Uffelman Estates - Clarksville, TN

Room (pardon the pun) For Improvement

No longer an independent living community. My mother has been here several years and she has enjoyed it for the most part. It seems that Holiday Retirement (parent company) can't seem to find a management team that is effective. Each change in local management brings change to the community and the elderly are not specifically accepting of change. The food is mostly "adequate", rarely good, even more rarely great. Same vegetables several times a week. Often times what was on the menu is not what is being served and that can be frustrating for elderly residents. Activities are fun but there could be more variety. Outings are few and far between. A new manager has joined the team just this month and while she seems very nice, I hope she is equally as effective.

Ask a lot of questions

The food at the community seems ok. They offer two menus, however they do change the alternate menu during meal time. They advised us during the tour that they could take my parents to appointments, unfortunately after they moved in we were told they do not have a vehicle that can transport wheelchairs. This community is ok for independent living. We had to sign a three month contract and they will not let us out of the contract even though my parents need more care than they are able to provide.

Father is Doing Great

My father is doing great since his move to this community. This is a good community, and I'am satisfied with his move to this retirement community. The community is well-kept. They do a good job with the cleanliness. It has been a good experience, and everything is working out well. We are pleased.

Nice place nice people need new washers and funnier activities

Uffleman needs a serious update. [Removed] looked as if she had no time to get ready for a tour. Perhaps what I'm looking for it's not available, or my expectations exceeded the reality.

Good Move for Me

So far my experience with this community has been a good one. I do feel this will be a good move for me. It is a very nice place, everything looks very well-kept. The staff is very kind, and they are always willing to help. They have lovely activities offered for the residents. The meals are good, they do serve well balanced meals. This will be a good fit for me, and I'am really looking forward to my time here at this community, and I would recommend it.

this is not an assisted living facility as advertised

we were advised that this was an Assisted Living Facility when in fact it is a retirement community. My mother signed a contract before we were advised of this and now we cannot get them to answer us either by e-mail or by telephone. She has never taken up occupancy due to the fact that what she needs is assisted living and not living on her own. she is 91 years old and scared to death to be alone.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, My name is Katie and I work in Holiday's Home Office. We are sorry to hear this has been your experience, and would like if you could call our Resident Relations line at [removed] so we can learn more. Please give us a call when you're able so we can look into this matter further for you - thanks!

Food is great here

The food is amazing here, better then any place ive lived so far. The staff is attentive and helpful whenever i need them.

Very nice place

Things have gone very well at Uffelman Estates! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept facility. The staff here has been very friendly and welcoming, and they do a great job looking after the people who live here! I would recommend them.

My Mother felt welcomed and comfortable at her very first visit at Uffelman's and found several ladies she had a lot in common with and made some new friends very easy. The food is also very good.

Mother's New Home

My Mother has an apartment with Uffelman Estates since May 2015. So far she has enjoyed the apartment, food and activities. She has met and made friends. I was not happy to hear the van that that takes them on road trips has not been repaired and not sure when it will be repaired. The food is great. Our family has enjoyed several meals with our Mother. She is very happy and enjoys each day's activities.

Too expensive for what you get

Too expensive for what you get, they advertise 5 star chef but you get 1 star meals. . The staff is friendly , they only clean once a month they don't do any dishes. Alot of times they don't empty the garbage cans. I fall alot and when i call for help they always call an ambulance but I don't need one, just need help getting back up.

admin admin

Hi, I’m Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement’s Home Office. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having a negative experience at Uffelman Estates. Uffelman Estates is an independent living community, not assisted living, which would explain the lack of garbage service and personal care. However, we pride ourselves on our food service so we definitely want to know more about how that can be improved upon. If you have any suggestions, please know that you’re always welcome to call Home Office directly at [removed].

Katie

Uffelman Estates Review

I moved my mom to Uffelman Estates and we have been very pleased with the community. It does not offer care givers, but there are community care givers that may be hired if needed. This community is for those who are still able to live independently. Food is good and pricing is reasonable.

Very nice place!

Everything has gone very well with Uffelman Estates! Everyone I've spoken with has been polite and courteous, and it just seems like a very nice place overall! I would recommend them!

Two week visit to Uffelman

My father had a 2 week stay there which was terrific for him! He made new friends and the staff were very accommodating and helpful to him. I highly recommend this community.

Uffleman Review

Uffleman estates is a wonderful place to live. I have been here a week and everyone here has been friendly and kind. The food is delicious and the staff if extremely helpful. My apartment is small, but very nice. I was allowed to bring my long time pets and that makes living here good. Th other residents have accepted me. I have heard my name used more in the week I have been here, more than I had heard it in the last six months. Every ones speaks to and asks how I am. I am so pleased that I choose Uffleman Estates!

Tucked away in a quiet corner of Clarksville, Uffelman Estates provides you with a beautiful, park-like setting to come home to. Our beautiful grounds and facilities charms residents, and they love all the unique attractions our area has to offer. We’re just minutes away from the Governors Square Mall, other shopping, healthcare and fine dining establishments.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind