this facility because the staff is very nice. So far, I have been very impressed. We went with this community because it was at a good price and we liked what they had to offer.

Not so much

While the residents themselves are pretty friendly, management is another story. The new assistant manager (as of 11/16) is pretty good - visible, helpful, engaged. The manager is a [Removed]. He generally hides out at his (back) desk in the office and generally acts like he doesn't like people or his job.
Most anyone could do the job the activities director does. Basically, she puts out a calendar that doesn't vary at all from week to week or month to month. It has been the same forever. Afternoon activities, which never vary, begin at 1:45, Listed activities are shown week after week, even if nobody shows up for them. Clearly a case of someone putting in her time, but not too worried about whether or not she is being effective for her clientele.
Care services, which are contracted separately, are adequate.
My mom chose this facility based solely on location. We should have vetoed it. We visited other facilities (owned by the same company) that had engaged, caring management, and proactive and responsive activities director. We simply screwed up by choosing Vista de la Montana.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, I'd like to thank you for sharing this piece of feedback with us. We are so happy to hear the residents are friendly and that the assistant manager is visible, helpful and engaged. It's wonderful to hear, in fact! We'd like to learn more from you about your other comments, however. If you can, we'd love for you to give our Resident Relations team a call. It is confidential and an avenue that exists just for this type of situation. We hope you will give it a call or get in touch with us so we can learn more! Our Resident Relations team can be reached by phone at [removed], or email at [removed]. Thank you so much again for sharing this feedback with us. We hope to hear from you soon so we can try to work together and improve this situation for you.

Wonderful Apartment Amenities!!

The thing I was most impressed with at this community is the amazing apartment that came available for my parents. The apartment is a two bedroom two bath open floor plan with lots of windows to allow lots of natural light throughout the bedrooms. There is a full kitchen as well as a washer and dryer as well. I am also very pleased with the company Holiday, they are the ones who run this facility and have really made sure that my parents are satisfied and accommodate any suggestions I have for them.

We like it!!

The staff have been good so far. The community is clean and well maintained. They offer activities as well as some outings. The breakfast is great. Lunch is the large meal and it is good. I would recommend this community.

A community I would recommend for Mom!

Very friendly staff and residents very welcoming. Clean common areas. Fast response to maintenance requests. Good value. Management mingles with the residents and gets to know them. They strive to keep same staff with each resident so they build a relationship and residents feel comfortable with the people who enter their apartments to clean etc. we researched many communities and would not have mom live just anywhere. Here she can be as active as she likes as they have many , many activities and are open to suggestions. Very happy!

Happy Aunt!!

The Vista de la Montana is a wonderful place. My aunt has been engaging in some of their activities. During our tour we also got to see many of the residents that looked very happy while engaging in the activities. The hairdresser does a great job. The chef cooks some very good food. Our first visit was our tour we had a complimentary meal and it was very good. It would be nice if her room was a little bigger but overall everything is great.

Absolutely Awesome

Vista de la Montana has provided us with such a great experience during this tough transitioning period. Mom is a newer resident and still trying to adjust. Since she's moved in she has participated in a few activities although she really likes to play Bingo. Since Mom isn't really a social butterfly, Bingo is really the only activity she participates in on her own. She likes the food and the staff have made it a point to make sure she knows all she has to do is ask and she will receive when it comes to snacks and meals throughout the day. The community is very clean and the staff are absolutely amazing! I would most definitely recommend the place.

Nice Independent Living Community

My mother is doing very well at this community and I am pleased. She is trying new activities and meeting new people. Everyone here is very friendly and kind. They have a very nice staff, and they have been very helpful. The meals are great, they have an excellent chef here. They could do a little better with the cleanliness of the community. There are many activities for her to choose from. She is still able to maintain her independence at this community. It has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend it.

