Sonata Viera - Melbourne, FL

I am sure it will a lot more put together when the remodeling is complete.

The food is disgusting mush. Canned fruit cocktail for dessert almost daily. Understaffed. Residents are wheeled down to all meals by the same staff who prep & serve the meals, so there's a lot of unnecessary waiting. Arguments amongst staff in front of residents were the highlight of my mother's day. I found a pill on the hallway floor. We left ASAP.

I Highly Recommend

Our experience with Sonata Viera was Absolutely Wonderful. [Removed] and all the staff were extremely nice and very helpful. I feel that my loved one was well looked after and taken care of while I was away. When my loved one is ready for full time care, Sonata will be my choice for her. I highly recommend.

Great Place!

Sonata Viera is a great place for my mom. She is so busy, the facility is very clean and smells nice. The atmosphere is very upbeat, it's a second chance at life. She is no longer secluded while everyone is at work, she's making friends and it is so good for her mental state. The staff encourages her to participate, they will actually go to her room and invite her to join in the activities. There so many activities she enjoys, there is sewing, bead work, baking, they have icecream socials and they provide transportation to take them shopping or out to eat. The food they provide is delicious and they offer healthy meals. If she doesn't like what is being served they offer other choices. They have porches with rocking chairs to sit and enjoy the fresh air, and sidewalks to get exercise if they want to. It is definitely a good clean environment for her. We would highley recommend this community to friends and family.

Sonata is Excellent

My mom was reluctant to enter an assisted living facility, but once we had toured Sonata Viera, she was so pleased. The person the initial arrangements, [Removed], was extremely friendly and patient. All of the staff was welcoming and the residents appeared cared for and well groomed. The facility is lovely, clean and cheerful. I feel so relieved that my mom is happy and in a safe environment

Lots of military families her !!

I was very impressed with how many retired military veterans lived in this community and how much they recognized them. The entire complex was in excellent condition and out of all the different facilities I looked at this one was probably the nicest. They also offered a ten percent discount for military and there families that want to come live here. I just had a great overall experience at would defiantly recommend this place.

Service is bad

Seemed more suited for former military. Did not appear to be a place she would be comfortable at.

Two months and counting

My sister-in-law has been at Viera Manor for about two months and seems pleased with her experience so far. Staff that we have met seem concerned with her welfare and accommodate most of her requiremenrs, which I should explain are many. Her room is first floor near everything which is good and means she can participate in activities that, if farther away, she may not try.

Her only consistent complaint is that, being confined to a wheelchair, she often gets left at the dining room or at activities when no one comes to push her wheelchair and get her back to her room.

Great staff at Viera Manor Excellent Value

My mother and father in-law have lived in Viera Manor for more than 2.5 years; they moved in about 2 months after Viera Manor opened. I assessed over 100 assisted living facilities in Florida and California. I then visited about 20 facilities before we selected Viera Manor. The management and key staff have been outstanding. The facilities and room sizes are excellent. They help my father-in-law and mother-in-law in so many ways. My detailed assessment had an important criteria of 24/7 nurse staff. Very few facilities truly offer 24/7 nurse staff. The proximity to VA clinic has been important. I did try the meals in many facilities and I have had a meal about 25 times at Viera Manor. The meals have been balanced, healthy and good. I will say one facility had restaurant like meals (nearly fine cuisine) but charged more than $1400 more per month with significantly less nurse staff and operational nurse hours. Still after 2.5 years I would give it a 5 star. I am there about 20% of the days each year for over 2 years so I really get to see the operation. Thanks to all the staff at Viera Manor our family sleeps well and we know my mother-in-law and father-in-law have great comfort and care.

Dad is doing very well

Dad is doing very well at Viera Manor Assisted Living Residence. He likes the people. The staff have been keeping an eye on him. If they have a question they are quick to call. They have an ice cream parlor, TV's, games, and a big veranda that the residents like to hang out at. The property is beautiful. One time the staff did not get dad for a meal but my sister was there so they may have just been waiting on her. I really have no complaints about this facility. It has been a good experience.