Valencia Commons - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Built in the picturesque foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, you’ll love our magnificent facilities and scenic views while enjoying all the convenience of the nearby community. We’re just minutes from shopping, dining, healthcare and wonderful regional attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

Turning into a good situation

With any new move there are always going to be some issues that come up but thankfully the staff here is very open with communication and they have been working with us to resolve our issues.I expect as time goes on things will get resolved. It appears that the other residents seem to like the food. Mom is not quite at the point where she can join in any activities but we are hoping soon. The community is clean and well maintained.

Good care for dad

The care for my father from this staff who are excellent. The community is very clean and a nice environment for him. The menu is good and he is please with the menu. They offer activities for him to participate. We were happy with the cost of the care for my father's care. I would recommend this community for the care and value for families and loved one.

Still adjusting...

So far, everything, for the most part, is going well for my mother since her move. They have a good variety of activities and the place is clean. The meals, however, could use improvement. The organization in the dining room is not good, and I have heard complaints from multiple residents there as well. Also, the maintenance could use improvement. My mother's closet door has not been working well and they have not been able to fix it correctly, I am afraid it will fall on her.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the quality of care my friend has been receiving from the staff at this community since he had moved in. They are very accommodating and make sure to keep in good communication about his care as well as any updates. He had no complaints about the meals and enjoys the activities from time to time with the other residents.

It Has Been Easy For Her

My mom is doing well and I would recommend them to family and friends in need. It basically came down to having a first floor available and they made accommodation for her dog. It has been going well for the both of them. She mainly only eats lunch and she enjoys the food with co complaints.

A good tour!

The staff at Valencia Commons were very nice. The tour guide was very informative and answered all of my questions. It was a very nice community, but it was more Assisted Living, it was not the best for my mother.

Clean place!

While my father was at Valencia Gardens, it was a good experience. What I did not like were the caregivers. I did not care for them, you had to pay extra for showers and sometimes they would be late. I was not happy with the caregivers.

By far my favorite place. The price is reasonable compared to other places. The rooms are beautiful. Everyone seems very happy there.

Detailed Cleaning !!

My loved one has had no problem with the meals, they have been great. The staff are very attentive to my wife and are always willing to help me run any errands for items she may needs. They are always picking up her room and making sure it stays nice and tidy for her.

Outdated Place!!

Since the moment i saw the community i noticed it looked kind of outdated. The place where the residents had indoor activities was upstairs. Everything looked very plain the residents seemed to be doing okay. The feeling that i got about it was not very good and i thought the meal plans weren't something my mother would like.

Good Care for my sister.

The community is very nice and clean. The staff is caring, but need to make sure that meals are at regular times for her. The activities are offered to help her participate with others. I would recommend this community for family who want good care for the value.

Change in Attitude

I was very impressed when my family and I first contacted the staff at Valencia Commons. They were very attentive and very much willing to assist us in getting my family member signed up. Since that time however, their attitude has completely changed. They are no longer as willing to assist when I have questions, and in some cases when I express concerns, they have implied that my sister is lying about problems she is witnessing. That is unacceptable as far as I am concerned. It just appears that once my family member became a resident, their friendliness and willingness to help diminished. Very disappointing.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie and I work for Holiday Retirement in the home office. I want to first thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Valencia Commons. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service, and we truly appreciate anytime folks come forward with feedback that helps us improve our services. We'd really like the opportunity to follow up with you on the comments you have shared with us, however, as the experience you describe is not one we at all strive to deliver. In fact, I've gone ahead and shared your comment with our Resident Relations team, who would love to speak more with you regarding this matter, and who can be reached at [removed]. Please give us a call, we would love to hear from you and help!

Helpful Community

My dad is no longer living at this community and did not stay long. Life made some changes and made it uncomfortable and hard for my dad to stay. The staff did they best they could to make him feel comfortable. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

I wish I could move this community closer to me!!

