Valley Crest Memory Care - Apple Valley, CA

Valley Crest, A gift from God

My grandfather was here for over a year and sadly passed away a few days ago. However Valley Crest offered a great experience for the residents and the family of the residents. It is very sad seeing and experiencing someone with Alzheimer’s or a memory disease. But Valley crest works with you and your loved one and offers a great experience. They aren’t just another resident, they are treated special. They aren’t forced to go to their room or be put in a certain part of the facility, they are taken very well care of. Not to mention the employees and managers are a gift from God. If you have a loved one who needs to be put into a care facility please consider Valley Crest. It may be difficult seeing them put into a home, however they are treated like family instead of just another number on a spreadsheet.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you Hansen, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear this. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

It's an okay facility

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. It was an okay community however they charge the same prices as other places but they don’t give the same level of care. If my mom would have moved in, she would need to share a room. It is an older facility and it has an odor to it. I would not put my mom here unless I didn’t have a choice. The marketing director was really nice and checked up on my a few times after the tour. I would tell other families to take a look here but I would not tell them to go here.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us at [removed] so we can understand your situation better in order to try and turn your experience around.
Valley Crest Memory Care

Friendly Staff!!

My husband was in this community for a short period of time and I have no complaints of how things had went for him. The staff where friendly and helpful to all of his needs during his stay. The property was clean and they had a lot of nice amenities for the residents. He just ended up needing more care then they had to offer.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your detailed positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Valley Crest Memory Care. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope that you are both happy in the community you chose. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Service Satisfaction

They are always going the extra mile to fulfill my orders and meet every individual care need. I have cared for my patients in this facility since 2010 and am overjoyed with their responsiveness.

Dr.[Removed]

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi Dr. Richmond, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Valley Crest Memory Care. We're happy we could meet your expectations! We enjoy our working relationship and look forward to many more years working together. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Caring place to be

I have worked for hospice for 18 years and have serviced Valley Crest for 16 years and I have always enjoyed visiting my patients and the staff. The environment is clean and orderly and safe. The staff are compassionate and caring towards everyone. I sometimes refer my patients who need memory care services because Valley Crest is a great place to get that kind of care.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you Lorena for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Consistent good care

She loves it at Valley Crest Memory Care. We feel she is getting very good care there. They are very welcoming to our family when we come to visit. We always come at random times and the staff is always constant with their positive attitudes and the care they provide for the residents. Our loved one is always clean and dry. They are very easy to communicate with any questions or concerns we may have. We haven't eaten there yet, but we did bring in her birthday cake to share with everyone. It was very enjoyable. It has a family feel to this community in a home environment setting. She enjoys socializing and is surrounded by her own peers where she gets a sense of community, choices, and fun. I would recommend this community to others.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Valley Crest Memory Care. We're happy we could meet your expectations and grateful for the opportunity. We appreciate your feedback and you really made our day today! Thank you so much! We hope that you have a wonderful day!!!

Great Community for My Mother

My mother is doing well with her move to this community. She is being provide with great care, and I'am comfortable with her move here. The staff is great, and have been good to work with. The community is well-kept when I come to visit. Everything has worked out very well for us in this community.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive 5 star review. We are very happy to hear that you and your mother are happy. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback and share your experience. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

All is Well so Far

Everything working out very well for my father at this community. I'am very pleased with his move to this community. It is a great place. They do a very good job with the cleanliness. The staff is very helpful. Everything has worked out well so far.

Pacifica Senior Living

We always love to receive great feedback and thank you for your positive review. We are so happy to hear that your father is happy and settling in here with us. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time with any and all questions. We are here for you and your family.

Very Impressed!

