VILLA AT THE LAKE, A RANDALL RESIDENCE - Conneaut, OH

Our mom was a resident at the Villa at the lake from [dates removed]. I wanted to write this review to help other family members with their decisions that they may have to make in the future for their loved ones. First of all I would like to acknowledge [name removed] and her dietary staff members. This department went above and beyond to help mom find items that she would be able to eat since she had difficult swallowing issues. Mom struggled a lot with communicating because of a previous brain injury but, the dietary staff showed great compassion and understanding and took the time to figure out what it was that she was wanting to eat at every single meal. [Name removed] would spend countless hours with Mom to figure out new menu items that she would be able to safely eat and enjoy at the same time. [Name removed] is a true leader of her department. For [name removed] and her housekeeping staff, as a previous housekeeper in this department I truly understand the challenges that you face day in and day out. My entire family wants to thank you so much for providing mom with a safe clean and comfortable environment everyday. To [name removed] and her entire nursing department, your impeccable care and understanding and patience was second to none. As family members we never had to worry one moment of the care that was being provided to Mom. This allowed us to spend quality time with her and enjoy her, knowing that she was being provided for not only physically but also mentally and spiritually. You have a top-notch team dedicated to the residents. I would like to finish this review with the biggest thank you to [name removed]. You are a true inspiration to all of us! Your dedication to the residence here at the Villa at the lake is truly amazing. We all know that Mom was very difficult at times but from the time that she moved in to the time that she left , you showed her that she was important , that her opinion mattered and that you were never too busy to help take care of any concerns that she brought to you. She often called you "my baby", this was her way of saying how much she loved you and respected you as the leader of the Villa. Thank you all so much for providing our mom with the best Home she has ever lived. With deepest appreciation,
[Name removed].

Great!

I attending the Mothers Day tea at the Villa and it was excellent! They had great food and the staff was great!! Thank you so much for the wonderful time.

The Villa had a Mother's Day tea and I thought it was excellent!
Great food!
Great Staff!
Thank you so much!

Staff is wonderful and so involved with the residents. We love this place!!

A+

A warm, inviting, and friendly atmosphere for residents, guests, & visitors of all kinds! The Villa at the Lake was kind enough to allow AARP Tax Aide Program to use their beautiful facilities to house our Volunteer Income Tax Return Preparation Program once a week during tax season. Staff is very kind and accommodating. Some of the residents even help us set up our space in the morning!
Many thanks to residents and staff!

Life at the Villa

Life at the Villa:
If you are looking for a place for your loved one to be cared for~The Villa is the place you want.
There are a few super-duper aides. [Removed] is the work horse, she does a good job in the whirlpool. [Removed]-does her job well. When [Removed] walks in your room, she has a very heart warming smile. That is her nickname, smiley. Night time- Misty walks into your room at night, reminds me of my grandmother coming to tuck me in. She does the work of two people. [Removed] is another 3rd trick aide, she makes going to sleep very comfortable and easy. [Removed] is a day time aide, does anything you ask her to do.

The food is very good and they have a good variety.
They have a lot of very good activities. They have exercise classes, they have bingo at least 3 days a week. They have multiple bus tours. They go to many different places, sometimes they will go just for a ride.

The entertainment is exceptional. They have a lot of different people to play instruments and sing.

This place is very, very clean. Someone is always doing something, somewhere, the rooms are exceptional

So there you are ~ life at the Villa, no better place for your loved one. I give this place an A+.

Prema Villa

The Villa At the Lake has been the best long term elderly care experience we have had. We have 50 plus years experience of loved ones and friends who have had to be placed into a long term care environment. The Staff and Management of the Villa At The Lake have been the most caring and professional group of long term and elderly care workers that we have ever met. I would fully and completely recommend the Villa At the Lake to anyone and everyone who may be considering assisted living facilities for a loved ne.

Family member

My mom and dad are at the Villa and as a family member I like that I have open access 24/7 to come and visit. If there are any changes in my parents, the staff always makes sure to notify me and I really like that. The building is very clean, including the bathrooms. The Activities are plentiful, there is always something to do. I like that they have musical entertainment every week. The food here is excellent.
The administrative staff is very good and helps out with any problem with an open door policy. All staff with an exception of one or two is very attentive and they address every problem. The place is not perfect but its as close as perfect can get.

I would live here

I can't really speak to the value so I really could not rate it. However, everything else about The Villa is 1st rate. Every time I was there, the facility was clean and neat as were all the people living there. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Everyone seemed to enjoy the activities and there were always a lot of them occurring. I was also helped by the staff the day I accidentally locked my keys in my car, with the maintenance person and van driver going above and beyond to assist. I would hope that if something happened and I was unable to live independently in the community, I would be able to live here.

The Villa is a wonderful place to be. I really like it here and I'm not alone anymore. I enjoy the meals and there is plenty to eat!
I have met so many wonderful people and the workers are real nice too.
The activities that they offer are great, I attend a lot of outings.

The Villa, "Your home away from home!" What a fantastic place! It's beautiful & everyone is friendly.
People come to live here for various reasons and has been around for some time now & is very well known and loved by a lot of people. I love this place, have for years, what with knowing a number of people who have lived here over the years.

We spent our entire life in North Canton OH and decided to move to Conneaut to be closer to our daughter, grandchildren and great grandchildren. The Villa is such a nice place, it has that homey feeling and staff that is very attentive and friendly.
The food is really good and we enjoy sitting with another couple in the dining room.
Our apartment is nice and we really like the Spa room. We are so glad we came here.

The Villa is a good place and they take excellent care of their residents. All staff members are exceptional. Any questions or problems I had were addressed immediately. The service in the dinning room is great and the food is really good.
The activities are great, I especially like the exercise class. The Villa bus takes us on lots of trips and also to doctor appointments which helps out a lot.
This is my home and I am happy here.

I have been at the villa for 16 years, it is a good place to go if you have to be in a assisted living facility.
It is well run by Deanna, she does a good job and even comes to play scrabble with me after work.
Activities are good, if you have the strength to attend. I go to exercise every morning to keep my strength up. Niki has a different kind of exercise every day.
The staff is very helpful, they treat you good and the grounds are well taken care of.

I have traveled to a lot of places and I could of gone to any assisted living facility but I choose the Villa because I believe it to the be the finest facility and the people are great. It is close to Lake Erie and amenities.
This place is my home away from home!

I chose to move to the Villa because I didn't want to live alone in my large home anymore. Friends of mine who already lived here were happy to be here. I enjoy it here, my room is spacious and the meals are great.
The Villa is such a peaceful place. The employees are concerned for you and its just nice to know they are there when you need them.
The other residents are pleasant and I enjoy being around them thru various activities. I also like that the Villa has dinners planned for special occasions and holidays.

As a visiting nurse, it is always such a pleasure to see my patients at the Villa. The staff are consistently friendly and helpful. The facility is clean and the food smells and looks delicious. The residents here have a wide variety of activities to fill their days, too.
Because I am a nurse, I appreciate the compassionate and professional care my patients receive everyday, every shift.
Villa at the lake is certainly the place where I would want my love ones to live as they age.

Great Decision

My Mother was a resident of the Villa at the Lake for 6 years.
In that time, she and our family were fortunate to have such wonderful care for her.
Her last 6 years were spent surrounded by music, entertainment, crafts, exercise, and lots of people who were her "second family". She was able to continue making her famous cinnamon rolls with the Activities Department which was a delight to her and everyone who sampled them.
The view from her window was so calming to her in times of unrest. Her bird feeder sat right outside her window and the aides always made sure it was filled for "her birds".
During the last weeks of her life, every employee that had contact with my mom came in to say goodbye. The care and tenderness she and our whole family received in those last days was very precious and meaningful to us.
It was a difficult decision to put our mom in a long term care facility but we are so glad we made the decision to have her reside at the Villa at the Lake.

Great place to recuperate

I really enjoyed my stay at the Villa at the Lake but it certainly will be nice to get home.

The Villa at the Lake is wonderful

The Villa at the Lake is wonderful. You see so many familiar faces here. Everyone is happy because the nurses and aids help everyone and they treat you like you're the most important person here. They give you reminders for everything. Activities are fabulous, there is something for everyone. Niki the Villa's activities director, is wonderful she asks you what you like and tries to make it happen. She helps us cook and bake our favorite recipes. And her exercise program is great. You are never forced to do anything and everyone helps you with any problem you have. If you have a special problem with food you can talk directly to the Dietary Director and they will try to accommodate you.

Love the Villa

I have been a resident since 2004. The Villa at the Lake is the cleanest freshest assisted living facility I have ever been to. I adore the Housekeeping Staff they are so helpful. All my caregivers' call Miss Joanie and I always tell them how much I love them and God Bless them. I love that I can go to any administrator directly with a problem and they will do everything possible to take care of it promptly.

So Caring!

They're a 5 for everything! I'm not joking. If I could give them a 10, I would. When my dad was in the hospital he needed someone to run his iPad over to him and someone would. I could call them with anything and they would bend over backwards! I would stay there when I went up to visit him and they never charged me anything. We only moved my dad because he wanted to be closer to me - I really miss it. It was a small town and they really catered to him.

we both liked it very much but hope w...

we both liked it very much but hope we won't be ready for it for a long time

At Villa at the Lake, A Randall Residence, we take pride in providing quality senior care with respect and friendship. We recognize that each resident wants independence while receiving just the care they need. You will find that our smiling caregivers listen compassionately to concerns and cheerfully care for the daily worries like housekeeping, meal preparation and maintenance, as well as the bigger concerns like your health care, wellness and happiness.

Villa at the Lake is located in Conneaut, in the northeastern most section of Ohio. With over seven miles of shoreline along beautiful Lake Erie, Conneaut is a great place to visit and live. Living at Villa at the Lake offers residents a chance to continue their friendships that they have had for a lifetime. Often new friends find they have much in common as they share memories and experiences.