Vernon Woods Retirement Community Inc. - Lagrange, GA

• On-site physical therapy

Childish staff

Some of The resident assistants are wonderful and are willing to help. But they hire very young ppl and they are childish, loud, and one lied about taking my moms blood sugar. She would ask her to pick a number and my mom did so that’s what the girl put in the computer for her blood sugar reading. She never checked it. Management favors a few residents also staff. I have witnessed a girl hiding from residents when they needed help. I would hate for that to have been my mom.

This is a great fit for my dad

My dad is doing great here, he really likes the staff and they are very attentive, listen to the resident's requests and show that they care about their residents. Dad does like going to the dining room, he likes the food and has told me that they are changing up the menu next month. All the rooms have a patio and the grounds are just beautiful and well maintained. I really like their facebook page, they post pictures of the residents during the activities and they have a current calendar of all the events taking place there so that I can remind my dad of any upcoming things he might like to attend to do. I am so pleased with the care my dad has gotten here.

A nice place

This is quite a large community. They have a pond on site and the grounds are well maintained. This community seems to offer a lot of nice amenities and special events. The people we met were friendly and the community was clean. This community was our second choice. I would recommend taking a look at this community to see if it would work for your loved one.

Very happy!

The staff here is really friendly and they have been trying to do everything to help my loved one make the transition. They feed him good and make sure that he has what he needs. We are very pleased and satisfied with this community. I would recommend them.

This facility is exactly what we had hoped for to meet the needs of our family member. The staff is very professional and caring. The facility is outstanding, clean, and we'll managed.

A great place

We have been extremely pleased with all aspects of Vernon Woods Retirement Community. My mom is very well taken care of. She thinks she's at a "resort" because everything is so nice. We are lucky to have the opportunity to have her live at Vernon Woods.

Relieved for the whole family

Mom has been at Vernon Woods four months. At first I wondered if she would be able to handle it, but because of the patience and the helpfulness of the staff she has adjusted wonderfully. Her apartment is just the right size and has all the features that make assisted living desirable.

The kitchenette provides a constant reminder that she's still independent although I don't think she uses it that much! But I appreciate it being there and consider it to be added value.

All that glitters is not gold

Vernon Woods is lovely, and the food is excellent. If there is a flaw with the apartments, the closets are very small. I was always wondered why there was a high vacancy rate, but as my parent has aged I have found out. We have had some significant issues with staff being rude or hostile towards requests. We pursued a particular issue with management to no avail, so we have decided to move as so many others have. I was shocked at our treatment. One other financial note, if a senior becomes financially insecure or is judged to be too dependent, they can be evicted. It is not a life care center.

Best value in Lagrange

A lot of what helped us decide to move my parents to Vernon Woods came when we compared the cost of a 24/7 sitter or nurse versus the cost of a retirement community. The cost of in home care and other communities in Lagrange was a lot higher than the $4500 a month Vernon Woods costs. When you look at factors like mortgage, food, and in home care the costs add up so this was the best alternative to in home care. Also Vernon Woods is only 15 minutes away from my parents' doctors. My parents already knew about 7 or 8 residents at Vernon Woods. Everybody raves about the food. My dad has even complained that he is never hungry because there is so much good food to eat. They offer a pretty good variety of entrees, the menu is not a "one size fits all", residents and guests can choose from 2 or 3 meal options, so they get a choice which I like. I only scored them lower on activities because I haven't seen much going on when I visit, but that may be because it is the summertime and families visit more often.

Just a wonderful place

We are really pleased with Vernon Woods. It is just a wonderful place. The setting is really beautiful. We are very satisfied with the care they are providing for our loved one. We are really happy with them and would recommend them.

Fantastic facility. It suites every ...

Fantastic facility. It suites every need and taste of my mother. The independent living is more where she is at right now, and they provide that beautifully.

very nice.

very nice.

Ideal place with lots of activities a...

Ideal place with lots of activities and great setting. Private pay puts it out of reach. There is nobody on staff to assist with financing or VA paperwork.

At Vernon Woods Retirement Community, we offer 47 independent living apartments for those people who are seeking a more rewarding and simpler lifestyle. And for those who may need assistance with activities of daily living and the extra support that allows for a fulfilling life, we offer 42 assisted living apartments supported by a caring staff to make life easier.

By taking care of all your daily needs like fine dining, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and security, you are free to fill your time with important things, such as relaxing, growing, learning and loving.

Vernon Crest offers 47 independent living apartments for those people who are independent but seeking a more rewarding and simpler lifestyle. Your sense of comfort is highlighted by security features such as an emergency response system, controlled access entry to the building, smoke and sprinkler systems as well as an in-house surveillance system. We take care of everything from housekeeping and maintenance to transportation and dining services.

At Vernon Woods, we offer one and two-bedroom independent living apartments which range from 805 square feet to 1,610 square feet living area.

Assisted Living care at Vernon Terrace is a neighborhood developed to provide assistance with activities of daily living as well as three meals a day and the extra support that allows for a fulfilling life. Trained staff members are available to meet your scheduled and unscheduled needs in order to promote maximum independence and dignity.

Our Vernon Terrace neighborhood is licensed by the State of Georgia and adheres to the prescribed guidelines set for by the Department of Community Health.