Valencia commons is a great place. The community is beautiful and definitely gives you a nice welcoming feeling. The commute is a bit of a distance for me, but I'd recommend the place as they do take good care of their residents. The food was barely warm when we ate breakfast the other day, but the food is not as critical as I feel the people and the environment are more important. They do offer activities for the residents as well. There is also a senior community center close by that will pick up the residents and bring them back to the community for a minimal yearly fee. Her linens are changed once a week and at the same time the room is cleaned. I cannot say enough about the staff. The managers and support staff are hands on and completely involved in the residents' care and needs.

Lovely Community

This is a lovely community and I am really enjoying my time here. It is beautiful and looks amazing. They come in once a week to clean for me. My only issue has been the food, but they are working to fix that. Everyone here is great, they are very friendly and kind. They have activities like bingo and sing a long and game nights. I am happy with this community and would recommend it to anyone.

Outstanding quality of care and treatment of the residents

The first thing that strikes you when you walk into Valencia Commons is how beautiful and elegant it is. It really is gorgeous. It is like staying in a grand old hotel. The staff is wonderful here and the level of care is excellent. The food and the food service could be better, but the quality of care and treatment of the residents is outstanding.

Nothing To Improve

I can not think of anything to improve on. I was impressed by the appearance of the building and when you walk in it is classy and clean and everybody is friendly and nice and everything went real smooth.

They have been wonderful.

They have been wonderful. I don't really have any complaints, they have done a good job. I am very satisfied. The food is really good, but the kitchen has a hard time keeping up on things like allergies. Other than that I have been very happy with them.

Beautiful Facility

I would have to say that the Valencia Commons is a beautiful facility in a very desirable neighborhood. The staff is very professional and they have really worked hard to move both of my parents in there

very good

My mom and dad are both living at Valencia Commons and they have been a real Godsend to us. My parents needed to move in there, and though they did not like having to leave their home, Valencia Commons has been very good for them.

I like Valencia Commons

I like Valencia Commons. The staff is nice. The food isn't good. The service isn't good either. If someone wants jelly with their meal the staff will say that it's only for breakfast. Or if someone is late they wont get served. They are very strict with their times. They just aren't very accommodating with the dining service. They have a lot of activities and things going on here. He really likes it better than where he was before. They do have more for them to do there. The residents are younger at this facility and dad likes that.

happy and friendly

The care at Valencia Commons was really good. Mom was so sick while there so she was in her room a lot. We did notice how happy and friendly the residents were there when we would walk the halls. Everyone seemed just really happy to be there. If mom would have been healthier when she was there I this she would have really gotten a lot out of being at this facility.

Valencia Commons - Rancho Cucamonga CA

Super clean home environment, with wide variety of food choices prepared daily by gourmet chef. Senior residents are active and cognitive making it easy for my mother who is independent with only minor caregiver needs. Spacious one bedroom with lots of natural light and a private balcony. They do have an onsite caregiver and home care service vendors onsite which gives me daily piece of mind that someone checks in on her frequently. She recently fell and the caregiver and managers responded immediately and kept me in the loop.

I Definitely Recommend Them

The people are friendly and all the tenants are friendly. I really have nothing bad to say. I would definitely recommend them. If I had to pick one thing, it would be the food. My loved one is used to her own cooking, and for her to have different dishes, she is just not used to it, but she seems happy with it.

pleasant experience

Overall they have just been great. They are extremely friendly and try really hard to meet the needs of the people that live there. My mother just had her birthday there and they all sang happy birthday to her and made it a very pleasant experience.

mom is happy

I keep asking my mother (the one staying at Valencia Commons) and she keeps telling me that she loves it there and is very happy. She never did get a chance to speak with the cook to express her specific dietary requests, but the food there was pretty decent.

There was an instance where she sat down for dinner and had one of the other residents tell her that it was her spot, and she felt like she had to leave that table. I did not like that.

Other than that she has made friends there and really seems to be happy.

Activities seem to focus on card games. They recently had an outing to the horse races. They do have music based activities through out the month. More outings to community concerts, plays, would be nice. There is a lot of free and low cost events at the high schools and colleges in the area.

A suggestion on meals: rolls and breads are always white flour. I have heard several people comment on no whole wheat breads. This seems odd when planning meals for an older population. Occasionally some food items are heavily salted, but overall menus are tasty. My parents are happy at Valencia Commons and are having more social opportunities than when they lived alone.

Have not used care services so gave a neutral score.

The staff here is unbelievable, they are the greatest people

It's a safe environment. It's a beautiful place. The staff here is unbelievable, they are the greatest people I have ever met. The caretakers are just amazing. The food is not gourmet, but it's fine, I have eaten it before.

I think think it is a good community for those who are able to care for themselves. Once you need extra care, or help, it is beyond expensive. If your loved one needs 24/7 care or daily help, I would not recommend Valencia Commons.

A really nice place

It seems to be a really nice place. My mother in law lives here and she really likes it. It is always clean, which is very important. The staff has been wonderful. They are very accommodating and helpful. They always return our calls. It has been a great experience. I can't rate the care services or the activities because it is not applicable. She doesn't participate in the activities.

very nice

Valencia Commons has great customer service. Everyone there is really very nice. Overall it is a really nice place and one I would highly recommend.

Missy was very nice. I was...

Missy was very nice. I was impressed with the studios we were shown. It still seems that a majority of the residents we saw in the dining hall used wheelchairs or walkers. In the running!!!

This is too far from my hea...

This is too far from my health care providers.

Beautiful facilities. I wou...

Beautiful facilities. I wouldnt mind living there

Valencia Commons

Jacquie McCord sent me the names and address of numerous places to consider when looking for a residence for my mother. We drove past several of them, but Valencia Commons was the first place we actually visited. The staff greeted us at the door. Missy started off the visit by talking to my mother, not to me. This scored high points with me!!! She is the one who would be living there, her needs and safety were my primary concern. I would not let her go to a place where they would not even talk to her.

Things I was looking for included friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility (including lack of cobwebs and lack of dirt in the corners!), smiles from the residents, and clean smells. All of this was present and very evident when we first walked in.

We did look at other residences, but they paled in comparison. Mother had her mind made up early in the search, and she wanted to go to Valencia Commons from the very first. I thought she should see other places, and almost had to force her to look.

When we moved her belongings in, and was getting her settled in her apartment, staff kept checking to make sure Mom had what she needed and that we didn't need help from them. Questions were answered, and help was forth-coming in a very timely manner.

I had to return to my home in Maine before Mom was completely settled. Leaving her was very hard, but I knew that she was in a safe and caring place. Her phone was not connected before I left, and the office staff was wonderful about passing on the message to Mom that I had arrived home safely. It is their attention to the little details that make this an exceptional place! Many thanks to Missy and Keith, Sonietta, and Elizabeth for all of their help!

Fine Facility

It's a very fine facility. The person I know there is doing very well.

Absolute Heaven

We're extremely happy, it's wonderful. The workers there are jsut so friendly and they'll do anything and everything, there's never been a time when I've gotten there and haven't been greeted or said hello to. They're constantly taking care of things all the time, the care is excellent, we picked up on Delphina's personal care and they're just excellent and mommas so happy and doing very well. Often times they have people coming in with music and such and the care givers always make sure that they take her to that; they constantly have things going on all the time. The food is great, they're very caring and if there's things they don't like they make sure they don't give it to them. They have several personal care groups there in Valencia and interviewed several, it was just so wonderful for us. When we went up there to see it it was like like "ah, this is perfect."

Beautiful grounds and housi...

Beautiful grounds and housing. But, not sure this would be right for Mom. She needs more assisted care than they normally provide.

Valencia Commons has been very helpfu...

Valencia Commons has been very helpful, although, there have been some things they never followed through on so we had to take care of them on our own. We looked at six other places before deciding on Valenica Commons, primarily because of it's proximity to a family friend.

The facility and management were extr...

The facility and management were extremely nice. This is more of an 'independent' living place with lots of retirees, therefore any added/level care services are at an addl cost. The studio room is large; but $3300/month way above out budget.

When I called they said they did not ...

When I called they said they did not have anything for dimentia, it is more for seniors without health issues.

Nice but too big and only have 1 bedr...

Nice but too big and only have 1 bedroom available at the momeent. Assisted living support separate.

very nice. roomy.