Hanover Guest Home - Santa Cruz, CA

They aren't able to accommodate a wheelchair

This Community is like Being at Home

A wonderful place for able bodied. Friendly. The residents and staff are very friendly. It's like being at home. The residents have their own bedrooms. It's a wonderful place to be able to walk almost anywhere. This is a great place. The only thing is that they don't have a variety of activities. Overall, This a nice community with a friendly atmosphere. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars.

owner was not there for tour, but young lady who showed me the place was very nice. place was run down to me, old unkept furniture, bathrooms and way too much money for what it was...kitchen was very small. definite no!

Wonderful Owners, and great staff!!

We are really very happy with mom's placement here. The owners Marsha and Ted are wonderful, and the staff is great. They are very patient, and I feel like she is in good hands, and is very well taken care of. We are very pleased with Hanover Guest Home.

The Good: The staff were p...

The Good: The staff were polite to me as a touring visitor, and to their clientele. The kitchen was preparing a nice smelling lunch when I arrived for my unannounced visit. Clean as a whistle? - Clean. Oders not masked by lysol or other cleaning agents, a plus IMO. In the community room (which features a piano!) there was a faint trace of urine odor; perhaps the remains of a recent accident. Activities? - No activities posted or listed. There are 'activities' available - games etc. But no schedule of activities. It is a small facility. Staff attitude and friendliness: Yes. Outdoor spaces: There is a nice accessible outside patio area with smooth sidewalks and in drought stricken California, the landscaping contains drought tolerant plants - succulents etc. There is one are of concrete that is not level, and had a chair positioned on it to prevent access. Presumably this will be repaired soon. Nutrition and fitness: On asking if a menu was available, informed politely that no there isn't a published/prepared menu. But the food is prepared on-site using fresh natural ingredients. The kitchen smelled nice. Safe and sound: Bathrooms - low sill showers, equipped with stools/chairs and grab bars. Look safe. I was informed that residents are attended when taking a shower for protection. Personal Care: Facility administers medication, which are kept locked until needed. Prescriptions are needed for all medication. Moving out: I forgot to inquire about this. Trust Your Instincts: I felt that my mom would be safe there, but given her history, she'd prefer a more open newer environment.