VISTA DE LA MONTANA

My Mom and I visited here in January. Mom didn't have any intention of moving to a "retirement" center. She was so impressed after our great tour with Scott. We had a great lunch with one of their ambassadors. Saw everything we could imagine and she moved in a month later. She has been there almost 6 weeks and has adapted better than any of us could expect. She is happy, making friends, and more active than she has been for years. Exactly what my sister and I were hoping for. We both live far away and were very concerned about her health, safety, and welfare. Now we know she has someone warching out for her. It has taken a load off our shoulders. We feel this place is very clean and was reasonably priced. We went to 5 other places during my visit in January. All were nice, but Vista de la Montana fit all of our Mom's needs. We are thankful for the help from 'A PLACE FOR MOM"

Friendly staff

They communicate well here and if we have any issues they do try and resolve them quickly. The facility is nothing special, but very clean. The staff is friendly and competent. There seem to be a good amount of activities to keep the residents involved and not complacent.

Everyone has been extremely supportive during the complete process of moving my father to Vista de la Montana. I can't thank them enough. He is happy living there and has met many new friends. It's a very comforting feeling knowing he is in a great place and is happy. Thank you!

VEry nice. Definitely a place for my mom. Howver, they had nothing available. Judy suggested Vista Del Rio.

Price change

I didn't have a lot of experience. My dad lived there for 2 months. He was needing a lot more care and we had to chose a different facility because the price was going to go up. The price went up for his stay because he needed a lot of care. so we changed the location.

So Far, So Good

My loved one seems to be doing well there at Vista De La Montana. She likes the people and the meals and the activities and if there are ever any issues they are prompt at getting back to me and letting me know. So far, so good.

It is a nice place and my grandmother seems happy there.

I think everything was okay. They were not real friendly at first, but it is getting better. My loved one is not real crazy about the food, but I realize it is hard to satisfy everyone with that large of a group.

The common areas were very nice but the apartments were small and only have kitchenettes due to the 3 meals a day that are provided. Not much storage in the apartments either. The whole place was very quiet with not much activity going on while we were there. The staff did seem very pleasant though.

It's clean and staff are friendly. Some of the food is not very aappetizing. The activities that are schedule are at most times cancelled on the residents at the last minute. The price that the residents pay to live here is kind of costly but the are paying for the amenities which includes the food cleanliness and activities. So if you improve on the food and the activities not being cancelled at last minute I think the residents would be a lot happier.

Hi Michele,
I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. First, thank you for your sincere review. I'm very sorry to hear that resident activities are being canceled. We'd like to learn more about that, especially since a robust activities calendar is a part of the Holiday lifestyle. Can you please call our Resident Relations department at [removed] at your convenience? I've also passed your review onto them.

Katie

very happy here!

I have been very pleasantly surprised by the people who live here. So many of them are active and happy and going places and doing things. The meals are excellent, good quality and lots of variety.

One thing that has bothered me is that one of the two washers on our wing has been out of order for about six weeks now.

I have asthma and the air circulation here is very good, which is one of the reasons I chose this place. I am very happy here!

Life at Vista de la Montana

Very nice, friendly place. Now I know how all my rescue dogs must have felt after they came home with me. Food is taken care of, weekly cleaning services provided all in a climate controlled and lovely place. Swim when I want and the hot tub is a plus. Activities are abundant, as I cannot do all that offered as there are so many. Have a view of the White Tank Mountains from my apartment window which makes for a beautiful beginning and ending to my days here. Have discovered that a studio provides all the room I need.

All in all, this is a great place for an active 74 year old lady.

Holiday Retirement

Hi! I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you SO much for your sincere review! We're always delighted to hear about our residents' positive experiences.

Thank you again for your review and know that we appreciate you!
Katie

A Great Choice

I was in a hurry to find an appropriate place for my uncle to move from another state. He had been living independently but struggling alone.
Vista de la Montana offered a clean, bright, friendly, conveniently located and affordable option with excellent food and accommodating management & staff.
This is a great property for individuals looking for a transition home that allows flexibility & add-on services when and if needed.
I recommend it to those seeking this type of home in the Surprise AZ area.

The people are friendly and it's a really nice place

Mom hates it and wants to leave. The food is okay she doesn't always like it, but it's okay. The people are friendly and it's a really nice place, clean and everything. She just doesn't like spending the money it costs. I think it's nice and I would recommend it.

very impressed

My sister and I both were very impressed with the place. I even told my husband that we should move there! My mother is there now, and she is very happy. It was a big adjustment, but she is doing well and loves the food. I have no complaints. It's been a good experience and I would highly recommend Vista De La Montana.

