Valley View Gardens - Garden Grove, CA

We, my sister and I, liked this place but the only drawback was the size... it will accept 69 residents... too big for my honey.

GREAT PLACE

I went and did a walk in tour last week and I was greeted by [name removed] she immediately notice i was in distress and offered me a hug, [name removed] is very kind, I was so happy doing my tour resident was engaged but most of all it was clean, i walk passes a tail man cleaning a room and he smelled at me and i new then i could place my father there.

I would not recommend this place to anyone

This place is terrible. The management is terrible and there are residents leaving left and right. The director has no business holding the position. They take no responsibility, they just give you verbal words and there’s no follow through or back up. Just as one example, something happened with my loved one where they wound up in the hospital for 6 hours alone. We gave them 4 different numbers and they only contacted one and left a voicemail that wasn’t received until early the next morning. We tried to talk with management about it and all they said was “we’ll look into it and get back to you.” My loved one has lost a significant amount of weight since being there as well. They said they would be monitoring my loved one’s weight while they were living there, but they never told us about the weight loss because they never monitored it. I told them about my loved one’s inability to eat hard foods and it took them several days to get food that my loved one could actually eat. The facility has a huge turnover rate and they’re always short staffed. Anytime I try to make a complaint or voice my concern, they don’t do anything. It all just gets brushed under the table. That I know of personally, there are 3 residents that have already left and 2 more that will be leaving. The management there shouldn’t even be in charge of dogs, they don’t do anything. The place is awful and I feel horrible for the residents that are still there.

So far a good palcement

My husband seems to like living at this community. The staff are focused on him and the other residents to be sure they are comfortable. The food seems to be good and they take good care of the community. They do offer some daily activities and the staff encourage him to participate in some. He seems to be comfortable here and I would recommend this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of Valley View Gardens; we appreciate your confidence in us!

They have been so helpful with my mother's care

Shortly after my mother moved-in, she was placed under Hospice care and the staff at Valley View Gardens are working hand in hand with them for my mother's care. They were very helpful in helping me arrange her Hospice care as well. They are very good at staying in touch with as well. I am very pleased with the care my mother is receiving here.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're honored to be a part of your mother's journey.

Mom's Great Care

I am more than pleased with the care from this community. The staff is very caring and attentive to my mom's care and needs. We like knowing that the community is clean and maintained. They have a wonderful variety of meals and options. They have activities for the residents. We can give high recommendations for the care and the value from this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your recommendation of Valley View Gardens! We appreciate your confidence in us!

Wow, wow. [Removed] was amazing! She listened and asked us about our dad's needs, likes and dislikes. Facility is beautiful and so are the grounds. The staff was very friendly. They focus on and specialize in care of Alzheimer's and dementia residents. The residents all seemed to be very happy and well cared for. Great package price.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your review! We appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your experience was the 5-star level that we strive for.

Patience and Care

I talked with the staff and they appeared to be nice and responsive. The meals would have been very appealing <My parents would like the activities.I suggest a tour for other families.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review and for your recommendation of our community; we appreciate your feedback!

Care and Comfort

This is a nice community. The staff were nice, but some of the staff do not seem to watch the residents as well as they should at times.The menu was nice and appealing. They do offer a good variety of meals. The activites that are offered seem to be very helpful. We do not that the community was alwasy clean. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one's needs.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback! If you have any additional input, please don't hesitate to contact our Executive Director. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for our residents and your review helps us to achieve that goal.

BetterOptions

We were not happy with the care at this community. The staff did not take care of the needs and we were not happy with the staff. We did move our family member out of this community into another place where good care is now being received. I would not recommend this community to other families for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your time at Valley View Gardens was not a five-star experience. We practice an open-door policy, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

We like this community for care. The staff is very nice and caring. The community is clean and well maintained. She likes the activities and being able to go on small trips out of the community. She is pleased with the good variety of meals. We would highly recommend this community for good care and a good value for other families.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback and your confidence in us!

With many thanks!

Our family is so pleased with the care and support our mom has received and the concern each of the family members have experienced with this amazing staff! Truly blessed to have this facility and staff with us on our journey ❤️

Lots of memory care at this location!!

When I toured this location for my mother I had realized that they mainly focused on memory care and that it was for more sever stages of memory loss than what my mother had. It had a very institutional and hospital feel to it and I could tell this was not the place where my mom needed to be. The staff where all very friendly though and gave us lots of great information on there establishment.

Really Liked this Facility. Large group area. Quiet Room, TV/Living Room. Beautiful grounds.

There is some good and some not so good staff!!!

