Valley Haven - Watsonville, CA

Avoide like the black plague

First impression was good but it went down from there. After my mother died I was charged over $300 because I could not pick up her belongings for three days (I was out of the area on business). Then I was charged an extra days fee because, according to the owner, she miscalculated the number of days my mother was in the facility.
While my mother was alive, the owner wanted to charge me $50 a day extra for a visiting nurse (hospice) care. I found out that there was no cost for this service and the owner admitted such.

At Valley Haven, residents receive individual personal care with our staff to resident ratio of 1:3. We treat our residents like extended family rather than customers.

Valley Haven cares for Dementia, Hospice, ambulatory and non-ambulatory residents.

Our program is designed to support and provide optimal quality of life for the elderly in an environment that preserves self-esteem, maximizes independence and enhances the personal satisfaction of our residents.

Our staff are carefully chosen for their experience and genuine gift of caring for the elderly.

Valley Haven staff take part in ongoing training so you or your loved one will receive care by knowledgeable and skilled caregivers.