Urbandale Health Care Center - Urbandale, IA

Urbandale Health Care Center - Urbandale, IA has yet not published prices.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They seem to really care about their patients. The caregiver ratio to patients is good. My loved one is doing restorative therapy. They are getting a wheelchair that will fit for her specifically. The nurses are all terrific. They are very helpful and they call me immediately for any changes. The aides help her right away and if they can't help right away, they let her know. It has been a really good experience with no problems at all. They keep her very clean. The staff are getting to know us by name. The aides are really nice and helpful with her meals. The meals have been very good, and my loved one is a picky eater. They give her a choice every day. The communication is excellent. They call me and they keep me informed or call with questions. The administrative staff are on the ball getting things done. They explained everything to us.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The therapists are enthusiastic and it's a good program. The nurses have done wonderfully. Response times can sometimes be slow. The place is very clean. My loved one loves the food. My loved one loves the food. It would be nice to have more medical diet options. Communication is wonderful. I get lots of calls.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They are all real nice and helpful. Sometimes the rehab therapy does not seem long enough. They do not clean my loved one's room very often, not every day. Meals are the same thing all the time. Communication is good.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

My loved one is doing really good there. Much better than the previous facility. She's made more progress in the last 3 weeks than the last 4 years. The staff is very good and they keep me informed and up to date on everything. The facility is very clean. They are very on top of communication.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The therapists go above and beyond. The food all looks good. The main person, the coordinator, is good about communicating with me.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The amount of love and compassion was absolutely above and beyond. All of the staff was wonderful. The nurses were over the top in communication. They helped with rough times and any little thing I needed, they helped. I felt comfortable with my mom being there. The lady who helped her out of the car acted as if they were old friends. My mom did not have much of an appetite, but the food was presented well.

Everything was great.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They cared for my loved one and met her needs. The facility is a little bit dated. The meals are fine. They do well at communicating and letting me know things.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

My loved one likes the rehab therapy. Everyone is very nice. They need more staff so they can get to the patient when called. The place looks clean. Communication with me could be better.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The people were nice and the place was clean. I was with my loved one one day at lunch and he said they gave too much food. The social worker was nice.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

In general, the staff was okay. The nurses were rough cleaning my loved one up and his dignity was not maintained. The place is sterile looking. Things were not explained to me very well. Someone should have called when my loved one was having an emergency.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Things are very good. The staff is very friendly and good to my loved one. There are times when the facility smells like urine.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The people are very nice to my loved one, and that has been good. He has improved from the therapy. The nurses are very nice. The place is dirty. The carpets are filthy with big spots and the bathrooms are not as clean as they should be. My loved one said the meals were not horrible. I tried to reach the nurses station on Sunday and it is hard to get through on the weekend.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Overall, things are good. The building seem outdated and old. The carpet is nasty. The food is fine.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

So far, the rehab therapy has gone well. The hand off from the hospital to the facility is not smooth. The food in the dining room not cooked properly and comes cold. There is not good communication between people on the staff.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They seemed like they had everything under control.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They are great people. Therapy has been good, but progress is slow. I like the woman who is over the rehab therapy. My loved one eats in her room and the meals seem fine.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

It is quiet and it is beautiful. My loved one has his own room. The staff comes quickly to help and they are nice. He says the meals are good. The day my loved one was admitted, he fell and they called everyone on the contact list to let us know.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

I had a bad experience with one nurse. This was addressed and the other nurses were wonderful. The aides were good.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Rehab therapy was good. One nurse said they gave my loved one her medicine but they did not. The meals were okay.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Communication was generally good, but the time my loved one needed to go to the hospital, the nurse on duty nearly waited too long, so I can't give them a very good rating.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Some of the staff was rude. They claimed my loved one did not want a bath when she did want a bath. She liked the food.

Urbandale Health Care Center is a 106-bed skilled nursing facility centrally located to serve the residents of Urbandale and the surrounding communities. We provide safe, comfortable, and nurturing rehabilitation services, short-term skilled care, and long-term care. Our TruRehab program strives to provide excellent service and help our guests return to their highest possible level of functioning.

In addition to physical, speech, and occupational therapy, our therapists also provide care for fall prevention, stroke recovery, and wound healing. They are experienced with treating a variety of conditions including urinary incontinence, COPD, rheumatoid arthritis, and peripheral neuropathy.

Urbandale Health Care Center has a wide variety of amenities to offer, such as newly remodeled spacious rooms, complimentary television, phone, and internet access, therapeutic diets, an easily accessible therapy department, and an onsite physician clinic.