I toured the facility last week. I just walked in without scheduling an appointment so I was able to get a good sense of how Valley Crest operates without prior notice of a potential move in. I was pleasantly surprised how welcome I was right from the start. The receptionist was very kind and welcoming. At that very moment she was speaking to a confused person who I could tell was one of the people that lived there. The way that she didn't disregard what they were saying, yet welcomed me in at the same time, was quite remarkable. She then let [Removed] know that I was waiting for a tour. At the time [Removed] was in her office with someone else, but the way the receptionist and several others kept me busy and talking while I waited was very pleasing. I could tell that the patients were all busy doing one thing or another. I expected with this being a memory care facility, I would find people stereo-typically drooling in their chairs and staring at the wall. I was impressed that I found the opposite. The patients were busy and all seemed very well cared for. The smell was very pleasing. The facility is rather small but quaint. The rooms are simple, but clean and maintained. We as a family have decided not to place my family member just yet, but when we do, we will be choosing Valley Crest.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you S.higbee501, for reaching out, your opinion is very important to us. We appreciate you leaving your positive detailed review! We are very proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents! Thank you for your consideration, we look forward to seeing you again.

Just Like Home

My mom has been a resident here for several years. The Valley Crest staff has become part of our family. Everyone from the front office staff to the kitchen staff knows my mom and they know things that settle her down and also soothe her when she's having a bad day. I do wish they had more activities for the residents. They do have entertainment quite often but when there is day when there isn't any it seems like they could be putting in a little more effort to find new and fun things for them to do. Valley Crest will always have a special place in my heart. It really does feel like a home to us.

Loved it over all!

I took a tour last week for the second time. We were looking for a place for my mom who has early onset dementia. Everyone was extremely welcoming and friendly. Every worker had a smile on their face and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. They seemed to know all of the residents very well and they seemed to be well taken care of. During both of my visits it was mid-day and it did seem that the residents should of been doing some kind of activity. What was on the activity calendar wasn't being done but I was told they had to move some things around. The decor was a little out dated but the care they seem to give the people their in my opinion far out weigh that. We weren't able to place my Mom because we decided to move out of state but we would do it in a heart beat.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thanks for the detailed review we appreciate you taking the time and touring our community. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Valley Crest Memory Care. Thank you for your consideration, we hope that you are very happy with your new community.

Time for a Makeover!

This community was very dingy and dark. It reminds me of a institution from off the television. The staff was friendly and super helpful. I would not take my loved one there simply because of the vibe that is given. They do offer activities for the residents.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are sorry to see that you had a negative experience. We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director at [removed]. We hope to hear from you to resolve this matter.

Very informative staff. Pricing is out of our financial limits. They offer a good program for those with memory difficulties

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it and thank you for your consideration. We hope that you find the community that best meets your needs.

Quality care and caring with residents being top priority

I would like to let you know how impressed I was with your Valley Crest Memory Care facility in Apple Valley, CA. I provided home health occupational therapy services to a resident at Valley Crest for three weeks recently. I was there at different times, including during a couple of meals. I observed interactions with the residents by caregivers, nursing staff, the Activity Director, and dining room staff. I was helped by staff at the front desk and felt welcomed.

I became progressively impressed with the overall facility and staff and wanted to let you know the quality care and caring I observed. As a result of many years of clinical experience, I almost unconsciously noted the ’personality’ of the facility - the calming environment and level of stimuli provided, the tone and respect given the residents, the desire to help as needed without a condescending attitude, the always positive and quick response to my asking for towels or toothpaste or how they did things. Every single person I had contact with left me with the impression that the residents and their needs were their top priority.

I have nothing but the highest complements for everyone at Valley Crest Memory Care. These days I’ve become aware of the need to plan for all contingencies, including Alzheimer’s and long term placement needs. Valley Crest is the standard I will tell my family to use if placement decisions are needed.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this detailed positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

