Tudor Castle Residential Care Home - Decatur, GA

[Removed] carehome

my father lived there for several years, he was [Removed]2-3 times that he would not be able to stay in a private room for the amount he pays, he was able to access a bath tub, for bathing only at times, the care home had a hostile [Removed] atmosphere at the end he was told he was leaving and his room was being offered at 2400.00 dollars, he was having problems with showering because of cold water, [removed], I went to the home and after allowing for water to reach top temp it was 67degrees Fahrenheit, he was told he would be able to go to owners sister in laws home, which never occurred, the staff (owners sister) told my father" you would never get hot water there" my father stated staff wouldn't give him his medicine. with all this going on I started taking my father once a week to my home to bathe until he burned himself in our shower leading to hospitalization and never going back to tudor castle. I called ga government regulations and when they went out they read the water temp at 108 degrees Fahrenheit which is understandable because they would turn water to shower and interior temp up and down regularly they also put his fiber supplement in his drawer as if they hadn't withheld it from him

Our New Experience

The move in for my husband is going well. Everyone is pleased with the facility and the care that is given. The staff are communicating very well. They keep in touch all the time. We are very new to this and it is nice that we dis not have any problems. All is well.

Did a great job

I thought they did a great job with my loved one during her time here. The staff were friendly and professional, and did a great job keeping the facility itself looking nice. I really like that they pushed the residents to remain engaged, they wouldn't let them sit around in their rooms all day. And the food was excellent!

The people here looked like they like...

The people here looked like they liked living there. It was all on one level. The shower is a roll in, that's great.