Some of the staff at this community are amazing and some you can tell do not want to be there. They do offer a lot of daily activities. The community could be a little cleaner including the furniture in the common areas. I might recommend this community if you were not able to find anything else in the area that would work for you. They are not flexible on their rates and they are a little pricey.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were glad to learn you had such a positive experience with our activities and some of our team members. Our mission is to care for our residents in a way that truly enriches their lives, and our activities team plays a significant role in our ability to do so. I was disappointed to learn your experience was not as positive in other areas, and would welcome the chance to learn more or hear any additional thoughts you have regarding how we could move to a five-star experience for you. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at [removed], or to our Regional Director of Operations, Mary Winters, at [removed]. Thank you for your time; Tierre Thornton, Executive Director

Poor experience, would not recommend

Our experience with Valley View Gardens was not a good one. The facility itself never seemed very clean, and had a noticeable odor. They had a poor resident to staff ratio, and care staff were always hard to find when you needed them. They also really need to improve the food. Other than the activities director, who I think was wonderful, I was disappointed with the whole experience.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Valley View Gardens. As a community team we are meeting with families consistently to learn about their experiences in our process of achieving our goal of providing excellent, best in class care for our residents and satisfied families. I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your first hand experience as it will help us in our process. Please call me directly by calling our community number and asking to speak with Tierre, the Executive Director. Thank you again for your time; Tierre Thornton, Executive Director

Great Services!!

My loved one resided in the community for a short time. One thing that i liked was how the staff understood all of the patients. They were very attentive and listened to their needs. The community had a beautiful garden but unfortunately it was really hot and my loved one could not go out much. Towards the end we had to move them it was getting really loud and the community was very big. There was also a small incident my loved one lost our their wedding ring and we tried to find it but it never came up.

The Past is The PAST...

The Ad - Valley View Garden HAS BEEN recognized for consistently high ratings from residents and their families in 2013-2014. That was before it was sold and new management staff started running the front office. With a 1:15 ratio facility is no longer safe in my opinion.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for most recent post regarding your dissatisfaction at Valley View Gardens with the new management staff as well as a concern with our staffing ratio. Valley View Gardens has always been a great partner with the family members and the community, so this comes as a great concern. I would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience and hopefully be able to address your concerns personally. I welcome you to reach out to me directly via telephone [removed] or via email [removed]

A Place for Dad

When looking for an Alzheimer appropriate facility, Valley View and it's sister facility came highly recommended by Jacquie McCord, consultant with A Place for Mom.
Before enlisting the guidance from Jackie, we tried to find a place at first, and jumped into another facility which was retrofitted as a "memory care" facility, but was not appropriate for an alzheimer patient. My family quickly learned this after 1 week of inappropriate care, and multiple escapes from the facility. My Father was placed in a psychward after a "fall" for 3 weeks, where his medications were rebalanced. This was an awful time for my family and my Father.
Then came Valley View. Enclosed, secure facility with garden & aviary, and activites designed for memory care. The whole place is designed for memory care. And, the staff are happy in their work, engaging, aware of needs, and display a level of professional knowledge to work with seniors in varied stages of dimensia. The staff makes all the difference.
We had suggestions from Jacquie for Silverado, Sunflower and Valley View. Valley view was the right fit! My family is grateful for the guidance and compassion through this tough time. And now we have found A Place for Dad.

Everything is fantastic.

I really like this place everything here is so nice and the staff is so nice and helpful, I am just not sure if this is the perfect fit for my husband.

Getting along well here

It seems to be a very successful placing. He is getting along very well. He seems to plateau and then go down. Considering that he has Alzheimer's, he is getting the best care possible.

Well maintained facility

The staff here Is very kind and caring. They go above and beyond to ensure that the residents have everything they need to be comfortable and happy. The facility is well maintained and clean. We are impressed with how it is run.

exceptionally attentive and friendly

We have had a very good experience with Valley View Gardens and would highly recommend them. The whole process was very easy. They provide a very loving and safe environment for their residents. All of the staff has been exceptionally attentive and friendly.

Very informative and caring

Excellent at helping you choose the right solution

Your loved one will be thrive here

Searched many places before finding Valley View. The staff is by far the most caring we found. My father has excellent care and is more alert and engaged than in any place before. Visit and you will see.

Very clean, warm and welcoming community. The residents were engaged and supervised. The staff appeared to know and care about the residents. The grounds were appealing.

I loved the garden, outdoor...

I loved the garden, outdoor walkways, very large and highly motivating community center. The rooms didn't have private bathrooms.

An excellent residence for my Mom

Valley View Gardens was the top choice for my Mother after I visited 10 other residences. My Mother and our family are very happy with her beautiful private room, the highly qualified and caring staff, the beautiful grounds and facility, and the fun and stimulating daily activities geared to each resident's abilities and interests. We are at peace knowing that her daily well being is well taken care of with regular facility visits on site with a physician, dentist, podiatrist, lab. technicians, and hair stylist. She is monitored 24/7 by qualified medical staff and administrators. Everyone at all levels is gracious and welcoming to family and visitors. My Mother enjoys viewing the aviary, the resident pet dogs, and the beautiful gardens and gazebo. She feels safe, never bored as she enjoys the exercise classes, singing, movies, games, parties and live entertainment. Valley View Gardens is a top quality residence and an excellent value.

My wife spent six nights in Respite C...

My wife spent six nights in Respite Care at Valley View Gardens while I was away on a trip. She enjoyed the time spent there and we would use this facility again for Day and Respite care needs.
The care givers there are terrific.