Home away from home

My wife has been a resident at Valley Crest since November 2015 and I am very happy that I chose Valley Crest. Kimberly [last name removed] is an outstanding Director. She spends many hours over an eight hour day ensuring that the residents receive the best of care. She is always accessible to family members that have questions or problems. She feels that your problems are her problems and she does not stop until they are solved.
The staff at Valley Crest are outstanding. I am there every day with my wife and I see how they meet the residents needs with a cheerful smile and attitude. Caring for someone who has fading memory or has lost it all is difficult to say the least. I have never seen any of the staff lose their temper or lose their patients. I've seen some residents hit or push staff members and the staff member would calm them down with loving care.
Your love ones will never get the care that you would give them at home but I feel that Valley Crest is the next best place. I have looked at a lot of the nursing homes here in this area and Valley Crest is the one for my wife. My wife has been on a down hill slide with dementia for the last ten years so I have been in most care facilities in our area. If your love one has a memory problem and you see that you will have to place them in a home I would suggest that Valley Crest is the first place to look.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

Good Experience Overall

I think that overall, the experience was very good. All of the staff members were wonderful in helping us out. The head nurse was very good and providing me with good information as far as what the facility had to offer and assisting us with hospice. They could definitely improve on their laundry services.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Valley Crest Memory Care! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

STAY AWAY!!

There is a huge turnover in staff, and those that are hired are not qualified to care for our loved ones. My mother has been there for a few years now and if we had to do over again, this wouldn't be the place she would live. Unfortunately, taking her out of here now would cause more damage than good. When we question the care she is receiving, Renee tells us, "Well, you can move her." VC would like us to move her , because she is on the life long pricing which means they could fill her bed with a more lucrative resident. At this point, VC is doing what they can to shorten her life, to fill that bed when she passes (they've stopped meds and oxygen, as per Dr's orders).
Stay away from this place. NOT A GOOD CHOICE FOR YOUR LOVED ONES.

Pacifica Senior Living

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our community. We strive for 5 star reviews and would like the opportunity to show you how we have changed for the better.

I wouldn't reccommend them at all.

It was a whirlwind getting in and things weren't explained very well. When it came to pricing and billing, it was confusing. She passed and nobody knew when it happened. We got a call the following morning and they said she died last night, I just came on and found her. I wouldn't reccommend them at all.

Pleased overall

It's a very clean and nice looking place, and the memory care they provide is good. My only complaint is that they do not have 24 hour nursing staff. They do have nurses on call at all times, but based on the type of care they provide here I really wish they'd have someone on the premises at all times.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear that your pleased with the memory care. We realize the importance of caring for loved ones with memory care needs and this is of our utmost concern. We will take your request for increased hours of the nursing staff under consideration and thank you for sharing with us. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Mom's found a new home

When we did our tour of the facility I was impressed that our guide knew every resident by name. She chatted with each senior and you could tell they all felt comfortable with each other. Our impression was this facility, although not the fanciest, felt the most home like.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you trusted us with the care of your mother and that you are all happy here.

This place wasn't as nice but was ver...

This place wasn't as nice but was very clean and had no urine smell at all. The worker's were very helpful and director gave us a perfect tour of the facility and knew every resident we encountered by name.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review. We pride our facility on its homey charm, warmth and cleanliness. We care for all our residents and treat them with love, warmth and dignity. We have a Facebook page that we provide weekly updated images.

Valley Crest Residential Care, located in Apple Valley, California, offers a distinctive approach to specialized memory care. We provide a safe, secure and compassionate home for your loved one. From cozy rooms, to peaceful gardens and home-cooked meals, you have peace of mind knowing your loved one is at a home away from home. Our respected and innovative Rediscovery™ Program offers resident’s ways to “rediscover” everyday activities. A unique aspect of our Rediscovery program enables your loved one with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or memory impairments to live and interact with residents of similar cognitive abilities in a cottage setting, where they participate in activities and share meals. Frequent wellness checks, as well as diet monitoring, ensure that health needs are addressed promptly. Our Quality of Life Activities Program is tailored to each individual’s abilities. We focus on helping your loved one “rediscover” their remaining abilities. We also encourage families to be involved with day-to-day care planning, special events and support group meetings. To provide the financial assurance you need for a decision, Valley Crest has created an innovative fixed-rate pricing structure that sets a new standard in specialty memory care. From the day your loved one moves-in, throughout their entire stay, the cost of care will never increase. Ask us about our Lifetime Fixed Pricing program today.

AMENITIES AVAILABLE