Charming Place

we moved our parents there. we are very happy with their services. hen you walk in the front door, you'll see all the lights. it's very charming and friendly. Their food is absolutely delicious. I can't wait to get old enough to live here. it's fabulous. The staff is caring and professional. It's just a lovely place and we love it there.

Review of Vista De La Montana Independent Living in Surprise, AZ

We liked this place and all the people very nice community, nice staff and management the apartments at The Madison were considerably larger which was a big factor in our decision

No place like home

Personally feel if the facility weren't in mid-Hades of AZ I'd consider moving in myself (I'm a NW wimp) - if just for the meals. Great staff throughout, though one of the male managers comes off a little imposed upon when requests are made for my new resident Mom. But for the most part, can't beat the great accommodations, staff, user-friendly layout, great residents, services/outings, and absolute homey-ness of the furnishings. Sure appreciate them making a difficult situation as easy on all involved in the transition as possible!

Mom's new apartment

My mom is moving to her new apartment on June 20th. We anticipate that her living, social and culinary experience to be outstanding based on what we've seen so far. We look forward to having her live happily there for many years.

They won us over from the minute we w...

They won us over from the minute we walked in the door. They did an amazing job with the initial tour, they made all the information about the room styles, rates, etc, very clear and easy to understand. They also had plenty of additional information and pamphlets available. The man who gave us our tour, Vaughn, was great. He was so friendly, and so patient, and really helped us out when we were feeling overwhelmed.
Our loved one is really enjoying himself here, the staff are all friendly and the facility itself is beautiful. We also really like the Holiday travel system, knowing that he'll be able to schedule time at another Holiday facility near us to come visit!

The food is excellent, and the service is excellent.

The food is excellent, and the service is excellent. They have a really good chef and the plates are hot when they are supposed to be and cold when they are supposed to be. I really hate not having my own washer and dryer in my unit you have to go down the hall and wait for the housekeeping staff to finish their laundry. I don't have a kitchen. I like the social aspect, having people nearby to socialize with. They allow pets. They need some storage, there is no storage available.

Really Enjoyed It

It is a very good place. I really enjoyed it. They have a very caring, and the rooms were nice. There is a lot of community kind of stuff going on. They have transportation available. It seems like it an all inclusive kind of place. My mother has Alzheimer's and we put her in to have a 3 month trial will be up in the end of December, so we will re-evaluate the situation again then to determine if she should stay there. I like that my mother still has a bit of freedom.

Independence with back up if needed

It's worked very well, the people are very nice and the move in was smooth. We've been trying to understand who does what as far as who's associated with the different facilities. We needed some back up care as far as things with medications were concerned and I guess they have groups that work with them but aren't them so that was a little confusing but it's sorted out now. We like the location because its right on a side street and he can drive up to a shopping center and go out to eat without getting too far. I like the programs because the have enough activities and they encourage him to be active which is vital for his situation to keep his mind as sharp as possible for as long as possible. They do encourage him to go out, they stay and talk to him and tell him whats going on and encourage him to go. The price is good because things can be horrible expensive but being able to tailor things to his needs is nice and there are eyes on him so if they notice a change they can do something or tell us about it.

Nice place.Want to see a fe...

Nice place.Want to see a few options with a full kitchen.

Lovely and very open and airy facilit...

Lovely and very open and airy facility. The tour guide (manager) was very informative. All rooms (one bedroom, one bedroom and two bedrooms) were very spacious and clean. The facility was free of odors and cheerful. The residents were ourgoing and friendly. They shared good feedback on the facility. Pricey, even though the facility package includes all meals, but does not include phone. Would look at this facility again with Dad and once he arrives.

$1600-1750/month virtually all-inclu...

$1600-1750/month virtually all-inclusive,

$1600-1750/month virtually all-inclu...

$1600-1750/month virtually all-inclusive

If you like your days sunny, dry and steeped in the beauty of the Arizona countryside, then you’ve found your new home. Not only do residents enjoy the tastefulness and friendliness of our charming facility, they love everything the area has to offer. We’re conveniently close to shopping, fine dining, healthcare, theaters, parks and a library.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind