Urbandale Health Care Center - Urbandale, IA

Urbandale Health Care Center - Urbandale, IA has yet not published prices.

They are very attentive.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Everything went well. They communicate with me.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They have been very attentive to him. It's very good care. I think it's really helping. They are short staffed. They seem to be friendly, but they are working hard. It's clean and orderly.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They are very attentive and very thorough. They contacted me whenever there was a change. The meals are very good. I was very pleased.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Everyone is friendly there and they take care of my dad. It's an older facility.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Everyone is really nice. I wish they were more attentive and paid more attention to what I have asked for. They care and do pretty well for how many people they take care of. The actual rooms and floors in the bathrooms could be cleaner. The food is decent. They didn't call when an incident happened.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

I like his room and he said the food is good. More favorable than unfavorable. There are two staff members that are willing to take a few minutes to chit chat and an aide is very friendly and interacts with him and he needs that. It seems to be kept clean very well. His food is always good and the dining room is pleasant. They are all pretty good about communication. There seems to be a long gap with him pushing the call button and someone coming to help him with what he needs. For the most part the staff has been very friendly.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Communication was not great from the beginning. We were never told where things were, how things are done. It has been a lot of little things such as the schedule for meals and when you put your light on and you have to wait. The other night he said he needed help with something and it took hours.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Everyone is very concerned and attentive. They are quick to respond when my loved one needs help. They keep track of my loved one regularly. The therapy is very good. They are very concerned and I am very impressed with the staff. I have had several phone calls and they check to see if anything can be done when I am there. This is the best facility my loved one has ever been in. They are eager to please.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They are exercising her and she is getting stronger. They do really well. This is why I chose this facility and there is no bad smell. The people are very attentive and courteous. They are very good for my loved one. The food is very pleasing and it is very clean. The room she will be living in is very small and I am not happy with that. The food could be better. Excellent communication, the meeting went well, and they are precise.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Their updates are good. They are caring and getting my loved one to appointments. My loved one is starting to walk now. My loved one is enjoying it there. I like the administration lady who was very friendly. It was clean. There was no bad smell. My loved one is eating here and that is good.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The personnel they have here is outstanding. The food has been good. They all communicate well. There have been a couple of things I did not care for.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The staff has been great at the facility. Everyone has been not only very helpful but also very understanding of the situation. They are a very caring and understanding staff. The carpet could use some extra attention. There are stains on the ceiling tiles. The bathrooms, especially since they are shared, could use more attention. I called and was placed on hold for 14 minutes. After 14 minutes someone asked who I was holding for. I never reached the person I was attempting to connect with. Thankfully, this was not an urgent situation however I was not able to obtain information that I called for.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

My father's stay is going well and we are pleased with the experience. It is very clean. I am there every day to get information about his care. So far, the facility has met my expectations and I am satisfied with their level of communication.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The staff is friendly and caring.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

It is a very quiet place and my loved one gets help immediately. I am overall happy with my loved one being there. They are doing well with my loved one. They are doing a good job. My loved one is happy with the meals. Fantastic communication. They all are very nice and give answers I understand. We have had other family members there and we are very happy with the facility. The shower room is cold and they did try to warm it up with hot water but it was still cold. They need a heater on in the shower areas. The medications are not consistent with when and how my loved one has done it at home.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Therapy seems to be going okay. There is this one nurse, an aide that seems really peppy. Most of the staff are friendly. The food seems okay. The whole experience is bad for me because all my loved one talks about is going home.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They are doing a good job. They are friendly and good to my loved one. The facility could be updated a little, but it is clean. The bedspreads are old.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

My loved one has her own room, and it is really nice. The whole staff is really good. It is very clean.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The nurses and staff done well. The food is okay. Sometimes it's cold, but my loved one told me they'll heat it for him.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

My loved one says he is very pleased with it. They are getting him more socially involved there. He plays chess and he likes it and is happy. He says rehab therapy is coming along well. He said they are all friendly there. He has not had any problems, and it is cheery and bright compared to the other facility. The meals are excellent.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

My loved one is getting good care. He complains a lot about the time they take to answer his call button. He gets really upset about that, but I think he is getting good care. They call me about everything.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Overall, everything is good. They are great about communicating.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The healthcare team is doing a good job. The nurses are overworked, but they get the job done. Any interactions I have had with the staff have always been positive. The person in charge of activities and transportation does an exceptional job. The nursing staff give me updates regularly.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The day we arrived, it seemed like they were stretched thin. The LPN was fabulous, but she was on the run non-stop. My mom's room was great and everything was clean, but there were stains on the carpet.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

It is good quality care. The nurses and aides are pretty good, but there are not enough of them. They do all they can with the time they have for the patient. The rehab sessions are shorter than what they should be. They do not have much for food options.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They seem to really care about their patients. The caregiver ratio to patients is good. My loved one is doing restorative therapy. They are getting a wheelchair that will fit for her specifically. The nurses are all terrific. They are very helpful and they call me immediately for any changes. The aides help her right away and if they can't help right away, they let her know. It has been a really good experience with no problems at all. They keep her very clean. The staff are getting to know us by name. The aides are really nice and helpful with her meals. The meals have been very good, and my loved one is a picky eater. They give her a choice every day. The communication is excellent. They call me and they keep me informed or call with questions. The administrative staff are on the ball getting things done. They explained everything to us.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The therapists are enthusiastic and it's a good program. The nurses have done wonderfully. Response times can sometimes be slow. The place is very clean. My loved one loves the food. My loved one loves the food. It would be nice to have more medical diet options. Communication is wonderful. I get lots of calls.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They are all real nice and helpful. Sometimes the rehab therapy does not seem long enough. They do not clean my loved one's room very often, not every day. Meals are the same thing all the time. Communication is good.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

My loved one is doing really good there. Much better than the previous facility. She's made more progress in the last 3 weeks than the last 4 years. The staff is very good and they keep me informed and up to date on everything. The facility is very clean. They are very on top of communication.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The therapists go above and beyond. The food all looks good. The main person, the coordinator, is good about communicating with me.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The amount of love and compassion was absolutely above and beyond. All of the staff was wonderful. The nurses were over the top in communication. They helped with rough times and any little thing I needed, they helped. I felt comfortable with my mom being there. The lady who helped her out of the car acted as if they were old friends. My mom did not have much of an appetite, but the food was presented well.

Everything was great.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They cared for my loved one and met her needs. The facility is a little bit dated. The meals are fine. They do well at communicating and letting me know things.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

My loved one likes the rehab therapy. Everyone is very nice. They need more staff so they can get to the patient when called. The place looks clean. Communication with me could be better.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The people were nice and the place was clean. I was with my loved one one day at lunch and he said they gave too much food. The social worker was nice.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

In general, the staff was okay. The nurses were rough cleaning my loved one up and his dignity was not maintained. The place is sterile looking. Things were not explained to me very well. Someone should have called when my loved one was having an emergency.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Things are very good. The staff is very friendly and good to my loved one. There are times when the facility smells like urine.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

The people are very nice to my loved one, and that has been good. He has improved from the therapy. The nurses are very nice. The place is dirty. The carpets are filthy with big spots and the bathrooms are not as clean as they should be. My loved one said the meals were not horrible. I tried to reach the nurses station on Sunday and it is hard to get through on the weekend.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Overall, things are good. The building seem outdated and old. The carpet is nasty. The food is fine.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

So far, the rehab therapy has gone well. The hand off from the hospital to the facility is not smooth. The food in the dining room not cooked properly and comes cold. There is not good communication between people on the staff.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They seemed like they had everything under control.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

They are great people. Therapy has been good, but progress is slow. I like the woman who is over the rehab therapy. My loved one eats in her room and the meals seem fine.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

It is quiet and it is beautiful. My loved one has his own room. The staff comes quickly to help and they are nice. He says the meals are good. The day my loved one was admitted, he fell and they called everyone on the contact list to let us know.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

I had a bad experience with one nurse. This was addressed and the other nurses were wonderful. The aides were good.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Rehab therapy was good. One nurse said they gave my loved one her medicine but they did not. The meals were okay.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Communication was generally good, but the time my loved one needed to go to the hospital, the nurse on duty nearly waited too long, so I can't give them a very good rating.

Review of Urbandale Health Care Center

Some of the staff was rude. They claimed my loved one did not want a bath when she did want a bath. She liked the food.

Urbandale Health Care Center is a 106-bed skilled nursing facility centrally located to serve the residents of Urbandale and the surrounding communities. We provide safe, comfortable, and nurturing rehabilitation services, short-term skilled care, and long-term care. Our TruRehab program strives to provide excellent service and help our guests return to their highest possible level of functioning.

In addition to physical, speech, and occupational therapy, our therapists also provide care for fall prevention, stroke recovery, and wound healing. They are experienced with treating a variety of conditions including urinary incontinence, COPD, rheumatoid arthritis, and peripheral neuropathy.

Urbandale Health Care Center has a wide variety of amenities to offer, such as newly remodeled spacious rooms, complimentary television, phone, and internet access, therapeutic diets, an easily accessible therapy department, and an onsite physician clinic.